District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay okay okay...i know i said lets put the JR High to rest...but i gotta ask one more question--

what was the final to the CA vs. Cully game in the championship that year?

it would be fun to keep in our heads if CA and cully happen to meet in the championship, or even an earlier round in the tournament.

Cully beat SF on a turnaround hook shot if you would call it that and made it to win on a buzzer beater. Cully blew out CA wasn't even a gm. But it didn't really matter who advanced that year cause either team (cully or SF) would have won.

okay okay okay...i know i said lets put the JR High to rest...but i gotta ask one more question--

it would be fun to keep in our heads if CA and cully happen to meet in the championship, or even an earlier round in the tournament.

Cully beat SF on a turnaround hook shot if you would call it that and made it to win on a buzzer beater. Cully blew out CA wasn't even a gm. But it didn't really matter who advanced that year cause either team (cully or SF) would have won.

The CA vs Cully tournament game in 8th grade wasn't a blow out but it wasn't a nail biter either. Cully had a great game plan by playing a box and 1 defense on Williams. If Williams beat the man to man coverage then someone in the zone would pick him up. Whatever side of the floor he was on they cheated to that side. It worked and CA never adjusted.

You also sound so sure that Cully or SF would have beat CA but the funny thing about it was that Cully beat SF 3 times that year. (Twice in the season and once in the tournament) CA beat SF twice that year. (Not a close game at CA and by a 3 point buzzer beater by Boshers at SF) CA and Cully split the season. CA did blow out Cully at Cully then Cully beat CA by a few points at CA. Cully then beat CA in the tournament when it mattered most. SF didn't make the championship game so they couldn't have beat CA but they did beat Zion pretty good in the 3rd place game. Congrats!

Now for the buzzer beater that Cully beat SF on in the tournament. It was a turn around jumper by McKay from the left block. Not a hook shot! SF played a good game that night and had a good game plan to slow down Greene. Cully didn't play that well but got the job done. Cully then played very well against CA in the championship.

Another point of all of this is it doesn’t matter if you win by a buzzer beater or you win by a blow out… what matters is WINNING!

I see a trend in most SF fans about their sports... it's always SF "Should've, Could've, and Would've"!

I see a trend in most SF fans about their sports... it's always SF "Should've, Could've, and Would've"!

Couldn't have said it better myself! Like i said before, we will see what chance, if any, SF has to be a legit contender in the district tonight against Cully. Wonna be the best you gotta beat the best!

okay now that we got that out of the way....i think we can get on with high school...no more jr high talk! it means nothing!

on the plus side there are 2 big games tonight...

cully/santa fe

cornersville/richland

there will at least be something to talk about after tonight!

Ok so I will be the first to say....SF beat Cully. You know those games where you hate to see a loser??? Well this game I hated to see a winner. Neither team played well. Both threw the ball away, fouled wayyyy too much, and missed easy shots. Worst played high school game I have been to in YEARS. Gotta give it up to SF though, they got the W and when it comes down to it thats all that matters.

And btw, nice sign on a pizza box guys....real mature. Wouldn't expect anything less.

Ok so I will be the first to say....SF beat Cully. You know those games where you hate to see a loser??? Well this game I hated to see a winner. Neither team played well. Both threw the ball away, fouled wayyyy too much, and missed easy shots. Worst played high school game I have been to in YEARS. Gotta give it up to SF though, they got the W and when it comes down to it thats all that matters.

And btw, nice sign on a pizza box guys....real mature. Wouldn't expect anything less.

wow

WHOA! an attempt at dignity?(muted by a feeble list of excuses) by no means turn into a "classy" individual now. Wheres that cullypride charm that motivated so many?

So, welcome to THIS year! As the thread is titled, I think we can see that things will be different in the 09-10 season

The CA vs Cully tournament game in 8th grade wasn't a blow out but it wasn't a nail biter either. Cully had a great game plan by playing a box and 1 defense on Williams. If Williams beat the man to man coverage then someone in the zone would pick him up. Whatever side of the floor he was on they cheated to that side. It worked and CA never adjusted.

You also sound so sure that Cully or SF would have beat CA but the funny thing about it was that Cully beat SF 3 times that year. (Twice in the season and once in the tournament) CA beat SF twice that year. (Not a close game at CA and by a 3 point buzzer beater by Boshers at SF) CA and Cully split the season. CA did blow out Cully at Cully then Cully beat CA by a few points at CA. Cully then beat CA in the tournament when it mattered most. SF didn't make the championship game so they couldn't have beat CA but they did beat Zion pretty good in the 3rd place game. Congrats!

Now for the buzzer beater that Cully beat SF on in the tournament. It was a turn around jumper by McKay from the left block. Not a hook shot! SF played a good game that night and had a good game plan to slow down Greene. Cully didn't play that well but got the job done. Cully then played very well against CA in the championship.

Another point of all of this is it doesn’t matter if you win by a buzzer beater or you win by a blow out… what matters is WINNING!

For a person that knows alot sure doesn't state correct facts. It was mtp SF beat for 3rd place....But the only trend I see right now is that undefeated season SF beat Cully tonight!

Couldn't have said it better myself! Like i said before, we will see what chance, if any, SF has to be a legit contender in the district tonight against Cully. Wonna be the best you gotta beat the best!

Good game tonight, but looks like to me the best team won here (SF)

Way to show some sportsmanship after the gm, some kid tryed sucker punchin a SF fan and missed badly and hit 2 innocent by-standards. Terrible way to end in Cully. Though ya'll had better sportsmanship than that.

Wow nice sucker punch from a cully fan at the end of the game, wouldn't expect nothing less from a bunch of immature, can't handle losing to a great team, Fans. Way to go and lose respect from everyone in the district now guys. Now SF kept up their excellent D tonight by shutting cully down, thats why ya'll threw the ball away so much. :thumb: