Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

OK Cap, gotta call you out on this. As great a high school QB as superman was, the lion's share of the credit for South's return to football prominence lies with Coach Stacy Carter. Curt only beat you 2 of the last 4 so who was superman then? That 1st year in the Carter tenure ,he inherited very little to work with losing 52-7 in week 7. 5 weeks later we had you on the ropes entering the 4th before a muffed punt inside our 20 gave you a short field TD and turned into a 31-17 Viking victory. That was a

team that had gone to Morristown and upset the Canes week1 of playoffs to return to Bristol and trim 31 points off of an earlier defeat.Now that's coaching. In summary, Carter is 4-2 vs Stubbs with the 2 losses being in their 1st meetings when South had 31 players on a roster. Curt was 2-0 against the Vikings. If you don't think there is some coaching going on down here ,wait until you see what surprises he has for your Vikes this year!!

And one more thing Cap, you guys are making a big mistake not playing Shamus. We could use him at cornerback. I believe Coach Weston could coach him up. :o

I keep hearing all of this about how in 04’ you lost to the Vikings 52-7 (which is a total embarrassment to start off with), and then came back to “give the Vikings all they wanted”. The first words that come to my mind is…. B--- S---!!! Tell me this… if you were THS, how do you get up again for a team that you DRAGGED all game long for 52 (FIFTY TWO) points and held to just one TD despite playing EVERY BODY on your bench. You simple caught the Vikings sleeping in the playoff game. Reading more into it is simply wishful thinking. And to Stacey bringing all of this succes to the Sullivan South program I’ll give him this… he was one of the first to bring an EFFECTIVE spread offence to this area (the first being the East coach in 04’), and he brought change and excitement to the South program. But make no mistake the mull (figure of speech) he road in on has the initials CP! CP got injured in 05’ but that was still his team. So that would make it three years… the first year he kindled the fire, the second year he led the charge, and the third he put them on his shoulders and ran. Last year … you had a very good, well rounded football team no dispute. This year would be the year for the COACH to shine and …. well…. I was at the DB game and I’ll leave it at that.

Speaking of "shiot", I remember the '04 playoff game well. I remember the Viking faithful were almost as confident as the South fans have been the last few years. I remember talking it up with them and GUARANTEEING that we'd give them a game the second time. They didn't want to believe it. I tried to get one of them to give me the Rebs and 40 points. I "settled" for 20. :o Remember TShelley? :shock: Then I remember another guarantee. They didn't want to hear that Maryville would kill them. :twisted:

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of "shiot", I remember the '04 playoff game well. I remember the Viking faithful were almost as confident as the South fans have been the last few years. I remember talking it up with them and GUARANTEEING that we'd give them a game the second time. They didn't want to believe it. I tried to get one of them to give me the Rebs and 40 points. I "settled" for 20. :twisted: Remember TShelley? :o Then I remember another guarantee. They didn't want to hear that Maryville would kill them. :shock:

Look… I’m not sure what kind of credit you guys are trying to get out of this discussion, but 31-17 is every bit as much of a Donkey butt whippin as 52-7! Well… maybe not. :o And you guys got chewed up and spit out by Maryville too... so what's your point? A L is a L whether it's 5 points or 50 points. And yours would have been worse had you not have the best player on the field on your team loading his team on his shoulders again. I listened to it on the radio Volman... so you get no cool points for getting spanked. B)

Speaking of "shiot", I remember the '04 playoff game well. I remember the Viking faithful were almost as confident as the South fans have been the last few years. I remember talking it up with them and GUARANTEEING that we'd give them a game the second time. They didn't want to believe it. I tried to get one of them to give me the Rebs and 40 points. I "settled" for 20. :thumb: Remember TShelley? :lol: Then I remember another guarantee. They didn't want to hear that Maryville would kill them. :thumb:

Look… I’m not sure what kind of credit you guys are trying to get out of this discussion, but 31-17 is every bit as much of a Donkey butt whippin as 52-7! Well… maybe not. :lol: And you guys got chewed up and spit out by Maryville too... so what's your point? A L is a L whether it's 5 points or 50 points. And yours would have been worse had you not have the best player on the field on your team loading his team on his shoulders again. I listened to it on the radio Volman... so you get no cool points for getting spanked. B)

