Maryville v Catholic

BigAir

Try to dig up the White House/ Catholic game thread about the semifinal game last season if you can....that will give you a clue as to how bad the seating is.

I would like to think that the Evil Empire has a few more fans than a 3A team from Middle Tennessee.

I tell you what....I will do it for ya.....The good stuff starts on about page 35 or 6. Enjoy.

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/boards/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=184931

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to a good game Thursday night.

FBE - If you want a seat, you better get there early. I think that the seating is probably similar to if maybe slightly larger than the home side at Alcoa. Also, when I was there, a great deal of it was roped off presumably for season ticket holders. It didn't look like a fair half/half split, and I know how the Rebels bring a crowd.

Regarding the game...

I've only seen Catholic play once, and that was against WB. I'm sure KC supporters will say (and I'm sure there's some merit to it) that the weather and playing conditions served as factors in that game. BUT what I saw from Catholic was a very big O-line that protected a very slow developing offense. The whole team looked lethargic, undisciplined and slow to me.

If Maryville can contend with the big KC lines, they'll be fine in this one.

Yea I heard that about the seating. Oh well it won't be the first time I stood to watch the Rebels. The T$$AA should have standards as to seating numbers before they bump a school up a class or two.

I'll be there early. Also planning to drive up to the Bearden/Farragut on Friday. :roflol:

I saw the the replay of the Farragut/ Cath game & "slow developing, lethargic & undisciplined" are not the words I would use to describe the Irish at all..

I've only seen the one game, and in that one they definitely looked slow. I know that weather was a factor, but WB was playing on the same field and looked much faster.

With regards to the slow-developing offense, that could have been partially due to the fact that the QB had all day to get rid of the ball. That O-line for KC looked like a wall that could have stood up to the rush for absolutely as long as needed. Their run blocking wasn't quite as good, and KC didn't seem as effective there until the smaller defensive guys got worn down in the end.

Either way, I think it will be a good one Thursday night.

And here's some fodder for discussion: I just heard the Sportsanimal crew talking about the game and both guys said that Meadows has GQ's number. Thoughts or comments on that loaded statement anyone?

Yea I heard that about the seating. Oh well it won't be the first time I stood to watch the Rebels. The T$$AA should have standards as to seating numbers before they bump a school up a class or two.

I'll be there early. Also planning to drive up to the Bearden/Farragut on Friday. :mrgreen:

When the stadium was built (back in 2000) Catholic was DII with around 400 kids. When Catholic moved to AA the stands were expanded (hard to believe) . I'm sure the KCHS administrators didn't see a move to AAA. After all there is roughly 600 students at Catholic. I did hear that there were plans to add more bleachers on the opposite side of the field where the baseball field is located, but not any time soon.

When the stadium was built (back in 2000) Catholic was DII with around 400 kids. When Catholic moved to AA the stands were expanded (hard to believe) . I'm sure the KCHS administrators didn't see a move to AAA. After all there is roughly 600 students at Catholic. I did hear that there were plans to add more bleachers on the opposite side of the field where the baseball field is located, but not any time soon.

wussup scooter.

Howd that webb game work out for ya? :D Ya'll won't need no more stands. Ya'll gonna look back in 3 when ya'll go 3 & 7 for 3 str8 and be like man ya'll remember a few back when we wre 6-4 wit Meadows them wer the good ol days :mrgreen:

wussup scooter.

Howd that webb game work out for ya? :mrgreen: Ya'll won't need no more stands. Ya'll gonna look back in 3 when ya'll go 3 & 7 for 3 str8 and be like man ya'll remember a few back when we wre 6-4 wit Meadows them wer the good ol days :D

Yeah, I had to eat crow. It didn't work out like I was hoping for. It would've been nice to run the ball more, but hey, it is what it is. I sure hope it doesn't come to that, I still remember the Pre-Pemberton days. But with this new system all we have to do (like that will be easy) is beat West or Lenoir City and make the 5A playoffs. I don't know about you guys but this new systems stinks, it almost rewards mediocrity in some districts. The TSSAA should have let well enough alone. Who do you guys play this week?

The T$$AA should have standards as to seating numbers before they bump a school up a class or two.

At this point I doubt many Catholic supporters would have a problem being subjected to such standards!

And here's some fodder for discussion: I just heard the Sportsanimal crew talking about the game and both guys said that Meadows has GQ's number. Thoughts or comments on that loaded statement anyone?

My thought is that those guys are clowns -- and, no, it's not a sudden revelation. No one has GQ's number. Meadows is 1-5 vs. Quarles, having lost the last 5. The single win came back in 2000 when Maryville lost its first 4 games (including a 28-0 shutout against Heritage) before getting things turned around and, unbelievably, winning a state championship. The only other competitive game the two have coached against one another was in 2007 when William Blount had every bit as much talent as Maryville, but the Rebels won 20-19.

I think he does...as a matter of fact I have it too

982-1132 :mrgreen:

Seriously if he has a win against him in the past few years, he may be as close as anybody to having it. When you go undefeated for 10 or however many years it was, I don't think anyone has your number except sportswriters

Like one other I think they were talking about Meadow's having GQ's cell phone number. Meadows did mention the other night that he and George recently spoke over the phone.

GQ has mostly owned Meadows and Scott has brought some pretty solid teams to battle. Nothing against Scott because GQ and his staff have schooled most everyone. This should be a great game and I, like many, are looking forward to the game.

I think he does...as a matter of fact I have it too

982-1132

:thumb:

At this point I doubt many Catholic supporters would have a problem being subjected to such standards

I think it is not so much playing "the big boys" that is causing them to lose more this year (well, losses in regular season are uncommon) but more of the radically different offensive/defensive system. As "papa chaos" said, there are moments when they are ugly, they have been ugly against powell, Mo West, Halls, Webb, and several other teams. They played great against Farragut, showed a lot of people they could play and if they take away several mistakes, that is a win for catholic. A few penalties, dropped balls and fumbles KILLED against webb. (Farragut and Webb played very well though, not taking anything from them, both great teams) These aren't excuses, just facts, if catholic understands the offense/defense makes the plays, and eliminates the inconsistencies, they can be a state championship winning football team. They have the athletes. And as many people have said, meadows can get the most out of his kids. I forget who the poster was, but they said there were several coaches they would do anything for and meadows was one of them. I guarantee all those kids in the locker room feel the same way.