Cloudland vs. Cosby

THE KING

Now looks like week 10 is a HUGE game. Even more so than before.

We will be playin for what is most likely that final playoff spot , will be a huge game in week 10. I'm sure Unaka will be the favorite by 21 if you use pujo logic.

How early did yall pull up on N.G.? Are the Huskies gettin any better?

Being favored don't win you nothing. The better team dosen't always win. Still think Cloudland is better than either of you.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be playin for what is most likely that final playoff spot , will be a huge game in week 10. I'm sure Unaka will be the favorite by 21 if you use pujo logic.

Being favored don't win you nothing. The better team dosen't always win. Still think Cloudland is better than either of you.

Oh I know you do and you always will but thats cool , we will take the win and Cloudland can have the security in knowing that you think their better than we are.

After seeing the film I thought Cloudland was better than Unaka , But I believe it was raining which hurt Unaka and would have hurt us against yall tonight.

Well I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cosby will beat NG, and Unaka will get beat by Hampton. Assuming that, both teams will go into the game with a 3-1 district record. Add that on to the fact that both teams are going to be either 4-5 or 5-4 going into the game so the loser probably ain't going to get a wild-card slot, and this game, in all practicality, is a play-off game. Winner advances, loser goes home.

Well in the 1st quarter, Unaka's offense was pretty anemic and the defense didn’t look great either. But a few minutes into the 2nd, they flipped a switch and it down-hill running from there. They scored all 35 of their points in about an 18 minute span (Scored the first TD a few minutes into the 2nd, and scored the final TD with 4 and change left in the 3rd.) 4th quarter was pretty much 2nd string... For the first time all year, Unaka had a running game to speak of. I don’t have any stats, but I would say 250+ yards on the ground.

NG looks like they are improving alittle, but they are still NG. Their main RB isn’t half bad, and he had the most success running behind the right side of the line I think... They also ran the wildcat a few times for a few modest gains, but I can't remember exactly which player they had taking the snaps in it.

Oh I know you do and you always will but thats cool , we will take the win and Cloudland can have the security in knowing that you think their better than we are.

After seeing the film I thought Cloudland was better than Unaka , But I believe it was raining which hurt Unaka and would have hurt us against yall tonight.

Talent-wise, I think Unaka is better than Cloudland.

That being said, yes, it did rain some during that game...

Pujo the thing about Cloudland is they are VERY one-dimensional. Yes, Cloudland teams in the past have been one-dimensional and been successful. But those teams had the likes of Dakota Christman, Mark Byrd, and Jonah Horney running the football. If you're going to be one-dimensional, you have to have very good running backs, or you're going to have problems moving the ball on a good defense. Plus putting the ball on the ground and 5+ times a game isn't helping either...

Talent-wise, I think Unaka is better than Cloudland.

That being said, yes, it did rain some during that game...

Pujo the thing about Cloudland is they are VERY one-dimensional. Yes, Cloudland teams in the past have been one-dimensional and been successful. But those teams had the likes of Dakota Christman, Mark Byrd, and Jonah Horney running the football. If you're going to be one-dimensional, you have to have very good running backs, or you're going to have problems moving the ball on a good defense. Plus putting the ball on the ground and 5+ times a game isn't helping either...

Young man, you are right to a certain degree. The teams of the past that were one dimensional had great running backs, but they were also running behind some of the best offensive linemen in the state. The thing that hurts Cloudland this year, is they are one dimensional and they have a weak offensive line. They've been whipped for most of the year. #42 and #25 would have 1000 yard seasons running behind the beafy boys but right now I don't know what they are trying to run behind. As for Pujo's statement, I understand what he is trying to say but everyone also needs to understand that the better teams don't turn the ball over so many times week after week and they don't make stupid mistakes that cost the whole team the chance of winning the ball game. I don't know everything that is going on, I just know that something needs to change. :roflol:

I agree with king as well however! I think alot of the problem is comparison. I agree by watching Cloudland up at Unaka you can tell they have got some athletic players on the field.But alot of people need to realize for one you will never have a quarterback like a Mark Byrd a running back like a Dakota Benfield strong lineman like John Hicks the big Buchannan kid and Dane Christman,Those kids are irreplacable and alot of their numbers speaks for themselves. That team was probably one of the more tougher and physical team's to ever come through this area.

And it all comes down to running in cycles. Athletics in general the programs are delt with having to throw alot of younger kids in the fire early which you are not used to seeing. The speed of the game in general has changed a whole lot and the tougness and size is not like it used to be as well. As a program there is going to be a period of time where every team takes it lumps the question is how do you respond to it. Kids are going to have to make decisions in situations like these and that is either you can fold the deck and accept and stay at the level you are performing at or you can continue to keep working hard and make not only yourself better but the program around you better.

And that goes for coaches as well. You will not see any coaches give up on these kids nor will they but how they respond on getting their programs better is going to be the key. Dont rely on what you have accomplished in the past or how well the players you had succeeded in the past take what you got and make it better and do it the right way.

Good post, Rusty. One of the problems that stick out to me at Cloudland is the lack of respect the players have for the coaches. There are some good young boys helping out at Cloudland right now and I think because they are so young that they are peers of the players and the kids are not showing the same respect that they would for someone alot older. These older kids that are fresh out of high school are still growing as individuals themselves. In fact, alot of guys don't reach a period of maturity and responsibility til their 28 years old. If a kid can get away with back talking a coach then the others will see that and they will fall in line and back talk the coaches as well. The problem is nothing is being done about it. I know Coach Orr would kick players off the team for back talking him and I'm sure there are coaches who would sit their players on the bench for a whole season for drawing a personal foul. Its all about being in charge. The coach has to be in charge or there is total confusion and chaos. This is just my opinion.

I'm interested in the stats. They generally tell the tale.

My guess is they favor Cloudland, thats why I call them the hardluck kids.

If they favored Cloudland it couldn't be by much , we moved the ball into the red zone and couldn't poke it in just as many or more times than Cloudland did. Cloudland did turn it over in some bad places to help us out but I'd say we definitely forced all of those but one. Cloudland plays very hard physical football and both teams gave the crowd a great game to watch. Herzog managed to find the endzone and get 2 picks even while being doubled all night and coming off of the flu. We had three kids who didn't practice all week including Herzog from the flu. I heard yall was fightin it as well.

274 yards to 120, thats why I still think Cloudland is the better team. They also outplayed Unaka everywhere but the scoreboard. The unfortunate thing for Cloudland is,the scoreboard is the only thing that counts. Tuff year for the HARDLUCK KIDS