Here's the point Cap . There's a new sheriff in town you may know him as Stacy Carter the coach who brought the spread offense to Ralph Nelson's 9-1 Sullivan East team. Have you checked their records since he went to South? Coincidental? Not. We've beaten you under Carter for the last 4 years and only 2 of those were with CP. With Jake Logue and Aaron St. Clair we would beat you again this year. But we'll never know unfortunately. I would still not give up on this year's game however. You guys are loaded with the best talent I've seen at Viking High since 04 and yes I've seen you play this year. If you don't get us this year you might as well find a fall Friday night bowling league or poker party cause the well is about to run dry over there. I've seen em and it's slim pickins.

You can only speak of your history if you have one.. hint, hint. And excuse me if I don’t break out in tears for poor little Sullivan South … even though I could hear the violins in the background as I read your post. By the way you should re-up your sources… if I’m not mistaken South and Central now have more students than THS.

And to be honest with you… if it rains TONIGHT… I’m takin it to the house. I have no dog in the race now. As an alumni I still have pride in my school don’t get me wrong, but if they were loosing EVERY game… they wouldn’t see me. I don’t kown any other way then to tell it like it tis. B) Of course since THS is the team that I support, HISTORY dictates that I will be there each and every season for a while.

:thumb:

At least you were honest and proved my point that you're alot of talk and not alot of walk if you wouldn't be there to support your team if you weren't winning or it was raining. When it rains is the best time to watch a football game other than snow. I just think you're afraid DB might win so that gives you an excuse not to go. Also, it's hard to have alot of history when you've only been around for 28 years. Just like DB, you all should have won a lot more titles than you actually have. At least you aren't the king of #1 rankings and one and dones though. :lol:

No… what it proves is that I’m an honest man, and you’re full of Shiot. :lol: I’ll pull for TN High all day and all night long against ANYBODY, but lets not get it twisted. For five straight years I sat up in those stands through the cold and sometimes rain, and never missed a game for my BOYS …..period!!! NO SHAME IN MY GAME RebYell.

There is only one person on the face of this Earth that truly possesses the loyalty to their team that you are (in a laughable effort) trying to lead us to believe you have… and that is Shamus. If the Vikings are playing ANYTHING he will be there!!!

LOL. I know who Shamus is. I would hope you were there for your sons' games. It's no wonder you get so bent out of shape talking about South. The one period of time we took you to the shed and you had to watch it all. That must have hurt. So did you pay up to Volman or did he have to beat it out of you because we all know you're certainly full of it. :thumb:

Speaking of "shiot", I remember the '04 playoff game well. I remember the Viking faithful were almost as confident as the South fans have been the last few years. I remember talking it up with them and GUARANTEEING that we'd give them a game the second time. They didn't want to believe it. I tried to get one of them to give me the Rebs and 40 points. I "settled" for 20. :thumb: Remember TShelley? :lol: Then I remember another guarantee. They didn't want to hear that Maryville would kill them. :thumb:

Look… I’m not sure what kind of credit you guys are trying to get out of this discussion, but 31-17 is every bit as much of a Donkey butt whippin as 52-7! Well… maybe not. :lol: And you guys got chewed up and spit out by Maryville too... so what's your point? A L is a L whether it's 5 points or 50 points. And yours would have been worse had you not have the best player on the field on your team loading his team on his shoulders again. I listened to it on the radio Volman... so you get no cool points for getting spanked. B)

Here's the point Cap . There's a new sheriff in town you may know him as Stacy Carter the coach who brought the spread offense to Ralph Nelson's 9-1 Sullivan East team. Have you checked their records since he went to South? Coincidental? Not. We've beaten you under Carter for the last 4 years and only 2 of those were with CP. With Jake Logue and Aaron St. Clair we would beat you again this year. But we'll never know unfortunately. I would still not give up on this year's game however. You guys are loaded with the best talent I've seen at Viking High since 04 and yes I've seen you play this year. If you don't get us this year you might as well find a fall Friday night bowling league or poker party cause the cupboard is about to run dry over there. I've seen em and it's slim pickens.

