Trousdale Co. visits Pickett Co.

Grunt

So, tell me then, why did you move your game to TT? Field conditions, I hear. Fail to see a difference.

One made a wise choice.. SC, one didn't .. PC. Now you want to say why wouldn't someone want

to play on their home field. A bit contradictory, huh?

I see your point Grunt........except. The game at TT was SC's choice. It was SC's home game, not DC's.

You (TC) was the visitor asking to be the Home team. We (SC) was the home team asking DC to play us at TT instead of at SC.....even giving up the HOME FIELD advantage. If PC has asked TC to play at TT, would TC still have made the offer???

I understand the "choice" difference. My point was, SC made the decision to move to a better

site, regardless of the location. Had TC been offered the option of playing at TT, I'm sure they

would have agreed. Problem here is, their field is unfit, to put it mildly. All knew that prior to

the storms, etc. After the storms, water was standing on the field. One end was useless for

PATs, FGs. Visitors bleachers, practically nonexistent. I could go on....you get the idea.

I agree PC certainly had the "right" to play there, but it wasn't mandatory. They should be required

to move under these conditions, IMO.

But, as they say, the game is history. Likely won't be forgotten.

Hey Grunt......you ever been to York?? Their field is usually ok, but the stands are on one side of the field. Home and Visitors sit together. The other side of the field has a fieldhouse. One endzone has another field house and the other endzone has a fence near it. But not too bad. BUT, I've heard that the state has condemned the stands except for the first 3-4 rows, that are reserved for the boosters. If this is true....PC's filed may be the place to play in that area. I have always hated going to Jimtown anyways. Now, it could be even worse. Who woulda thought that........... ;)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, tell me then, why did you move your game to TT? Field conditions, I hear. Fail to see a difference.

One made a wise choice.. SC, one didn't .. PC. Now you want to say why wouldn't someone want

to play on their home field. A bit contradictory, huh?

I see your point Grunt........except. The game at TT was SC's choice. It was SC's home game, not DC's.

You (TC) was the visitor asking to be the Home team. We (SC) was the home team asking DC to play us at TT instead of at SC.....even giving up the HOME FIELD advantage. If PC has asked TC to play at TT, would TC still have made the offer???

I understand the "choice" difference. My point was, SC made the decision to move to a better

site, regardless of the location. Had TC been offered the option of playing at TT, I'm sure they

would have agreed. Problem here is, their field is unfit, to put it mildly. All knew that prior to

the storms, etc. After the storms, water was standing on the field. One end was useless for

PATs, FGs. Visitors bleachers, practically nonexistent. I could go on....you get the idea.

I agree PC certainly had the "right" to play there, but it wasn't mandatory. They should be required

to move under these conditions, IMO.

But, as they say, the game is history. Likely won't be forgotten.

Hey Grunt......you ever been to York?? Their field is usually ok, but the stands are on one side of the field. Home and Visitors sit together. The other side of the field has a fieldhouse. One endzone has another field house and the other endzone has a fence near it. But not too bad. BUT, I've heard that the state has condemned the stands except for the first 3-4 rows, that are reserved for the boosters. If this is true....PC's filed may be the place to play in that area. I have always hated going to Jimtown anyways. Now, it could be even worse. Who woulda thought that........... :roflol:

Dang Termie...why did we play at Jackson or Cannon County all of those years? Heck...we could have just offered to pay 'em to come to SC...and if they refused...we could have hung 70 or so on them with justification. :roflol:

Ha, that pathetic offense in Chicken County can barely score 21....Probably couldn't score 70 with an empty field. :roflol: And get real The Hole...Ya'll road games are almost always nicer facilities than at home. Ya'll should pay other teams to come play in that dump. :thumb:

Hey Grunt......you ever been to York?? Their field is usually ok, but the stands are on one side of the field. Home and Visitors sit together. The other side of the field has a fieldhouse. One endzone has another field house and the other endzone has a fence near it. But not too bad. BUT, I've heard that the state has condemned the stands except for the first 3-4 rows, that are reserved for the boosters. If this is true....PC's filed may be the place to play in that area. I have always hated going to Jimtown anyways. Now, it could be even worse. Who woulda thought that........... :thumb:

Yeah, I've been to York, when we were all in 3A. Honestly don't remember much about it. We have

played where all seating was on one side. Don't remember facilities being this bad, tho. Maybe so.

