District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

No disrespect to SF (4-0) but let's hold the phones on them just yet. Looking at their schedule SF has played teams with a combined record of 0-13. They go to Zion Friday night who has a 2-1 record but just got taken out behind the wood shed and beat by 57 points by MTP. SF will start out 5-0 but how good are they really? After looking at their schedule I think a lot of teams would be 5-0 after Friday night if they had that schedule. Just my opinion!

Your right to a certain extent though, Yes SF has played some not so good teams as of now but usually those teams are pretty darn good. Take fairview for instant they had Drew Bledsoe last year but he graduated and SF split with them last year and I believe SF got beat by EH last year also. But your right if SF beats zion, SF will have a chance to prove themselves next week when they go on 2 road games playing against Cully and MTP. Good luck SF!

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to SF (4-0) but let's hold the phones on them just yet. Looking at their schedule SF has played teams with a combined record of 0-13. They go to Zion Friday night who has a 2-1 record but just got taken out behind the wood shed and beat by 57 points by MTP. SF will start out 5-0 but how good are they really? After looking at their schedule I think a lot of teams would be 5-0 after Friday night if they had that schedule. Just my opinion!

Your right to a certain extent though, Yes SF has played some not so good teams as of now but usually those teams are pretty darn good. Take fairview for instant they had Drew Bledsoe last year but he graduated and SF split with them last year and I believe SF got beat by EH last year also. But your right if SF beats zion, SF will have a chance to prove themselves next week when they go on 2 road games playing against Cully and MTP. Good luck SF!

SF has played and won* the games they have scheduled...thats all they can do...

on the flip side mathew williams got his thousanth point against NCS

SF has played and one the games they have scheduled...thats all they can do...

These games are usually scheduled a few years in advanced except the classics and tourneys.

Santa Fe knocked off a talented East Hickman 56-44. Although they have a losing record, they gained a guy that hasn't played in the other games that has a lot of talent. Good luck to them.

Santa Fe travels to Zion friday night. Go Wildcats.

So Mtp look like they've gotten off to a good start, anybody have any info on them?

i have watched mtp played both games this week mtp has alot of height but the arent verry thick but 21 is a big guy tj smith......... mtp can shoot the ball ok they was a lil slow just for like 30 seconds against zion since they ran a 2-3 zone to try to make um shoot the 3 but they can i like mtp chances this year go mtp

These games are usually scheduled a few years in advanced except the classics and tourneys.

i know, i was defending them saying they have done what they have been asked to do, and theres nothing else than can do but play who is given to them.

I agree that the teams have bad recoerds now. I think two of them are 2a? But I also don't think, looking at the other teams in the districts schedules, that SF schedule has had the most cupcakes on it to start the season. Thanks monkey, it seems like weve agreed this year on most things through a mutual respect of rivals. One day the not so respectable people will feel our wrath...but for now good luck to CA, as I dont think SF plays you until after the break.

The Raiders finished their pre district schedule at 6-0. Not sure how good the competition has been, time will tell.. Edwards the 3 year starting posts hasnt dressed all year and was still wearing a boot at the Cascade game Tues. This is a different Raider team than in years past, lots of contributors.. Unselfish and fun to watch! We dont need Henry Patterson this year anyway, You all will see soon enough. District prediction: 1 Raiders:2 CA:3 Mt. Pleasant: fight for 4th Cully, Sante Fe, Cornersville,: 7 Hampshire.

The Raiders finished their pre district schedule at 6-0. Not sure how good the competition has been, time will tell.. Edwards the 3 year starting posts hasnt dressed all year and was still wearing a boot at the Cascade game Tues. This is a different Raider team than in years past, lots of contributors.. Unselfish and fun to watch! We dont need Henry Patterson this year anyway, You all will see soon enough. District prediction: 1 Raiders:2 CA:3 Mt. Pleasant: fight for 4th Cully, Sante Fe, Cornersville,: 7 Hampshire.

I'm not doubting Lynnvegas' prediction here, but I just want to ask a question regarding Culleoka. They apparently beat a team that was 9 - 0 to win a tourny last weekend. Does anyone know anything about the team they beat? I know they were from Alabama, but I think I read or heard it was a much larger school.

i know, i was defending them saying they have done what they have been asked to do, and theres nothing else than can do but play who is given to them.

I wasn't sayin that to you Wrench, I was implying it to the other guy :thumb:

The high school basketball schedule is made in the spring around April or May. High School baseball schedules are made in the fall around September. Not years in advance!

if basketball is anything like football you get in "contracts" with people and say, we'll play at your place twice, and you play at ours twice so your playing them for 4 years.

The high school basketball schedule is made in the spring around April or May. High School baseball schedules are made in the fall around September. Not years in advance!

if basketball is anything like football you get in "contracts" with people and say, we'll play at your place twice, and you play at ours twice so your playing them for 4 years.

Usually does not work that way. The district schedule is set with dates at the district meetings then the non-district games are filled in after that. Now schools may have verbal agreement such as "You come to my place this year and we will come to your place next year". They can do that for single games on 2 games in a season meaning your home the first time this year and next year you will play at there place first. No "contracts" around here I'm sure. Now big time high school basketball such at Oak Hill Academy and others like that may work that way. I know several Ad's and head coaches in this area and none of their scheduling works that way.