Ladies Classic Teams Announced

RebelBasketballFan

Since when has King College been moved up to DII? I thought they were NAIA? Any news on the games this morning? Doesn't look like I'm going to see any more action. Busy day today then off to Atlanta to cheer on the Vols.

Since last year. I believe they had to participate in an "exploratory" year last year playing both Div. II and NAIA schools and were officially granted Div. II status from the NCAA this year. As it was for us (the Kelleys) it will be beneficial to many of our local athletes as NCAA opens up more scholarship funding.

Yeah I looked at their website after I posted this. I was unaware of the move up. I knew they wanted to but hadn't heard officially. When they do officially become a full out NCAA team after their probation period will they be joining the SAC or another conference?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dobyns-Bennett Lady Indians roll past North Greene Lady Huskies 69-53 in losers side. Now begins the winners side for the day. Four of the five county teams already have two losses. Looks like a county tournament in the lower bracket now.

There is a couple of ways you can look at this, The other side is your tournament selection committee did a good job making your Tournament have some very good teams. Its according to what you were wanting. For local schools to see what all of this means is good for them, no question and don't be mistaken, your comment has already been felt. But schools are up and down, Imac disappeared. You have a good venue.

On the foul when the 3 counted- the ref explained that the foul was after the shot on the floor. Shot counted and she got 2 shots as they were in the double bonus. My personal opinion was that SG kinda took them for granted. They didn't look very good and were very small. Sounded like the coach had some fun with it as all starters were announced at all between 5'10" and 6'2" (a couple of them were MAYBE 5-2"!).

I thought Cosby appeared over-rated. I expected more and really Greeneville should have won- just played poorly late. Their (Cosby)guard play looked weak. Maybe they'll get it cranked up after the holiday lay-off but I thought they were avg and well below what I expected from all the hype.

OR can't shoot. Cleveland was way down early and went to a zone and then methodically caught up and pulled away. Heard Mt. Juliet looked strong!

Thanks for the info on the 3 pointer and the foul shots. That makes since. Sycamore was very small. I would have guessed that the smallest #00 was 5' even and the other girl maybe the 5-2" you suggested. The program even had #00 as 6'. Hmm.

Mt. Juliet sounds like the team to beat this year.

MJ is a great team and program. However, they continue to look over their shoulder in District 9 and in their region continue to watch District 10, and the teams in 11 and 12, ie Clarksville.. In your Tournment, Cleveland beat Riverdale who beat MJ. The level of play is very high.

Since when has King College been moved up to DII? I thought they were NAIA? Any news on the games this morning? Doesn't look like I'm going to see any more action. Busy day today then off to Atlanta to cheer on the Vols.

Since last year. I believe they had to participate in an "exploratory" year last year playing both Div. II and NAIA schools and were officially granted Div. II status from the NCAA this year. As it was for us (the Kelleys) it will be beneficial to many of our local athletes as NCAA opens up more scholarship funding.

Yeah I looked at their website after I posted this. I was unaware of the move up. I knew they wanted to but hadn't heard officially. When they do officially become a full out NCAA team after their probation period will they be joining the SAC or another conference?

I'm not quite sure of all the specifics but I know they have to petition the teams in the conference they want to join and and have to be accepted by the member teams but from what I hear they want to be in the SAC with TC, CN, etc...

South Greene beat Wilson Central in the nightcap by about 20.

So, now the semi's are set with South Greene vs. Cocke County and Cosby, VA vs. Mt. Juliet.

I think it will take a pretty big upset for Mt. Juliet not to win this. That's not a dis to the other 3 teams, it's just I think Mt. Juliet is really that good.

Can someone from Livingston give me an insight to what the signifigance of HOGEYE is? I noticed it was on the girls' shorts too and your mascot is Wildcats. Is it like MOJO for the Perriman Panthers? I'm just intrigued.

http://www.josephinesjournal.com/hogeye.htm

Read this article and for a treat listen to the HOG-EYE song! Its been around for a long long time!

Heres another.... http://www.livingstonwildcats.com/about.html

South Greene beat Wilson Central in the nightcap by about 20.

So, now the semi's are set with South Greene vs. Cocke County and Cosby, VA vs. Mt. Juliet.

I think it will take a pretty big upset for Mt. Juliet not to win this. That's not a dis to the other 3 teams, it's just I think Mt. Juliet is really that good.

South Greene looked much better last night, though they have the potential to do so much more. If all the girls have their game on tonight they will have an opportunity to take Cocke County. Cocke County beat SG earlier this year in the second overtime by a point. Should be an exciting game, which I don't know if I'm up for...lol. I only heard the Cosby/Greeneville game on the radio, but was not impressed with them. Yesterday, however, they looked like a top team...very impressive, they ran over Cleveland.

On the foul when the 3 counted- the ref explained that the foul was after the shot on the floor. Shot counted and she got 2 shots as they were in the double bonus. My personal opinion was that SG kinda took them for granted. They didn't look very good and were very small. Sounded like the coach had some fun with it as all starters were announced at all between 5'10" and 6'2" (a couple of them were MAYBE 5-2"!).

I thought Cosby appeared over-rated. I expected more and really Greeneville should have won- just played poorly late. Their (Cosby)guard play looked weak. Maybe they'll get it cranked up after the holiday lay-off but I thought they were avg and well below what I expected from all the hype.

OR can't shoot. Cleveland was way down early and went to a zone and then methodically caught up and pulled away. Heard Mt. Juliet looked strong!

Thanks for the info on the 3 pointer and the foul shots. That makes since. Sycamore was very small. I would have guessed that the smallest #00 was 5' even and the other girl maybe the 5-2" you suggested. The program even had #00 as 6'. Hmm.

Mt. Juliet sounds like the team to beat this year.

MJ is a great team and program. However, they continue to look over their shoulder in District 9 and in their region continue to watch District 10, and the teams in 11 and 12, ie Clarksville.. In your Tournment, Cleveland beat Riverdale who beat MJ. The level of play is very high.

Be careful with the " We beat them and they beat those" philosophy. Sometimes its more about the styles of play clashing. Riverdale beat MJ after trailing by 20 in that game. Don't assume Cleveland automatically beats MJ just because they knocked off Riverdale. All 3 teams are very good and can beat each other.

So if I use your theory, I guess since Cosby VA. crushed Cleveland last night, MJ shouldn't even show up today because Cleveland beat Riverdale 3 weeks ago and Riverdale beat MJ 2 weeks ago. WHATEVER

MJ is not looking over their shoulder in district 9 this year since the realignment. They will cruise into the regions where they will meet up with Clarksville in the championship of region 5 with both teams making a sectional game. Of course this is all in a perfect world of no injuries or other road blocks.

I'm glad I'm not at the Chuckey-Doak/West Greene game...it sounds like a mess. Marty Ricker (the radio announcer, in case you're from out of town) said he had "planned on doing a story on increased traveling through the Holidays". He was insinuating that he was getting his story by calling this game. The turnovers have tripled the score, which I think is 5-5 in the second quarter.