Farragut @ Riverdale

warhawks

This game was another example of the fact that East Tennessee is over-rated. Every year some team (like Farragut, Sullivan South, and whoever else ya'll have up there) comes down to Middle TN and understands why you would never make it down in this world. There is a reason that we never see a West or East TN team playing in state, and it because the road goes through Williamson & Rutherford County. That is why state will always be comprised of Brentwood, Franklin, Oakland, Smryna, Riverdale, and Independence.

Ya cause Lord knows Maryville, Alcoa, Fulton, and Catholic have won state recently. What are you thinking?!?!

What a stupid statement by huskergymnast33! Some of the best games/closest games have been between the teams from Rutherford and the east TN rep (Oolteawah, Bearden, OR) instead of the game against the west rep.

I am a middle TN native. However, I have lived in East TN for 8 years. Since moving back to Middle TN over the last 4 years, I would rate the football I saw played at the higest level in East TN better than Middle over all.

However none of the teams could get past the Rutherford Co Teams. So I would say in TN's Highest football diviision the Rutherford Co teams are tops but the teams around Knox Co rule the rest.

Of course D-II teams say they are the best according to records against top D-1. Then again little Alcoa spanked McCallie when they were one of the top teams in D-1. :thumb:

So a general Statement like huskergymnast33 is crazy.

Example: 2007 Playoffs

Fri Nov. 30 #3 Bearden Class 5A Semis W 17-14

Sat Dec. 8 #11 Independence TSSAA 5A State Finals 7PM at MT Floyd Stadium W 46-20

Which game was the a real game. Looks like Indy wasn't even a game. Bearden gave the 2 X Champs a game.

Fri Nov. 24 Ooltewah 5A Semifinals W 28-25

Sat Dec. 2 Ravenwood N 5A State Finals 7PM at MT Floyd Stadium W 35-14

See a trend!

2005 Oakridge in the Championship game

Fri Nov. 25 Riverdale W 17-0

Sat Dec. 3 Ravenwood N 5A Cship 7PM L 7-14

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can call it whatever you want to call it. But 3 points or 30 points is still a loss. Would somebody please tell me the last time east Tn was represented in the state final game. I'm talking 6A, I do not know anything about the smaller divisions. And until a east TN breaks the barrier that is Rutherford County, I am going to call that end of the state over-rated. Maybe Maryville or Ooltewah will be your shining stars, but we will see how the square up against Blackman/ Riverdale/ and Oakland when Thanksgiving rolls around... Go ahead and beat a Middle TN team when it counts...

You can call it whatever you want to call it. But 3 points or 30 points is still a loss. Would somebody please tell me the last time east Tn was represented in the state final game. I'm talking 6A, I do not know anything about the smaller divisions. And until a east TN breaks the barrier that is Rutherford County, I am going to call that end of the state over-rated. Maybe Maryville or Ooltewah will be your shining stars, but we will see how the square up against Blackman/ Riverdale/ and Oakland when Thanksgiving rolls around... Go ahead and beat a Middle TN team when it counts...

Do U know TN football? This is the 1st year for 6A :thumb:

2004 Riverdale Champions

Fri Nov. 26 Oak Ridge W 42-28

Sat Dec. 4 Franklin N Class 5A CShip W 35-7

Each time the game against the East TN Reps was the real game for the Championship. The boys from the other side was not a contest. The brackets are the only thing that got the Franklins, Indy and other teams to the Championship game.

Would somebody please tell me the last time east Tn was represented in the state final game. team when it counts...

It does matter if you get beat by 3 or 30. Did you ever play?

2005 Oak Ridge lost to Ravenwood in a close game.

These teams won the Highest Division in TN 5A prior to this year.

2003 Germantown won state

2000 Red Bank Class 5A (15-0) 27-7

1999 Sevier County Class 5A

INHO-The bracket system is the only reason Williamson County teams have had the chance to make to the Championship game over the last 6 years.

Years ago TSSAA had the same problem in soccer. The 2 best teams were in the same region and only one had the chance to go to state. Bearden/Farragut When they changed the rules both teams had the chance to make to state and win. Prior to that Farragut would loose a close one and Bearden would go on to win state and most years domonate. Yes Williamson Co had great teams also.

