District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does Culleoka get their starting center back? They've done OK without him but sound like they need a little umph to finish off some of these games.

I don't know when he will be back. He can definately help, but he has gotta play better than he was before he got hurt. If not then Goldman is the better fit.

It appears that Mt Pleasant is a team that is just going to do enough to win games. I guess you could call it playing at the level of their competition. In the district they have only blown out Hampshire the rest of the games have been close.

its hard to keep up that level also. they may take a couple more losses in the 2nd half of the district schedule....or they might win em all? i just think the first one personally.

I would say that the district champ will finish with 2 losses. Still a lot of ball left... Richland is stumbling a little bit but should be fine for the tourney. The way i see it CA is a tough matchup for Richland. Mt Pleasant is somewhat tough for CA.. Richland is a tough matchup for MT Pleasant.. Cully and Santa Fe are the the wild cards for the rest of the season... Cully at Richland Tues.. Should be a good one...The District Tourney should be exciting..

SF is coming off from wins against hamshire fri. and zion sat. Next up is cornersville in which SF should take care of business before coming in some home action against CA. Whats some thoughts on the SF vs CA gm?.

historically, it doesnt matter how good CA is, or how bad Santa Fe is....its usually pretty close...so ill go with that, at least close most of the game, i can see CA winning by 10-15, but that not show what really happen during the game.

SF is coming off from wins against hamshire fri. and zion sat. Next up is cornersville in which SF should take care of business before coming in some home action against CA. Whats some thoughts on the SF vs CA gm?.

I think SF plays a close game but CA wins. SF will get in foul trouble and won't be able to over come it.

Tomorrow nights Cully/Richland game should be a good one. They seemed to match up pretty well last time they played. Could go either way.

I think SF plays a close game but CA wins. SF will get in foul trouble and won't be able to over come it.

Tomorrow nights Cully/Richland game should be a good one. They seemed to match up pretty well last time they played. Could go either way.

Cully I would of fully agreed with you a few weeks back about a few sf guys getting into foul trouble but it seems the new rotation has helped that. Gairrett their standout player who usually draws 2 fouls within minutes has had 1 foul in the last 2 gms and Tyler who accomadates SF alot, usually does the same thing has been able to stay in and play and not have to be pulled because of fouls. If neither SF nor CA gets into foul trouble, it should be a nail biter.

Cully I would of fully agreed with you a few weeks back about a few sf guys getting into foul trouble but it seems the new rotation has helped that. Gairrett their standout player who usually draws 2 fouls within minutes has had 1 foul in the last 2 gms and Tyler who accomadates SF alot, usually does the same thing has been able to stay in and play and not have to be pulled because of fouls. If neither SF nor CA gets into foul trouble, it should be a nail biter.

every guard on CA's team likes to drive the ball, sometimes to much, but if SF is gonna get into foul trouble, this would be the game.

I want to apologize to Pilkington, Goldman, their parents, the Culleoka team, fans and school. That was out of character for me and I have no business calling out individual players in a negative manner. No parent likes to see their child talked about in a negative way and I will be the first to admit that I am a parent that feels the same way. I regret what I have posted and I will only focus on the positive side of players from this point forward.

As far as having issues with tall skinny players that is not the case at all. I let the emotions of last nights game get the best of me and I made a mistake. I didn't mean anything by my post on a personal level but instead I only spoke of the play. That is still no excuse and I used poor judgement by doing so. I'm human and I do make mistakes. Both are good players and I'm sure better kids. Again I apologize.

I did not bash Demario or the twins in the past.

Good luck to both players and the Culleoka basketball team this season.

After reading today’s Columbia Daily Herald and seeing the picture of the Culleoka/Hampshire game I realize that I have made a mistake. I got # 3 Goldman confused with another Culleoka player. Goldman's name should have never been mentioned by me. Regardless of the mix up this does not make my comments about any Culleoka player acceptable. I am extremely sorry for this.

To the readers on this thread this is my last comment on this issue. I just wanted to clarify this one matter. I will move forward from here.

So Willie, who was the other player since it wasn't Goldman?

MTP won by 5. Cully lead most of the game and by as many as 5 or 7 (cant remember) in the 4th. One ref kept them in the game last night. The fouls were 8 to 1, 4 minutes after halftime with only one ref making a call. COUNTLESS over-the-back calls weren't called. MTP really isn't that good. They can definately be beat. I think the tournament might turn out differently than many think. Anyone could beat anyone on any given night.

I think it is odd that you are complaining about the officials. One of them used to coach at Culleoka. I also think it is odd that you are saying that your own team isn't any good. You stated that MTP isn't good and they beat Culleoka twice this year. So how bad do you think your team is?

I will say that your student section was fun to watch.

I don't think any of those refs have coached at culleoka. You must be mistaken. Also, our student section was fired up and motivating our players. Not a word of support was heard from Mt Pleasant's side. Then the last 3 or 4 minutes some cheering students appeared from somewhere! Sad to be only victory fans and not supporting fans.

I don't think any of those refs have coached at culleoka. You must be mistaken. Also, our student section was fired up and motivating our players. Not a word of support was heard from Mt Pleasant's side. Then the last 3 or 4 minutes some cheering students appeared from somewhere! Sad to be only victory fans and not supporting fans.

Definitely one of the officials coached the girls at Cully a few years back. I believe his last name was Cox. Just ask around. I agree your student section was good. It was homecoming for Cully. MTP didn't have many students there. Could be they couldn't afford to travel and pay to get into three road games in one week. Could be they don't care about basketball. Don't understand the comment about victory fans. The Tigers have only lost 3 games. Of course there wasn't much of a student section from Cully when they played at MTP. So much for support.