McCallie vs Baylor

bigblu1

No way is Ensworth going to beat McCallie as badly as many of you say. In fact we are going to beat them. I still say a touchdown win for McCallie at least. Go Blue!

Tornadofan10, I give you this. You are fiercely loyal and consistent in your predictions.

Possible long lost relative of bluemom. But slightly less realistic in his predictions. But lets get back to the game.....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope the weather cooperates for the greatest high school rivalry game around! Can't wait to see the big red flags waving and the festive tailgating parties. It's Baylor vs McCallie and it just doesn't get any bigger than this. Here's to ending the streak!

Baylor 31

McCallie 28

Greatest rivalry indeed! I can't imagine any interest beyond Dunlap in these two mules fighting over a turnip. If it were being played in my backyard, I'd close the curtains.

Just kidding...I'd actually enjoy seeing this one, and I think Baylor's campus is beautiful (although I last saw it in '79). I'm afraid, though, if I had to pick, I'd have to go with McCallie. I've only seen each team once (against MBA), but I thought McCallie had the better team. I'm skeptical of any offense that can't score on MBA this year. And in a close game (as most are predicting, and justifiably so, I would think), kicking becomes very important. Does Baylor have any real kicking game?

And the comments made earlier that Baylor knows they can win and isn't at all daunted by the streak seem to me to be whistling past the cemetery. Baylor last won this one when their seniors were in first grade. In my mind, that makes it imperative that Baylor succeed at something early on. A two touchdown lead for McCallie in the first half would probably be insurmountable. Alternatively, I suspect there's a lot of pressure on McCallie. I'd hate to be part of the first team to lose to our archrival in over decade. That's the kind of thing that's remembered in a not so joking manner at class reunions for a long time.

Best of luck to both teams on a good game. I can't share your wishes, though, for good weather. I'm a big fan of football in the mud. Or has Baylor gone over to the darkside as well and gotten a carpet?

Let's hope the weather cooperates for the greatest high school rivalry game around! Can't wait to see the big red flags waving and the festive tailgating parties. It's Baylor vs McCallie and it just doesn't get any bigger than this. Here's to ending the streak!

Baylor 31

McCallie 28

Greatest rivalry indeed! I can't imagine any interest beyond Dunlap in these two mules fighting over a turnip. If it were being played in my backyard, I'd close the curtains.

Just kidding...I'd actually enjoy seeing this one, and I think Baylor's campus is beautiful (although I last saw it in '79). I'm afraid, though, if I had to pick, I'd have to go with McCallie. I've only seen each team once (against MBA), but I thought McCallie had the better team. I'm skeptical of any offense that can't score on MBA this year. And in a close game (as most are predicting, and justifiably so, I would think), kicking becomes very important. Does Baylor have any real kicking game?

And the comments made earlier that Baylor knows they can win and isn't at all daunted by the streak seem to me to be whistling past the cemetery. Baylor last won this one when their seniors were in first grade. In my mind, that makes it imperative that Baylor succeed at something early on. A two touchdown lead for McCallie in the first half would probably be insurmountable. Alternatively, I suspect there's a lot of pressure on McCallie. I'd hate to be part of the first team to lose to our archrival in over decade. That's the kind of thing that's remembered in a not so joking manner at class reunions for a long time.

Best of luck to both teams on a good game. I can't share your wishes, though, for good weather. I'm a big fan of football in the mud. Or has Baylor gone over to the darkside as well and gotten a carpet?

I think it is way to hard to judge from results from results played against a common opponent...this case MBA. From what I have read about that game it sounds like Baylor was their own worst enemy and it was not that they could not move the ball but when in position to score inside the 10 they just turned it over. Also, sounds like Baylor defense may have been better against MBA. MBA moved it well against McCallie but they only scored points off of Baylor due to Baylor miscues deep in their own territory.

Now from talking to those close to Tyner football even with the Tyner turnovers I was told that Baylor played them alot stronger than McCallie did and that McCallie ecked that one out in the last seconds. So I really think it is hard to judge by a common opponent score.

If Ooltewah had an off week I would have loved to have seen this game. It is the game of the week on Chattanooga TV station so I will just tape it and watch some of it later. Should be a good and close game I would think. Go Owls!

Baylor 31

McCallie 28

I was at the BGA and Baylor game a few weeks ago. And yes, they have a brand new carpet this year. Looked amazing so I don't guess they will have to worry about mud. Beautiful setting for a game.

Baylor 31

McCallie 28

You had me going there for a minute until you said just kidding. I doubt any other area of the state could duplicate the week leading up to this game for color, intensity, pep rallies, flag flying....well you would just have to see it to know what I am talking about. I like that you don't think Baylor can do it....like the love for McCallie you show kwoodworth. Hope the blue meets MBA again in the playoffs for a much different result.

Baylor 31

McCallie 28

You bring up a good point about the kicking game. I believe that McCallie has a good field goal kicker. If I am not mistaken he was a transfer from Cleveland and is a soccer player. Baylor has had two great kickers also in the last few years that were also soccer players in Tanner Taylor and Andrew Roden. Soccer players make excellent kickers most of the time. I don't know who kicks for them now but I had heard that they have struggled with the kicking game somewhat. Not sure so maybe someone more versed on that situation can chime in. But we all know that the kicking game as well as turnovers are the difference maker many times.

My impression from watching MBA play Baylor and McCallie is that there's really not a lot of difference between the three teams. MBA made fewer mistakes than the opponent in both games, and was pretty opportunistic. And cerainly in the McCallie game, kicking was the difference. You don't generally have to worry about a 50+ yard field goal in a high school game.

My impression from watching MBA play Baylor and McCallie is that there's really not a lot of difference between the three teams. MBA made fewer mistakes than the opponent in both games, and was pretty opportunistic. And cerainly in the McCallie game, kicking was the difference. You don't generally have to worry about a 50+ yard field goal in a high school game.

MBA's kicker sounds like he has a great future ahead of him. You are right....you don't usually have to worry much in high school about 50+ yard field goals. Hope he has a few colleges looking at him.

Warm welcome to the Bluemom family to Tornadofan! I make a mean plate of spaghetti and can grill a decent steak. You seem to have the right leanings and I admire your tenacity.

A big thanks for the heads up from the Red Nation today to not enter through the front door this Friday. Guess I will now arrive at 3 in order to make the hike from our assigned parking. Anyone know how wheelchair bound attendees should proceed? Should we bring bread crumbs to find our way back?

Make sure everyone gets their dose today... the atmosphere is sweet and the Blue shall win!

Warm welcome to the Bluemom family to Tornadofan! I make a mean plate of spaghetti and can grill a decent steak. You seem to have the right leanings and I admire your tenacity.

A big thanks for the heads up from the Red Nation today to not enter through the front door this Friday. Guess I will now arrive at 3 in order to make the hike from our assigned parking. Anyone know how wheelchair bound attendees should proceed? Should we bring bread crumbs to find our way back?

Make sure everyone gets their dose today... the atmosphere is sweet and the Blue shall win!

Not to worry Bluemom. Baylor is classy and does things first class as well. I am sure that wheelchair bound attendees will be taken care of....I know you are pro McCallie but do you always like to get that zinger in?