IMAC Mid-Season Report

Red81KPsmash

With the exception of a couple of teams, week 5 is an off week for most teams in the IMAC. With 5 games under their belts, here are my thoughts on the IMAC.

1. Sevier Co. (5-0) - The bears have looked very sharpe in the opening half with wins over Jefferson Co. and Cocke Co. in the conference. They have beaten Halls, William Blount, and DB. Opponents combined record(4-19) is a concern as to how good they really are this year.

2. Morristown East (3-2) - Probably the most talented team in the league, they have beaten South-Doyle and Cherokee, as well as Anderson Co. Lost a close game to Austin East and a shoot-out with Cleveland. Tee Howell is by far the best player in the IMAC this year. Opponents combined record is 8-14.

3. Morristown West (4-1) - From what I can tell, this team is power oriented. They have beaten South-Doyle and Cherokee in the conference along with Science Hill and Knox Central. Their only defeat was a close one in the opener against Fulton. Opponents combined record is 7-17.

4. Jefferson County (1-4) - while they have not lived up to expectations, the Patriots have played the conference's toughest schedule. They may have righted the ship against Seymour. Look for a run in the second half. They have lost to Greenville, Bearden, Sevier Co. and William Blount. opponents combined record is 16-8.

5. Seymour (2-3) - I was really impressed with their defense against Jeff. Co. the other night. They may cause some problems down the stretch. They have beaten Cocke Co. and Heritage, while losing to Jeff. Co. , CAK, and Daniel Boone. Opponents combined record is 12-11.

6. Cherokee (1-4) - Not much is known about the Chiefs. They lost to Johnson Co. and Mo. East in close ones and been beaten badly by Daniel Boone and Mo. West. Their only win came against winless Volunteer. Opponents record is 13-11.

7. South-Doyle (0-4) - Welcomed to the IMAC by the schools from Mo'town, South-Doyle has yet to crack the win column. They have lost to Heritage and Powell, as well as East and West. Opponents combined record is 12-8.

8. Cocke Co. (0-4) - They have lost 22 straight games and will not win one this year either. What in the world has happened in Newport? Losses to South Greene, Davy Crockett, Sevier Co., and Seymour. Opponents combined record is 11-9.

I predict the season will end with the teams in this same order, unless my Pats get hot. Then, who knows. :popcorneater:

I predict that Morristown West will win the conference, with Sevier County finishing second, Morristown East third and Jefferson County fourth (which was my prediction at the beginning of the season).

Also, as hard as it is to imagine, I see a Cocke County victory this Friday at Union County. The score may be 3-2, but a win is a win.

I predict that Morristown West will win the conference, with Sevier County finishing second, Morristown East third and Jefferson County fourth (which was my prediction at the beginning of the season).

Also, as hard as it is to imagine, I see a Cocke County victory this Friday at Union County. The score may be 3-2, but a win is a win.

I predict Sevier County win conference and Jefferson win out to Finish Second, West third, than East

I would like to agree, but until you can stop the run, your not going to beat anyone. Union Co. has 1 win... CCHS has not won in nearly 3 years... it's different when you do not want to be the team that gives up a W for a winless team. Besides, until you can NOT let anyone rush for over 300 yards per game, it's going to be tough to win.

Good luck CCHS, but the game is on the road...

Union Co - 18

CCHS- 13

With the exception of a couple of teams, week 5 is an off week for most teams in the IMAC. With 5 games under their belts, here are my thoughts on the IMAC.

1. Sevier Co. (5-0) - The bears have looked very sharpe in the opening half with wins over Jefferson Co. and Cocke Co. in the conference. They have beaten Halls, William Blount, and DB. Opponents combined record(4-19) is a concern as to how good they really are this year.

2. Morristown East (3-2) - Probably the most talented team in the league, they have beaten South-Doyle and Cherokee, as well as Anderson Co. Lost a close game to Austin East and a shoot-out with Cleveland. Tee Howell is by far the best player in the IMAC this year. Opponents combined record is 8-14.

3. Morristown West (4-1) - From what I can tell, this team is power oriented. They have beaten South-Doyle and Cherokee in the conference along with Science Hill and Knox Central. Their only defeat was a close one in the opener against Fulton. Opponents combined record is 7-17.

4. Jefferson County (1-4) - while they have not lived up to expectations, the Patriots have played the conference's toughest schedule. They may have righted the ship against Seymour. Look for a run in the second half. They have lost to Greenville, Bearden, Sevier Co. and William Blount. opponents combined record is 16-8.

5. Seymour (2-3) - I was really impressed with their defense against Jeff. Co. the other night. They may cause some problems down the stretch. They have beaten Cocke Co. and Heritage, while losing to Jeff. Co. , CAK, and Daniel Boone. Opponents combined record is 12-11.

6. Cherokee (1-4) - Not much is known about the Chiefs. They lost to Johnson Co. and Mo. East in close ones and been beaten badly by Daniel Boone and Mo. West. Their only win came against winless Volunteer. Opponents record is 13-11.

7. South-Doyle (0-4) - Welcomed to the IMAC by the schools from Mo'town, South-Doyle has yet to crack the win column. They have lost to Heritage and Powell, as well as East and West. Opponents combined record is 12-8.

8. Cocke Co. (0-4) - They have lost 22 straight games and will not win one this year either. What in the world has happened in Newport? Losses to South Greene, Davy Crockett, Sevier Co., and Seymour. Opponents combined record is 11-9.

I predict the season will end with the teams in this same order, unless my Pats get hot. Then, who knows. :thumb:

We will know more about the top teams next week. Sevier Co. vs Seymour & Morristown West vs

Morristown East, I think East's plays Seymour following week. West will be at Sevier Co.

I think a better Mid-Season report will be made. :thumb:

I predict the season will end with the teams in this same order, unless my Pats get hot. Then, who knows. :thumb:

We will know more about the top teams next week. Sevier Co. vs Seymour & Morristown West vs

Morristown East, I think East's plays Seymour following week. West will be at Sevier Co.

I think a better Mid-Season report will be made. :lol:

Well now then smarty pants, it would not have been a mid-season report then. It would be a week 7 report. :thumb:

I predict the season will end with the teams in this same order, unless my Pats get hot. Then, who knows. :lol:

I think a better Mid-Season report will be made. :|

Well now then smarty pants, it would not have been a mid-season report then. It would be a week 7 report. :thumb:

Man the IMAC thread is a real snoozer without us Greeneville fans :thumb:

I am wondering when the predictions will live up to Jefferson County !!

Never let it be said that I cannot admit when I am wrong. Congratulations to Cocke County on their win Friday night 34-0 over Union County. Is it a fleeting moment or a sign of things to come for those in Newport.

An interesting week this week with three old rivalry games: Sevier Co. and Seymour on Thursday night TV, Jefferson Co. and Cocke Co., and Mo East vs West. Should be a good night of football in the IMAC!