Just think it would have been a plus for both teams to move to better conditions. Things can always

be worse.

Like it or not money is the name of the game. Required to keep a program running & to improve

facilities. This is not the way to get that done.

This is the only game I have missed in...who knows when. Had gotten a heads up on the situation,

opted out. Glad I did. Haven't talked to Creasy yet, but sure the gate was.....maybe fuel bill.

Possibly PC made enough to pay for the popcorn.

Maybe some common & financial sense will come from this game.

Next concern is Monterey. PC is done. No do-overs.

Dang Termie...why did we play at Jackson or Cannon County all of those years? Heck...we could have just offered to pay 'em to come to SC...and if they refused...we could have hung 70 or so on them with justification. 8-)

Ha, that pathetic offense in Chicken County can barely score 21....Probably couldn't score 70 with an empty field. :thumb: And get real The Hole...Ya'll road games are almost always nicer facilities than at home. Ya'll should pay other teams to come play in that dump. 8-)

snoring.gif

Dang Termie...why did we play at Jackson or Cannon County all of those years? Heck...we could have just offered to pay 'em to come to SC...and if they refused...we could have hung 70 or so on them with justification. :D

Ha, that pathetic offense in Chicken County can barely score 21....Probably couldn't score 70 with an empty field. :thumb: And get real The Hole...Ya'll road games are almost always nicer facilities than at home. Ya'll should pay other teams to come play in that dump. 8-)

Could have put 60 on YOU a few years ago...led 28-0 early in the 2nd...let up. That's what we do.

You left your starters in the whole game the year before in a 41-7 win. You were trying to score again late in that game. We should have pounded you...but we didn't. That's the difference between you and us. No character. If ever there was a reason to run it up...we had one...but still didn't do it.

There have been other opportunities over the years. We didn't do it. Can you say the same? 8-)

That's why you can't get anybody to play you.

Its what champions do. :thumb: What would Chicken County know about championships. Just what they've been told. :thumb:

You ever seen SP hang 70 on somebody? What about Alcoa? What about Maryville? Yea see, its what CHAMPIONS do. For years we only have 20-30 kids on team. All you can do is let'em all play. I will admit there were teams that Coach Satt. pounded intentionally, mostly private schools. Maybe some publics, maybe because they ran it up in Basketball on us. Who cares, its the other team job to stop us.

Its what champions do. :thumb: What would Chicken County know about championships. Just what they've been told. :thumb:

You ever seen SP hang 70 on somebody? What about Alcoa? What about Maryville? Yea see, its what CHAMPIONS do. For years we only have 20-30 kids on team. All you can do is let'em all play. I will admit there were teams that Coach Satt. pounded intentionally, mostly private schools. Maybe some publics, maybe because they ran it up in Basketball on us. Who cares, its the other team job to stop us.

Actually...they rarely do. Who cares about basketball? That's no excuse either. That's not to say some haven't done what you do. They have no character either. I have defended your actions in the past. I won't in the future. Good luck playing who you do. It must be really fun to watch those regular season scrimmages. I don't think you will be battle tested for your showdown with Boyd.

Could have put 60 on YOU a few years ago...led 28-0 early in the 2nd...let up. That's what we do.

You left your starters in the whole game the year before in a 41-7 win. You were trying to score again late in that game. We should have pounded you...but we didn't. That's the difference between you and us. No character. If ever there was a reason to run it up...we had one...but still didn't do it.

There have been other opportunities over the years. We didn't do it. Can you say the same? :thumb:

That's why you can't get anybody to play you.

We just want to lead the state in scoring....every year we can. :thumb:

Actually...they rarely do. Alcoa could do it about every other game if they wanted...they don't. Who cares about basketball? That's no excuse either. That's not to say some haven't done what you do. They have no character either.

Last yr Alcoa beat Spring hill 63-3, BT Wash 56-0, Oliver Spring 62-0, Sweetwater 51-0, Rockwood 52-0, and Poor Ole Cumberland Gap 68-0. WOW same score as us vs PC. Twan you need to check facts, before you spew $h!t.

I guess Coach Rankin has no character HUH!!!