McCallie vs Baylor

bigblu1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope is a different topic all together. I hope McCallie wins 52-0. I think McCallie will win in a close, well-played game. I know it will be an exciting Friday night watching one of the best HS rivalries in the entire U.S. in a great (albeit too small for the game) venue!

Well we do agree that McCallie wins...but not by the margin. However, the venue is better than Finley. The game in 2008 on Baylor's campus was hands down the most exciting and colorful event for sure. Last year's game at Finley after comparing it to the campus feel in 2008....was just nowhere near the atmosphere. We all know it. So you can have more people come but this is for the students, players and fans. All in all....campus=better! Go Blue.

McCallie should have won easily against MBA but didn't. We won't make that mistake this week. The Blue puts it all on the line about the game that matters most and beats Baylor going away. Mark my works.

McCallie 28

Baylor 10

Won easily? Thats the best mccallie's played all year. They were lucky to play them that close. MBA is no cupcake. They had many opportunities to score but McCallie got some breaks near the redzone.

I stand by my statement. We should have beaten MBA easily...should never have come down to field goals. And yes, I say we will beat Baylor easily by at least 28-10. One thing I will agree with Baylor on though is that having it on campus at school instead of Finley is the best atmosphere possible. 2 years ago at Baylor was amazing and not just because we won. Finley cannot duplicate the atmosphere and deep down McCallie fans complain alot but deep down know it. That being said....the Blue wins big!

"Could have" and "Should have" never won a game or accomplished anything in life. McCallie lost to MBA and there is no asterisk. Baylor played by far its worst game of the year against MBA but it doesn't matter. MBA played outstanding, and they beat Baylor, just like they beat McCallie. Anybody that has followed the Baylor-McCallie rivalry, that has followed these two teams this year and that has the ability to step out of their loyalty for a moment would have to predict a close game. It was a close game two years ago, and that year McCallie really was much better than Baylor. With identical win-loss records and the emotion of this game, the line out of Vegas is even. Baylor wins in overtime.

Just do it....I agree with your quote except their won loss records are not identical. Baylor is 4-1 and McCallie is 4-2.

So the Red Bank Lions will keep rolling..............and the "streak" is going to stop rolling. Baylor will win in a close one.

Baylor 34

McCallie 28.............................................GO RED BANK!

Well it is time! The flags are flying and I now have my game week tshirt so life is good! I was at the game at Baylor 2 years ago and the atmosphere is electric. Admittedly a little like sardines in a can in the stands and most dads were standing 6 deep behind them. I believe we won in double OT on a field goal and a long snap by blueson.

How will showers affect the game? Up to a 40% chance.

We met Red Bank in the jamboree this year and it was a good quarter of football.

As to my prediction.....My heartfelt desire is to win large 50 or 60 to nothing would be fine......Reality says it most likely will be a closer game.

Blue 27

Red 21

Well it is time! The flags are flying and I now have my game week tshirt so life is good! I was at the game at Baylor 2 years ago and the atmosphere is electric. Admittedly a little like sardines in a can in the stands and most dads were standing 6 deep behind them. I believe we won in double OT on a field goal and a long snap by blueson.

How will showers affect the game? Up to a 40% chance.

We met Red Bank in the jamboree this year and it was a good quarter of football.

As to my prediction.....My heartfelt desire is to win large 50 or 60 to nothing would be fine......Reality says it most likely will be a closer game.

Blue 27

Red 21

Other than the team we are pulling for (Go Baylor!) I am like you.....this week is so exciting! Baylor game T shirts and McCallie shirts are everywhere and the large colored flags will fly proudly this week...especially the closer to the game time. Yes, the atmosphere was electric 2 years ago and will be again this year. Let's hope the weather is as good this time around.

Here's to hoping for a good, safe game for all involved. As for my prediction, I too would love for Baylor to win by 50...but like everyone else on this thread (with the exception of tornadofan10) I don't see anything but a close and hard fought game. I may have predicted earlier in this thread...not sure. But here it goes....

Baylor 28

McCallie 21

Just do it....I agree with your quote except their won loss records are not identical. Baylor is 4-1 and McCallie is 4-2.

Bluelion, thanks for correcting my error when I stated that the W-L records were the same.

Maybe I was subconsciously de-emphasizing McCallie's Ensworth loss. From people that were there at the McCallie/Ensworth game, I have been told that Ensworth looked really good -- big and fast. Given what Ensworth has accomplished so far, McCallie's 28-13 loss to Ensworth was very respectable and demonstrates that McCallie is a good football team.