Ladies Classic Teams Announced

RebelBasketballFan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cosby is goin to win this. They must be a heck of a team to have beaten my girls so badly. Heck they had us by 20 in the 1st half and their best player didn't even play most of the half.

That would be the same Cosby team that only beat Greeneville by 3, right?

could have just had a bad game. Every game is different. Beatin us by 30, I'd say they are a good team.

I'm glad I'm not at the Chuckey-Doak/West Greene game...it sounds like a mess. Marty Ricker (the radio announcer, in case you're from out of town) said he had "planned on doing a story on increased traveling through the Holidays". He was insinuating that he was getting his story by calling this game. The turnovers have tripled the score, which I think is 5-5 in the second quarter.

I don't know about that game, but I saw a dozen or so games. The refs were horrible. They would be out of position and still make a call because they thought it may have happened. And the walks.. geez. Ever game I would see 2 or 3 walks called that were in no way a walk. Several of the refs were unwilling to give explainations to coaches for calls. I feel sorry for the districts that have to use those refs. Half of them were out of shape and if it became a transition game they would slow it down with a bogus call. I do not think it was called in favor of anyone (but the refs). I even heard from one of the locals that Greeneville's Boys coach (Duncan?) will not even use their association for home games.. wow if that is true.

Its true most of these officials couldn't call their momma with a phone. They are overweight and ALWAYS out of position b/c of that-Great games at the classic and its a shame the officials were so bad-cudos to the coaches and fans for keeping their cool. MT Juliet is for real and the team to beat for the State title-they have bkb knowledge shooters and a beast in the middle

I'm glad I'm not at the Chuckey-Doak/West Greene game...it sounds like a mess. Marty Ricker (the radio announcer, in case you're from out of town) said he had "planned on doing a story on increased traveling through the Holidays". He was insinuating that he was getting his story by calling this game. The turnovers have tripled the score, which I think is 5-5 in the second quarter.

I don't know about that game, but I saw a dozen or so games. The refs were horrible. They would be out of position and still make a call because they thought it may have happened. And the walks.. geez. Ever game I would see 2 or 3 walks called that were in no way a walk. Several of the refs were unwilling to give explainations to coaches for calls. I feel sorry for the districts that have to use those refs. Half of them were out of shape and if it became a transition game they would slow it down with a bogus call. I do not think it was called in favor of anyone (but the refs). I even heard from one of the locals that Greeneville's Boys coach (Duncan?) will not even use their association for home games.. wow if that is true.

Let me guess...your team didn't fare so well did they?!?...you sound bitter my friend...

For the most part the tournament was officiated pretty well. I agree that there were several officials who were over weight and who couldnt get into position and that there were calls in every game that I didnt agree with, but nobody agrees with every call in any game!!!! As a whole, the games were called as evenly and fairly as could be asked for...

To adress the comment made about Duncan...that is not true at all. I know for a fact that Coach Duncan DOES indeed use the association who called the tournament and that while I am sure there are several referees in the association he does not like, he for the most part gets veteran crews for his home games and although he may question a call or two during the game is satisfied with the officiating he recieves...

Guru..

I didn't even have any ties to a team in the tournament, just a fan of Girls' Hoops. I have always heard that The GreenBank Classic was a showcase of talent. It is a great combination of teams. I was very impressed with Mt Juliet and became a fan of how well coached most of the teams were. I even enjoyed how the whole community embraced the tournament. I will return next year and I'm sure the refs will be there again. I just was extremely disappointed in the officials. I realize some calls are missed just like shots, but it was just bad. I even said I don't think it was in favor of any team... just bad all around. I just didn't think it was equal to the billing of the tournament. Don't be a hater.. unless you were one of the refs that was as wide as you are tall.. :thumb:

Guru..

I didn't even have any ties to a team in the tournament, just a fan of Girls' Hoops. I have always heard that The GreenBank Classic was a showcase of talent. It is a great combination of teams. I was very impressed with Mt Juliet and became a fan of how well coached most of the teams were. I even enjoyed how the whole community embraced the tournament. I will return next year and I'm sure the refs will be there again. I just was extremely disappointed in the officials. I realize some calls are missed just like shots, but it was just bad. I even said I don't think it was in favor of any team... just bad all around. I just didn't think it was equal to the billing of the tournament. Don't be a hater.. unless you were one of the refs that was as wide as you are tall.. :thumb:

The tournament was called more collegiate style than I've seen it in past years, at least on the opening day and in the winners bracket games. Very few teams made it to the double bonus and very few players fouled out (at least not counting when teams were in desperation and going after extending-the-game fouls).

Overall, the tournament was officiated well.