Creek Wood Redhawks 2009-2010

Runninwild101

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creek Wood went through some major growing pains last year and this year they are getting rewarded for staying with it. They have some very good experience on both sides of the ball and their players are well coached and doing the little things that it takes to win. They already have 2 very nice wins this season over Greenbrier & Fairview. The game against Camden will be what decides the District 11-AA regular season title. I like Creek Wood's chances of making some noise and winning a couple of games when the Class 4A playoffs begin in November. Hooper, Smith, Odom, Bell, Adkisson, etc. are all doing very good things for coach Daniel's squad this season.

Creekwood is good in the district, which is pretty weak outside of Camden and Creekwood. They should make it to the playoffs every year that the district setup is like this. It's a 2-4A and 5-3A setup.

I'm going to reserve judgement on how their post season will fare until I see the draw. The downside to getting an almost automatic bid to the playoffs every year is that the Redhawks competition isn't getting them ready for the type of 4A teams they'll see in the post season. At least that's the case this year. Let's see how they do against Camden, who remind me of one of the better Lewis County teams over the past 5 years.

I'm pulling for them in 4A though. I hope they do well.

Creek Wood is very strong this year and i don't see them losing another game in the regular season. Camden could provide good competition but i saw their game last week against Huntingdon in which Huntingdon physically pushed Camden's defense around. Creek Wood is bigger than Huntingdon and their offense is a lot harder to read than Huntingdon's. Creek Wood will win that game by what some people might call a suprising margin. I'm not saying Creek Wood will win big just bigger than most people might expect. They have the potential to surprise some people. I believe they are good enough to compete with the likes of Whites Creek and Maplewood. :roflolk:

Creek Wood is very strong this year and i don't see them losing another game in the regular season. Camden could provide good competition but i saw their game last week against Huntingdon in which Huntingdon physically pushed Camden's defense around. Creek Wood is bigger than Huntingdon and their offense is a lot harder to read than Huntingdon's. Creek Wood will win that game by what some people might call a suprising margin. They have the potential to surprise some people. I believe they are good enough to compete with the likes of Whites Creek and Maplewood. :thumb:

What are you smoking? I also was at that game and from my side of the field, Huntingdon did not physically push Camden's defense around. If they had, Huntingdon would not have been limited to 52 carries for 207 yards (3.98 yards a carry). Kennon Holder had half the carries and 115 yards. Thompson ran for 55 yards on 20 carries.

I believe they are good enough to compete with the likes of Whites Creek and Maplewood. :lol:

HAHAHA!?!? :?

Naw player...naw they aint neither...

I suppose you think Page is then????? :thumb::roll:

Creek Wood is not much different than the likes of Page, Giles, & Spring Hill.

you are crazy all three of those D12 teams would stomp a hole and walk it dry

Man if Huntinfdon pushed Camden's D around what happened cause the score surely didn't reflect that.

Camden 28

Huntingdon 13

Hmmmmm sounds like you got it backwards to me sir, but oh well that game is in the past. Camden has beat H-town four years in a row now, and they Lions are moving ahead just like they always have in the Ward era.

It looks like to me that as long as Ward keeps his boys in a line like he has since day one then the next big challenge on the schedule is Creekwood, but Coach Ward and CO. is gonna take it one game at a time. I'm curious to see how the Lions handle the game with Creek cause this is definately the game to measure the season by. The pre-season picks to win the region acording to Murphy Fair was 1 Creekwood followed closely by 2 Camden. Unfortunately I will; not be able to make this game but I will be following along on the radie. BLACK and GOLD BABY!!!

Creek Wood is very strong this year and i don't see them losing another game in the regular season. Camden could provide good competition but i saw their game last week against Huntingdon in which Huntingdon physically pushed Camden's defense around. Creek Wood is bigger than Huntingdon and their offense is a lot harder to read than Huntingdon's. Creek Wood will win that game by what some people might call a suprising margin. They have the potential to surprise some people. I believe they are good enough to compete with the likes of Whites Creek and Maplewood. :roflol:

Says the player that obviously knows nothing about Huntingdon and has never seen them play before.

Think you guys could do better? Milan couldn't, Union City couldn't, Westview couldn't...but Creekwood could?

Man I really wish I had a pair of those shades you had on during the game...they definitely would help me out when I tell everyone just how big that fish was that got away.... :roflol: