District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

I think CA wins. They seem to have alot of talent. And not just Williams.

CA has probably the most talent they have had in years. i saw them play clarksville academy, and they shot about 30% (about how yall described the culleoka/santa fe game) and they lost by about 7. so they can play rather than just shooting 3's. (although they were down by about 20 at one point, and brought it to 7 with 3s) i havnt seen a lot of teams play, but i would guess that clarksville academy is a top 3-5 team in the state.

I don't know what richland has, but i would guess this CA team this year would probably beat the CA team of last year and the CA team of last year beat richland 2/3 times. (once on a buzzer beater 3 by williams at richland) i don't know what richland has this year, but didn't they graduate one or 2 of there big guys?

CA for the most part has a lot of talent, but unlike last year CA had Jason king who usually brought the ball up and had a lot of control and didnt try to rush it, this year they rotate between joseph patterson and kade morgan and they both seem to get a little excited sometimes and try to force it. and of course if mathew williams is on its gonna be difficult to stop them.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys think things will shake out friday? My personal pics are Cully over Hamp, Richland over CA, and hopefully Santa Fe over MTP.

Culleoka should beat Hampshire. I believe Hampshire has a young squad and Culleoka should take care of business if they start shooting the way they are capable of.

Mt. Pleasant over Santa Fe-----I believe Mt. Pleasant has enough good athletes to take care of business.

CA over Richland----I believe Matthew Williams will have a super game--he seems to shoot well in that gym of Richlands..

We will see------good luck to every one.

I think CA wins. They seem to have alot of talent. And not just Williams.

CA has probably the most talent they have had in years. i saw them play clarksville academy, and they shot about 30% (about how yall described the culleoka/santa fe game) and they lost by about 7. so they can play rather than just shooting 3's. (although they were down by about 20 at one point, and brought it to 7 with 3s) i havnt seen a lot of teams play, but i would guess that clarksville academy is a top 3-5 team in the state.

I don't know what richland has, but i would guess this CA team this year would probably beat the CA team of last year and the CA team of last year beat richland 2/3 times. (once on a buzzer beater 3 by williams at richland) i don't know what richland has this year, but didn't they graduate one or 2 of there big guys?

CA for the most part has a lot of talent, but unlike last year CA had Jason king who usually brought the ball up and had a lot of control and didnt try to rush it, this year they rotate between joseph patterson and kade morgan and they both seem to get a little excited sometimes and try to force it. and of course if mathew williams is on its gonna be difficult to stop them.

King turned the ball over way too much for a point guard by forcing passes. Whiteside and Rector are missed more than King. Whiteside for his inside scoring and rebounding and Rector for his rebounding and toughness. Patterson and Morgan can turn the ball over too much at times also. They get a little out of control like monkey wrench said. When they don't turn the ball over and play smart and controlled they are some of the best guards in the district. Williams will be handling the point guard duties as of late. He was put at the point the East Hickman game. He is CA's best scorer but he is also the best ball handler on the team. The Richardson twins have done a good job in the post. The Robertson twins have played well coming off the bench. They will be needed if CA has hopes of winning the district. I hope all of CA's guards have a big night at Richland so CA can get a win. That would be a great start to the district schedule.

King turned the ball over way too much for a point guard by forcing passes. Whiteside and Rector are missed more than King. Whiteside for his inside scoring and rebounding and Rector for his rebounding and toughness. Patterson and Morgan can turn the ball over too much at times also. They get a little out of control like monkey wrench said. When they don't turn the ball over and play smart and controlled they are some of the best guards in the district. Williams will be handling the point guard duties as of late. He was put at the point the East Hickman game. He is CA's best scorer but he is also the best ball handler on the team. The Richardson twins have done a good job in the post. The Robertson twins have played well coming off the bench. They will be needed if CA has hopes of winning the district. I hope all of CA's guards have a big night at Richland so CA can get a win. That would be a great start to the district schedule.

you sound like you're seeing CA play quite often. is zach johnson getting much PT? i know he's really athletic, hes just got really bad knees, and had to sit out most of the football season with them...he adds a lot of size, and he can shoot the ball pretty well.

How do you guys think things will shake out friday? My personal pics are Cully over Hamp, Richland over CA, and hopefully Santa Fe over MTP.

Culleoka should beat Hampshire. I believe Hampshire has a young squad and Culleoka should take care of business if they start shooting the way they are capable of.

Mt. Pleasant over Santa Fe-----I believe Mt. Pleasant has enough good athletes to take care of business.

CA over Richland----I believe Matthew Williams will have a super game--he seems to shoot well in that gym of Richlands..

We will see------good luck to every one.

My opinion...

Culleoka over Hampshire by 15+ - Cully bounces back from a tough loss to SF. The experience of Cully takes over while the young Hawks having growing pains while they continue to improve.

Santa Fe over MTP by 5- - The Wildcats have a good thing going right now and seem to be playing more as one unit and learning on the job by winning close games. The Tigers will probably be the more athletic team but are still searching for their identity. The game stays close throughout with the advantage going to SF since they now know how to win close games.

CA over Richland by 5+ - This is the game of the week in the district. CA and Richland is everyone's preseason district front runners. This could be a slugfest or a blow out one way or the other if one team gets hot. Both teams will be pumped and wanting to win bad. I think CA has an advantage in the guard play but Richland will have the advantage in the post. That is not knocking any of the players on the court. I think the lead will change hands several times but CA's wins a close one by hitting free throws down the stretch.

you sound like you're seeing CA play quite often. is zach johnson getting much PT? i know he's really athletic, hes just got really bad knees, and had to sit out most of the football season with them...he adds a lot of size, and he can shoot the ball pretty well.

Johnson's PT depends on Richardson twins fatigue, foul trouble, etc... When he comes in he does a good job. I think he is the most physical kid on the team. I think he still needs to develop as an offensive player but that will come with playing time. Sometimes CA has been going with a 4 man guard line up with one of the Richardson twins in the game instead of Johnson and a Richardson twin. I think as the season goes on and Johnson improves his playing time will increase. He is a big kid and will be needed. He should be really good in the next few years.

Culleoka over Hampshire by 15+ - Cully bounces back from a tough loss to SF. The experience of Cully takes over while the young Hawks having growing pains while they continue to improve.

what is this 'experience' you speak of? they have basically 5 new starters...

James Upshaw started last year, Walton played a lot, etc... Culleoka players whether they were starters or subs on last years team they know more about winning than the Hampshire players. That is what I am considering experience.

what is this 'experience' you speak of? they have basically 5 new starters...

Yea but they have been further than any of the players in district. Walton, pilkington, Upshaw have all seen playing time deep, but I also see what your saying, theyt return none of their starters.