TENNESSEE HIGH VS. DOBYNS BENNETT

Yogi Bear

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two tough looking teams, I'm going to go ahead and say that TN High looks like a tougher team now than South. I'd say this will be more of a challenge for DB....and hey the Boone people want DB to win this game. Boone is making a run for that conference title now.

If DB can stop the run, they will be able to use that offense and get going... but be wary #10 for TN High is a beast and I'm sticking to that. Watch it over the middle that boy will catch it and run it back for a TD.

This game it BIG for both teams!!! Does anybody not believe that this could very well be the Conference Championship game now? :roflolk:

If TN High can take this game then quite possibly it could be the Conference Championship. The way I see it, TN High wins out, well they win it all.

If they lose to DB and Boone but they win out the rest, then Boone takes the championship since in a head to head tie, Boone is over DB.

If TN High wins this but loses to Boone and not South.......3 way tie for the 1st place spot?

If TN High wins this, beats Boone, loses to South, that should stick them in 2nd?

If DB wins this, but loses to Boone and South, that should stick them in third place...

Lots of football to play, huge game as far as the conference champtionship.

Im alot more excited about seeing this game now than I was just a week ago thats for sure.

Weeeeelllllll... if it aint Mr. FAIR WEATHER FAN himself! :roflolk: Who you for this game DB or THS... lets just go ahead and get that out into the open. :roflol:

Now I know where BTaylormom was last night. Sounds like you two tied one on. You need to sober up a little before you post anymore. You are confusing me posting about my displeasher with the coaches and the program with somebody that just pulls for their team when their winning. I have never stoped pulling for the Indians. Im headed toward 6,000 post just here on CoachT pulling for DB. I don't have another high school team that I pull for. Lets see...... was it you that skipped the Tennesse High-Volunteer game last night just to see South put it on DB? How dissapointing that must of been. Were you one of the long line of cars seen leaving the stadium during the third quarter? Now just who is a FAIR WEATHER FAN ?? :roflolk:

I just wan't to say first, it's hard to get up for two big games in a row. Without a doubt the game coming up should be a harder game for us. However, i'm glad we're playing on the road. Our fans were huge last night in getting the players jacked up. Tenn High has a good team this year i believe after watching one replay on tv. Shepherd looks like a very talented runningback and the fullback is good also. I believe they can throw a little better than they have in the past, and i look for more of that.On the other hand, if we play with the same inspiration and emotion as we did last night it's going to be business as usual. Theirs no reason any of these local teams should even be able to play with us. Not arrogance, guys it's the truth. Everyone else around here only plays other local schools. A program cannot get better doing this. Try playing in Knoxville every other week for a few years and you will find out what level your program is at. Doing this, we've been at the top throughout! I'm looking forward to Friday and another exciting game. I hope this means we're back! Roll Tribe Roll............

I think the key for Tennessee High is to avoid the unnecessary mistakes and prevent DB from jumping to a two or three touchdown lead. That big of a lead will cause any offense to be out of rhythm. Tennessee High came out flat this week and understandably so after wins over Science Hill and Greeneville. The Vikes never take DB lightly and they play hard whether the game is close or not.

The DB running game is a bit of concern. Tennessee High will have to get a hold of CS; The Vikings have faced some quick backs thus far, but I don't think they have faced anyone as strong as CS, except in practice of course.

What about the threat of a passing game from DB? Steele is fast no doubt, but DB didn't really have to depend on a passing game last night.

I think it's important for the Vikes to establish a passing game early. If not, DB will pin their ears back. One week I hear from DB posters that the DB line can't play worth anything and then last night they dominate against what some might consider to be a great offensive line. I'm not sure how well Tennessee High's line will matchup against DB's. Greeneville held TN High to 100 yards rushing,granted Shepard was sick, but Tennessee was able to find success throwing the ball.

I think the key for Tennessee High is to avoid the unnecessary mistakes and prevent DB from jumping to a two or three touchdown lead. That big of a lead will cause any offense to be out of rhythm. Tennessee High came out flat this week and understandably so after wins over Science Hill and Greeneville. The Vikes never take DB lightly and they play hard whether the game is close or not.

The DB running game is a bit of concern. Tennessee High will have to get a hold of CS; The Vikings have faced some quick backs thus far, but I don't think they have faced anyone as strong as CS, except in practice of course.

What about the threat of a passing game from DB? Steele is fast no doubt, but DB didn't really have to depend on a passing game last night.

I think it's important for the Vikes to establish a passing game early. If not, DB will pin their ears back. One week I hear from DB posters that the DB line can't play worth anything and then last night they dominate against what some might consider to be a great offensive line. I'm not sure how well Tennessee High's line will matchup against DB's. Greeneville held TN High to 100 yards rushing,granted Shepard was sick, but Tennessee was able to find success throwing the ball.

As people have stated on another thread,DB looked relaxed last night.

Roop throwing a td pass to Steele jump started them and got the running

game going.If DB can play THS like they did against South,it will be for

the conference title.The Vikes are gooooood this year.They stared slow at

Volunteer,but got on track.Look for a exciting game.