Henry Co vs Northeast

kp150150

Come on Coach how can you say that??????????? :roflol: It may be the 11 on the field but if 7 or 8 of them never come off for NE then they are not going to be fresh to handle the two platoon system of Henry Co. who should be 6A since their 9th graders are at a different school. But Yes more numbers mean more players to choose from which gives you more depth. As a coach you should know this. How else do you think your springfield bunch beat NE. NE wore down in the 2nd half. Good luck to both teams and may it be settled on the field.

I don't think NE is as big and as fast as HC. They may have a few like #4 but that is about it.

The part of your post I highlighted makes zero sense! I have seen a ton of foolish and ignorant posts on CoachT but I think this takes the cake. Realgame set you straight but I couldn't let this pass. What do HC's 9th graders have to do with which class they play in? The 9th graders are already counted in our enrollment numbers even though they are on another campus. Even if we were 6A we would be in this same district and the outcomes of the games would be the same. Please explain that part of your post if its possible!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC by 2 TDs. The Clarksville school system has spread the talent pool too thin. HC has more depth than probably any 2 Clarksville teams combined. I still dont think this HC county team has played up to their potential through 4 quarters. Yet, they have only been really challenged once.

i don't understand the statement about the talent level being spread too thin in Clarksville, please explain.

HC by 2 TDs. The Clarksville school system has spread the talent pool too thin. HC has more depth than probably any 2 Clarksville teams combined. I still dont think this HC county team has played up to their potential through 4 quarters. Yet, they have only been really challenged once.

i don't understand the statement about the talent level being spread too thin in Clarksville, please explain.

Clarksville has so many highschools, the talent/atheletes are spead among many schools. Just imagine if you took Rossview, Clarksville High, North East, North West, and West Creek and made an All-Star team from the best players at each school. I dont know how or if zoning is done in Clarksville, but they have ALOT of schools. The talent and atheletes are there, but instead of having them on one or two very good teams, with needed depth, they are few and far between on 5 or more teams. I think it was Kenwood that only had around 30 dressed out.

I coached in Mississippi for over 30 years and YES, depth and numbers meant something there. I would rather choose my starting 22 from a team of 75, than to choose my starting 22 from a team of 50. It only makes sense. I am actually amazed that HC has over 90 dressed out in a school the size of HC. Why do you think that is the case? Has HC always had such great participation?

Red Warrior - The participation is high because there is finally a great system throughout all the "feeder" schools and the Youth League is bulging prior to that. These kids are seeing the success that the current coaching staff has and want to be a part of it. Coach Gaddis and company are pulling talent out of the woodwork that was previously not tapped in Henry County. Along with seeing a couple of players have some success at the college ranks, kids want to play football around here.

Prior to the last 4 years, participation was at a near all time low. And before that, even in successful years there were not much more than 60-75 dressed out. So this is great for Henry County and I see it continuing for at least the next 5 years or so.

Clarksville has so many highschools, the talent/atheletes are spead among many schools. Just imagine if you took Rossview, Clarksville High, North East, North West, and West Creek and made an All-Star team from the best players at each school. I dont know how or if zoning is done in Clarksville, but they have ALOT of schools. The talent and atheletes are there, but instead of having them on one or two very good teams, with needed depth, they are few and far between on 5 or more teams. I think it was Kenwood that only had around 30 dressed out.

You could say the same about other cities in TN. I gotta believe fast growth plays a role. Seems like every 5 years a new school gets built and lines redrawn (not sure about the lines). Also seems like a lot of coaching changes. Community support plays a big role. Remember it was not long ago that there were considerations to drop sports programs due to funding. The Gateway to South has had their share of growing pains the last few years.

i saw where the city of Clarksville has a population of about 120,000+. Clarksville has 2 6(A), 4 5(A) and Montgomery central which i think is 3(A). I would guess that NE and Rossville have about 1400, and the 5(A) schools about 1200 each - that's 7,600 high school kids and you want them in one or two schools? The 5(A) schools have about the same enrollment (give or take a couple hundred) so the "talent pool" should be the same. I do realize that as schools become sucessful that talented players gravitate towards these programs , thus it skews the "talent pool" ratios, but the classifications are suppose to help keep everyone on a level playing field.

i saw where the city of Clarksville has a population of about 120,000+. Clarksville has 2 6(A), 4 5(A) and Montgomery central which i think is 3(A). I would guess that NE and Rossville have about 1400, and the 5(A) schools about 1200 each - that's 7,600 high school kids and you want them in one or two schools? The 5(A) schools have about the same enrollment (give or take a couple hundred) so the "talent pool" should be the same. I do realize that as schools become sucessful that talented players gravitate towards these programs , thus it skews the "talent pool" ratios, but the classifications are suppose to help keep everyone on a level playing field.

I typed up this long response twice, and both times when I read back though it, I felt like I was being disrepectful to Clarksville teams/posters. That is not my intent whatsoever, so I deleted both responses. I will just say this, what you say makes alot of sense and I agree, but for whatever reason, Clarksville teams seem to be down. I agree the "skew" happens, but the effect must be minimal seeing as how there is not a school in Clarksville that towers over the rest. I mean, it sounds like you have second stringers transfering to get starting jobs, rather than star players transfering to winning teams. Its like it's backwards from what you hear out of Memphis schools. The whole thing really puzzles me.

Actually, Northeast numbers should place them in 4A, but the county AD does not want the other schools out of the same region. So the split with west creek dropped the Eagles under a 1000 students.

Secondly, I did not say you had to play the same 11 all game. Just said it took 11 at any given time, and Northeast does two platoon a lot. Think this game is closer than the Patriot faithful believes. :roflol: Speed kills, and I do believe this Northeast team is the fastest team in the region. They may not be as well disciplined, but dont count them out.

Actually, Northeast numbers should place them in 4A, but the county AD does not want the other schools out of the same region. So the split with west creek dropped the Eagles under a 1000 students.

Secondly, I did not say you had to play the same 11 all game. Just said it took 11 at any given time, and Northeast does two platoon a lot. Think this game is closer than the Patriot faithful believes. :roflol: Speed kills, and I do believe this Northeast team is the fastest team in the region. They may not be as well disciplined, but dont count them out.

so west creek is made up mostly of previously NE students? are there many from KW or NW?

just wondering. also - are they zoned? and what about a student that would have been a senior this year at NE - do they get a choice of staying at NE or going to west creek?

so west creek is made up mostly of previously NE students? are there many from KW or NW?

just wondering. also - are they zoned? and what about a student that would have been a senior this year at NE - do they get a choice of staying at NE or going to west creek?

I used to live in Clarksville and was told when living there that Fort Campbell Army base brings in numerous students of soldiers stationed there to the Clarksville area. Unfortunatly, many times the soldiers are reassigned to other bases and move their families accordingly. Thus, there is often a pretty large turnover of students/athletes. Also, we all know the powerhouse high school that Fort Campbell is in Kentucky football. I also heard that many of the best football players transfer their as well. I dont know how much truth there is to this, so can a Clarksvillian reply if this indeed is happening there?

I don't know anything about C'ville schools, but I do know that there is a major advantage to having only one high school in a town: almost everyone in the community is supporting the team and the program. That is necessary if you want a tradition of excellence but hard to get in a city with as many schools as C'ville has. The talent on the field changes for every team each year, but a good program will continue to experience varying degrees of success. I love being a part of the excitement and the atmosphere of a Henry County football game.