McCallie vs Baylor

bigblu1

After two straight sivision loses the last one being a heartbreaker I think the big blue will pull this one off for number 12. If Trent lusk plays the way he did tonight it will be a blow out. The offensive coordinator for mccallie really stepped it up tonight in gettin his offense ready to play. I got a chance to watch the MBA vs Baylor game last week on the MBA network and Baylor didn't look as good as the could have looked, overthrown balls, dropped passes and they don't have a kicking game like MBA does.can the red raiders make use if their 15 day off an make it a competition like we saw two years ago when te rivals played over at heywood stadium. This is the year is what the Baylor faithful are saying. But is it? Can the big blue defense lead by senior Nolan woody stop the taleted and wicked fast running back of sam Williams who hasn't really come up big for the red raiders do to injury this season. Can the secondary for mccallie containing the pritchett triplets cover matthew oellrich and the other baylor wide receivers? Will Jacob huesmann be the player Baylor has been looking for for the past eleven years? Can mccallie not allow Baylor to play on a short field like bylor got to play on because of turnovers against tyner? It's the color battle of blue and red. It is the smell of hate that will fill heywood stadium in one week. It is the car flags that control the whole city. It's the pep rallys. It's the alumni coming back to see if the big blue cn beat Baylor for another year. It's the passionate hate for the other team. It's fathers brainwashing their sons or daughters to hate the color of the rival team. It's the t shirts. It's the talk ofthe town. It's the best week of my life. It's the most critical game for both teams. It's what can make or break a season. It's what can make or break a career. It's the greatest rivalry in Tennessee. It is Baylor-McCallie and it starts NOW!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nd-almost everyone in chattanooga not affiliated with McCallie is pulling for Baylor. Baylor has more playmakers but mccallie has a better line. If baylor gets their speed to the corners, they'll find success. Their passing game also has to click. I'll admit mccallie is better than a lot of people think. As far as comparing tyner games- the issue of turnovers seems to be a hot topic. They are created by the defense. If McCallie is able to nickel and dime their way down the field like usual (not bashing them, just saying their method works) and have long sustained drives, they'll be able to keep sam williams, pinkstaff, huesnman and company off the field. If you hoping for a blowout you won't see one. This one will be decided by 10 or fewer. It will be interesting to see if mccallie will continue to make op for their lack of playmakers by having good technique. And if your basing your predictions on the mba games for both teams, your wasting your time. MBA's td drives were from baylor's 20 and 25. They were held scoreless in the second half and the last part of the 2nd quarter. If baylor loses it wont due to lack of preparation. Both teams know they are going to win, thats the attitude you have to take so dont put up that ridiculous quote about how baylor only hopes to win. It makes baylor sound like a bunch of 4th graders.

McCallie should have won easily against MBA but didn't. We won't make that mistake this week. The Blue puts it all on the line about the game that matters most and beats Baylor going away. Mark my works.

McCallie 28

Baylor 10

Won easily? Thats the best mccallie's played all year. They were lucky to play them that close. MBA is no cupcake. They had many opportunities to score but McCallie got some breaks near the redzone.

McCallie should have won easily against MBA but didn't. We won't make that mistake this week. The Blue puts it all on the line about the game that matters most and beats Baylor going away. Mark my works.

McCallie 28

Baylor 10

Comments like this from tornadofan10 are why I really hope Baylor wins this year. I don't see McCallie winning by 3 touchdowns as you predict. I see Baylor winning on what has to be the prettiest campus in the south.

Baylor 28

McCallie 24

Even though I am not a part of this rivarly....except for living in Chattanooga. I cannot imagine a bigger high school rivarly than when Baylor and McCallie play in anything. Seeing all the flags flying from cars, the spirit t shirts worn by both schools...it really is something. I hope that Baylor ends the streak this year.

Thanks for the support ND. If Baylor's playmakers put it together like they did the first 3 games of the season we will be successful. The Huesman to Oellerich combination has big play potential. And if we can finally get a healthy Sam Williams along with Nelson Pinkstaff our running game is potent.

The Red and blue only have 2 common opponents to date. Both playing Tyner with Baylor blowing them out and McCallie winning by one in the final seconds. There are those that point to the Tyner turnovers in the Baylor game aiding in the blowout. The other game is the MBA game with Baylor losing 17-0 and McCallie losing in the final seconds in that one by clutch field goals. You can also make a point about turnovers in the Baylor/MBA game. MBA only scores 2 touchdowns both on Baylor turnovers at their 20 and 25....while Baylor twice gets inside the MBA 10 in the 2nd half and loses both of those as well. Defense did a good job of holding them scoreless in the 2nd half. While McCallie lost a heartbreaker to them. So what does this say....really nothing....just fun to review I guess.

An exciting week for both schools and can't wait to see the big red flags with the large white B's flying around town. No game like it from my viewpoint in high school sports in Tennessee. Go Baylor!

Baylor 31

McCallie 21

McCallie 28

Baylor 10

Won easily? Thats the best mccallie's played all year. They were lucky to play them that close. MBA is no cupcake. They had many opportunities to score but McCallie got some breaks near the redzone.

I stand by my statement. We should have beaten MBA easily...should never have come down to field goals. And yes, I say we will beat Baylor easily by at least 28-10. One thing I will agree with Baylor on though is that having it on campus at school instead of Finley is the best atmosphere possible. 2 years ago at Baylor was amazing and not just because we won. Finley cannot duplicate the atmosphere and deep down McCallie fans complain alot but deep down know it. That being said....the Blue wins big!

McCallie 28

Baylor 10

Not sure how you can say you should have beaten MBA easily at all. MBA was about to score again to put the game away until McCallie intercepted it for a touchdown. Fletcher made an incredible field goal for sure. I don't see how McCallie beats Baylor "going away" either. Not sure where your cockiness comes from. This should be a very good, close game. The MBA/Baylor score was deceiving for sure. Our defense played our best game yet and Baylor had some very unfortuate (for them) turnovers that lead to our scores. Sloppy game.

Almost to close to call but I think Baylor wins this year and I agree that the Baylor campus and football venue (beautiful surrounded by mountains and river) is incredible.

Baylor 21

McCallie 17

Have to agree in that McCallie could have won the MBA game, but not easily and not by a big margin.....but they didn't. Feel real good about McCallie's team and their young QB but do think Baylor is a good football team as well. It should be a close game and I think the team with the fewest tunrnovers will prevail. Of course, that team should be the Blue Tornado.

McCallie 24

Baylor 21

tornadofan10, I will agree with you about the venue and playing on campus...as you said you just can't duplicate the atmosphere at Finley. The place packed, a sea of red and blue. And so close to the action. I will just let your other statements go and not respond.

That being said, I think this game has all the makings of the same barn burner from 2008 at Baylor. This time I think we will have a different outcome. Turnovers will need to be kept to a minimum for sure. Go Baylor!

Baylor 24

McCallie 17

Have to agree in that McCallie could have won the MBA game, but not easily and not by a big margin.....but they didn't. Feel real good about McCallie's team and their young QB but do think Baylor is a good football team as well. It should be a close game and I think the team with the fewest tunrnovers will prevail. Of course, that team should be the Blue Tornado.

McCallie 24

Baylor 21

I don't think it will be close....again the Blue by 3 touchdowns.