Powell @ Anderson Co.

futbolfan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Panthers seem to be in transition. They have some good athletes, but don't seem to have an identity. Covering the pass has been a problem whenever anyone tries to throw it, like Oak Ridge did. I hear the DB's rotate around from position to position rather than staying at one position throughout the game. I don't think that confuses anybody but the players themselves. ;) Not sure why that is happening if indeed that is accurate. I hear AC throws the ball alot, and better than the average team. On the front end that doesn't sound promising for the Panthers based on the recent troubles defending the pass. Probably wise to keep the ball on the ground offensivley, run the clock, and limit the touches that the AC offense has.

I'm not sure what to make of this game. For the Mavs it should be a good bit tougher than the Campbell County and Central games (although we started a little slow in each of these games). Mo East has turned out to be a pretty formidable team, and we arguably should have beaten them. Powell was neck and neck with a down Halls team but pulled out a late victory, lost to a pretty decent Fulton team, and hammered an improving South Doyle squad.

Being biased, I'm going to pick the Mavs, 28-10, given it's a home game for AC, the quick strike ability of our offense, and the comments on Powell's difficulties with the passing game. The biggest worry from AC's standpoint I would think is that Powell goes two platoon, meaning AC will need to sub a lot.

How big is Powell's OL?

Im right there with you on the score 92 Dragon but im going to go ahead and say this.. if Powell can cover AC's recievers they can shut down AC's offense. AC really hasnt played any good teams yet.. their test will be the next few weeks,... but i believe they are on the right track.... can they win their region? No i think its Clintons region to win.

I agree that AC hasn't beaten a good team yet, but they did go toe-to-toe with Morristown East. It remains to be seen just how good Mo East is, because they haven't beaten a good team, other than Anderson County (losses to AE and Cleveland). That said, it looks like AC can score some points, and they appear to have a very good passing attack. Oak Ridge really exploited that last week versus the Panthers.

Powell has to hold onto the football. In their 2 losses this season, fumbles have killed the Panthers. What is strange about these fumbles is that most of them could be solved by simply covering up the football. They almost came back to beat Fulton, but they got stuck in a hole that they couldn't get out of against OR. The Powell offense is all about ball control, which is a great way to slow down AC's high-scoring offense, but it doesn't work when you continue to fumble. If the Panthers can hold onto the football and have some early success on offense, this will be a close game. However, if Powell gets into a situation similar to last week, AC should cruise.

I expect Matt Lowe to have Powell's defense ready for AC's passing attack (they didn't seem ready for OR's passing attack last week). However, I don't believe that this Powell team has solved their fumbling issues. AC wins, 24-14.

I agree that AC hasn't beaten a good team yet, but they did go toe-to-toe with Morristown East. It remains to be seen just how good Mo East is, because they haven't beaten a good team, other than Anderson County (losses to AE and Cleveland). That said, it looks like AC can score some points, and they appear to have a very good passing attack. Oak Ridge really exploited that last week versus the Panthers.

Powell has to hold onto the football. In their 2 losses this season, fumbles have killed the Panthers. What is strange about these fumbles is that most of them could be solved by simply covering up the football. They almost came back to beat Fulton, but they got stuck in a hole that they couldn't get out of against OR. The Powell offense is all about ball control, which is a great way to slow down AC's high-scoring offense, but it doesn't work when you continue to fumble. If the Panthers can hold onto the football and have some early success on offense, this will be a close game. However, if Powell gets into a situation similar to last week, AC should cruise.

I expect Matt Lowe to have Powell's defense ready for AC's passing attack (they didn't seem ready for OR's passing attack last week). However, I don't believe that this Powell team has solved their fumbling issues. AC wins, 24-14.

Sounds like a reasonable analysis. Side note: when did Coach Lowe start coaching defense? Or were you generalizing?

Sounds like a reasonable analysis. Side note: when did Coach Lowe start coaching defense? Or were you generalizing?

I was just generalizing. I have to think that he was pretty upset about the pass defense after last week though. The Powell DBs looked lost the entire game.