One of the reasons East hasn't had a record like that since 2004 is because they haven't had the talent. They haven't had guys like Matt Eads, Michael Nidiffer, the Smith brothers, and the Banner twins. They also had another really good receiver but he was injured for the season. I think they went 7-3 in 2007, but that team wasn't as good as their 2004 squad.

One of the reasons East hasn't had a record like that since 2004 is because they haven't had the talent. They haven't had guys like Matt Eads, Michael Nidiffer, the Smith brothers, and the Banner twins. They also had another really good receiver but he was injured for the season. I think they went 7-3 in 2007, but that team wasn't as good as their 2004 squad.

It's East. They probably will never have another team like that. They got the classic :thumb: look playing you all that year that South does against DB. It was over before kickoff.

It's East. They probably will never have another team like that. They got the classic :thumb: look playing you all that year that South does against DB. It was over before kickoff.

I noticed that. Prior to the DB-South game I was wondering if something similar would happen. I don't know if it's due to the larger than average crowd, the rivalry, the fact that it's a district game, or all of the above. When 7,000 to 10,000 fans come out to see these big games the games end up being blowouts.

All of the circumstances surrounding the '04 game were just perfect to draw that big crowd. Week 10 two teams that were 9-0 would face off for the conference championship. East fans were hoping they were good enough to beat TN High that year.

It's a strange feeling when in a packed Stone Castle a couple of Viking players come out for warm ups and they're booed out of the Castle. :thumb: It certainly didn't feel like they had a homefield advantage that night.

VMScott--- You know you have to continue to post! We love you! If you have to change screen names, I recommend FSUScott...

FSU is going to finish with Duke at the bottom of the ACC... Bubble Gum Bobby has no clue what is going on in a Football game.. just chews that piece of trident and wears his jacket to hide his fat belly!!

This was REALLY uncalled for! I hope that you will MAN UP and DELETE this post! I could introduce you to Bobby's dad if you would like. I'm sure he does NOT appriciate this comment either! Be childish amoung the adults, but no need to say bad things about ANY of the kids! How would you feel if somebody was saying things like this about your boys??

I think you misread that. He's talking about Bobby Bowden.

VMScott--- You know you have to continue to post! We love you! If you have to change screen names, I recommend FSUScott...

FSU is going to finish with Duke at the bottom of the ACC... Bubble Gum Bobby has no clue what is going on in a Football game.. just chews that piece of trident and wears his jacket to hide his fat belly!!

This was REALLY uncalled for! I hope that you will MAN UP and DELETE this post! I could introduce you to Bobby's dad if you would like. I'm sure he does NOT appriciate this comment either! Be childish amoung the adults, but no need to say bad things about ANY of the kids! How would you feel if somebody was saying things like this about your boys??

I don't think it's the Bobby at South he was talking about.Besides,you couldn't fill a two ounce cup with the fat off of BT.

Looks as if it could be a wet one tonight, to which it doesn't give one team an advantage over the other. I do know that this is the 3rd time in 4 years that DB has been at the castle, wonder how that came about???? THS has always been and will always be a force to recon with! Make no mistake, if you do not play good ball against them then you will be on the low scoring outcome side. DB has won the last 5 in a row knowing this simple rule and no doubt will bring their "A" game tonight! The dominance continues.

PS: Boone is nowhere near as good as they think they are!

DB 27

THS 13

ROLL TRIBE!

Looks as if it could be a wet one tonight, to which it doesn't give one team an advantage over the other. I do know that this is the 3rd time in 4 years that DB has been at the castle, wonder how that came about???? THS has always been and will always be a force to recon with! Make no mistake, if you do not play good ball against them then you will be on the low scoring outcome side. DB has won the last 5 in a row knowing this simple rule and no doubt will bring their "A" game tonight! The dominance continues.

PS: Boone is nowhere near as good as they think they are!

DB 27

THS 13

ROLL TRIBE!

I'd take a one point win in a down pour right now!! One of the best games DB has played in the last few years was a Campbell county in a cold rain last year.I'll never forget the crazy old woman that walked in front of me and Adams after the game and said{GOOD GAME CAMPBELL county!!},we looked at each other in disbelief,I said it was granny Clampett on the jug.