Maryville v Catholic

BigAir

My bad gabbygirl, you only have a couple post on here so I didn't catch on to your sarcasm yet. Glad to know you have some personality like my other Catholic friends on here Irishbball and ScottA11..... Back to the game, I would like to see Catholic play with some emotion! The last 3 weeks they have not looked fired up to play at all.

Agree 100%. They have looked flat to me since the Farragut game. How can you not play with more emotion vs. Webb??????

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad gabbygirl, you only have a couple post on here so I didn't catch on to your sarcasm yet. Glad to know you have some personality like my other Catholic friends on here Irishbball and ScottA11..... Back to the game, I would like to see Catholic play with some emotion! The last 3 weeks they have not looked fired up to play at all.

Agree 100%. They have looked flat to me since the Farragut game. How can you not play with more emotion vs. Webb??????

I believe our running game is so much stronger. Although we have a great QB we still need to mix it up more. It showed last Friday that we are much stronger running. Especially with two great backs like Cozart and Shirley, needs more of that.

Ya'll only got 2 playrs play with hart. The qb willimson is ok as a qb but a better db. tait kiled our dl & ol. dbl team & cut him. just kept comin. mackle didnt do nothin. Cozart only got 1 good run on us.

Ya'll only got 2 playrs play with hart. The qb willimson is ok as a qb but a better db. tait kiled our dl & ol. dbl team & cut him. just kept comin. mackle didnt do nothin. Cozart only got 1 good run on us.

One good run, but 136 yards on 14 carries. Imagine what he could have had with more carries.

One good run, but 136 yards on 14 carries. Imagine what he could have had with more carries.

Rong scooter. Ya'll only had 134 aganst us. Paper said we outrushd ya'll by bout 30 yards. Tellin ya, Cozart only had 1 good run about 35-40 yards. He wuz busy runnin his yap. Tellin ya. Ya'll only got 2 ballers. Perid.

These two teams have never met and have no common opponents so far this season. However, this will be Scott Meadows' third team to face the Rebels (Alcoa and William Blount being the other two).

It seems that this will be the first seriously two dimensional offense the Rebels have faced this season (Farragut promises even more of a challenge next week, and Alcoa in week 1 didn't need to be two dimensional).

Catholic seems to have an unusual number of game changers for a school their size (to some degree like Aloca).

What and who will be the difference makers?

Should be a good game, they both recruit very well all over east tennessee!

I'm from henry county, and i've heard quite a bit about catholic. they're in the top 10 in the state in our class, and earlier in the season people were picking them to win the state championship. Well if nothing else, at least they'll go to the playoffs having had one heck of a schedule. Hope we meet up with them, it would be a heck of a game.

For those joining us late... A few dozen posts later and we have a summary like this:

Seats at Catholic will be hard to come by.

These coaches are 5-1 against each other with Quarles being the 5.

Maryville posters have been encouraged not to respond to anyone with an emotional illness expressed by attention getting jabber. Just say no.

Score predictions have ranged from a Maryville blowout to a very tightly contested slugfest.

Surprisingly little has actually been said about the teams themselves. Here's what we have:

Catholic

Big O and D line.

Solid at QB

Great RB in Cozart

Great pass catcher in Macklin

Their depth could prove to be an issue as the game grinds into Q4.

Maryville

Improved play up front from week #1.

Surely we can do better than this! What will the game turn on? This contest will demand a complete effort in all phases by both teams - which will be able to answer?

Good breakdown "o wise father" ...

I had heard that Macklin might be injured ... not sure to what extent. He is most certainly a difference maker.

To me, the key for Catholic is to score first. Maryville can be kind of like a school of sharks. If they score early and get ahead they begin to smell blood and they feed on that and if you're the opponent, it can get ugly. Get ahead early and then keep your offense on the field for long periods of time ... that's the formula. I got it from South Doyle's former coach! :)

Having said all that ... I don't see it happening. Maryville wins.

LOL :) Good one GOVMAN