Maryville v Catholic

BigAir

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who can carry GQ's shadow?.....Can we talk about the game now? Catholic must eliminate turnovers and penalties. I think if they do that, they will be right in this ballgame. I have only seen Maryville play once and that was against Oak Ridge and there was nothing special about that game but Maryville does have GQ so KC shouldn't even come out of the locker room. :wacko: Go Irish!

GQ will beat Meadows like a rented mule. Score probably similar to last weeks Bearden's game. Give Catholic a couple of field goals and I will say:

Maryville 35

Catholic 6

Keep dreaming Jake!! There will be no beating like a rented mule, I would bet it all! It will be a great close game, but no blow out!

Get ready for a BATTLE!!!!!

I do not believe that anyone on here has said that KC should not come out of the locker room. MARYVILLE respects KC , you can count on that. There is just not much respect for meadows with a few exceptions.

I was using a little sarcasm about not coming out of the locker room. I was just tired of reading about the two coaches and wanted to hear about the game.

gabbygirl,

I am a Catholic fan and I am asking you to not use that we have players playing both ways as an excuse for any game. It is life in the division we are in and it will make us better for the playoffs. Maybe we need to condition like a team that has everyone play both ways. Since I can remember Catholic has always had players play both ways, no excuses. Good luck Irish!

For those joining us late... A few dozen posts later and we have a summary like this:

Seats at Catholic will be hard to come by.

These coaches are 5-1 against each other with Quarles being the 5.

Maryville posters have been encouraged not to respond to anyone with an emotional illness expressed by attention getting jabber. Just say no.

Score predictions have ranged from a Maryville blowout to a very tightly contested slugfest.

Surprisingly little has actually been said about the teams themselves. Here's what we have:

Catholic

Big O and D line.

Solid at QB

Great RB in Cozart

Great pass catcher in Macklin

Their depth could prove to be an issue as the game grinds into Q4.

Maryville

Improved play up front from week #1.

Surely we can do better than this! What will the game turn on? This contest will demand a complete effort in all phases by both teams - which will be able to answer?

For those joining us late... A few dozen posts later and we have a summary like this:

Seats at Catholic will be hard to come by.

These coaches are 5-1 against each other with Quarles being the 5.

Maryville posters have been encouraged not to respond to anyone with an emotional illness expressed by attention getting jabber. Just say no.

Score predictions have ranged from a Maryville blowout to a very tightly contested slugfest.

Surprisingly little has actually been said about the teams themselves. Here's what we have:

Catholic

Big O and D line.

Solid at QB

Great RB in Cozart

Great pass catcher in Macklin

Their depth could prove to be an issue as the game grinds into Q4.

Maryville

Improved play up front from week #1.

Surely we can do better than this! What will the game turn on? This contest will demand a complete effort in all phases by both teams - which will be able to answer?

Good breakdown "o wise father" ...

I had heard that Macklin might be injured ... not sure to what extent. He is most certainly a difference maker.

To me, the key for Catholic is to score first. Maryville can be kind of like a school of sharks. If they score early and get ahead they begin to smell blood and they feed on that and if you're the opponent, it can get ugly. Get ahead early and then keep your offense on the field for long periods of time ... that's the formula. I got it from South Doyle's former coach! :roflol:

Having said all that ... I don't see it happening. Maryville wins.

I do not believe that anyone on here has said that KC should not come out of the locker room. MARYVILLE respects KC , you can count on that. There is just not much respect for meadows with a few exceptions.

I was using a little sarcasm about not coming out of the locker room. I was just tired of reading about the two coaches and wanted to hear about the game.

gabbygirl,

I am a Catholic fan and I am asking you to not use that we have players playing both ways as an excuse for any game. It is life in the division we are in and it will make us better for the playoffs. Maybe we need to condition like a team that has everyone play both ways. Since I can remember Catholic has always had players play both ways, no excuses. Good luck Irish!

Happy Hour I am not using playing both ways as an excuse, simply quoting what someone else said earlier!! We have never had to use that for an excuse, it doesn't mean a thing. It proves from previous years that it never made a difference. I was just being sarcastic. I am a Catholic fan as well, they have been proven to be a great team. GO IRISH!!

My bad gabbygirl, you only have a couple post on here so I didn't catch on to your sarcasm yet. Glad to know you have some personality like my other Catholic friends on here Irishbball and ScottA11..... Back to the game, I would like to see Catholic play with some emotion! The last 3 weeks they have not looked fired up to play at all.