IMHO-The playoffs in football should have been on a draw when it came down to the semi's or flip flopped every other year.

Would somebody please tell me the last time east Tn was represented in the state final game. I'm talking 6A, I do not know anything about the smaller divisions. And until a east TN breaks the barrier that is Rutherford County, I am going to call that end of the state over-rated...

To answer your question - NEVER. A team from East TN has never won a 6A State Championship and the EAST has never been represented in the state final game.

When is the last time a team from Rutherford County won a 6A State Championship? NEVER. This is 6A's first year.

Would somebody please tell me the last time east Tn was represented in the state final game. I'm talking 6A, I do not know anything about the smaller divisions. And until a east TN breaks the barrier that is Rutherford County, I am going to call that end of the state over-rated...

To answer your question - NEVER. A team from East TN has never won a 6A State Championship and the EAST has never been represented in the state final game.

When is the last time a team from Rutherford County won a 6A State Championship? NEVER. This is 6A's first year.

Thank U. U R a Winner! :thumb:

If you want to go off and pixelate me on a tiny-technicality, because I am trying to stay current. I'll rephrase it for you... "I only know 5A (AKA largest class) football".

All I am hearing, is a bunch of excuses why ya'll can't make it to state. The fact of the matter is, Farragut played Riverdale (in a good honest match-up) and lost. Middle TN stood strong once again. When ya'll finally win those types of games (and I do mean WIN, not make it close, nobody plays to make it close) then you can come talk to us down here.

If you want to go off and pixelate me on a tiny-technicality, because I am trying to stay current. I'll rephrase it for you... "I only know 5A (AKA largest class) football".

All I am hearing, is a bunch of excuses why ya'll can't make it to state. The fact of the matter is, Farragut played Riverdale (in a good honest match-up) and lost. Middle TN stood strong once again. When ya'll finally win those types of games (and I do mean WIN, not make it close, nobody plays to make it close) then you can come talk to us down here.

you are dumb. I am not hearing any excuses as to why East Tennessee doesn't make it to championship games in the highest classification in football. I am hearing about close games between teams from East Tennessee and Middle Tennessee.... and how those games mean that East TN can't compete makes no sense. They can compete and Farragut showed that. Yes, they lost, we all agree on that, but losing by 3 because of a last minute fg is competing... It does matter whether you lose by 3 or 30. Had they lost by 30, no one would be arguing with you about the fact that East Tennessee can't compete. But it was obvious last Friday that they can.

I showed you the facts. That the east TN teams have been in the hunt for the gold ball and that their Semi finals game agaisnt the Rutherford Co teams was ususally the close game and better game prior to state championship game.

If thats not enough I showed you where 33% of the state champs ver the last 19 years came from E TN area. Counting Germantown it's 40% of the time Middle did not win 5A.

What don't U get?

The Brentwood/Franklin area teams have showed the are tops also but give the Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, Beardens, Farragut, Sevier Co, and other top teams ovewr the last 10 years their due. However I do think the future power will be Maryville, Ooltewah etc. Farragut will be on the decline IMHO over the next 5 years, To many great private schools, rezoning and new public schools sucking their talent base away

BTW-This weeks AP Top 10 have half the top teams are E.TN .

Class 6A

School__Record__Pts__Prv_

1. Ooltewah (18) __5-0_____205__2___

2. Bearden __5-0_____149__3___

3. Blackman (1) __6-0_____140__5___

4. Riverdale (1) __5-1_____138__9___

5. Maryville (1) __4-1_____136__4___

6. Farragut __4-1_____104__1___

7. Oakland __4-2_____82___6___

8. Brentwood __5-1_____46___8___

9. Sevier County __5-0_____41___10__

10. Whitehaven __4-1_____40___7___

I hate to tell you but the best team may be little Alcoa ask #5 Maryville! :hungry:

East Tenn teams are always competitive and play the middle very tough. Oakridge has always played Riverdale tough and any game that I can recall with the exception of Oakland last year the games are always close. Very competitive football so I would have to agree with you rigger101. There is no doubt about it! :hungry: