Maryville at Farragut

FBEmeritus

8. I am not saying Maryville cheated at all,

Yes you are. You were basically peeing on the boards foot while saying "it's raining."

So how exactly did I say they cheated? Maryville won because of better coaching and the fact that they made adjustments when Farragut did not. Farragut even if there were bad calls should have never blown a 17pt lead. It's their own fault they lost. I still stand by the fact that Van Dyne caught that pass, but even with it being incomplete Farragut was still up by 3, and stopped Maryville on their next drive. The refs did not cost Farragut the game. So where or when did I say Maryville cheated? Me saying some big calls went against Farragut is not claiming Maryville cheated... That's just part of the game.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what bothers me is the stupidity of Farragut's coaching staff. i posted at halftime Farragut would never win an important game that means something as along as this coaching staff is there. NO adjustments, terrible playcalling, and undisciplined play are all reasons Farragut lost this game. and all of those are on the coaches. and these are common Farragut traits in football. see bearden playoff game 3 years ago.

i dont think anyone realizes how good Farragut would be with, lets say, George Quarrels coaching them. Farragut's players, sorry to say, are so much more athletically talented than Maryville's it shouldn't even be a game. it's the honest truth, but they make it work for them because they have one of the best high school coaches in the NATION. if Quarrels had Farragut's skill players, he would have a 130 game win streak.

i feel bad for the Farragut players for this reason. we all wonder why Farragut doesnt get many kids to go D1 in football, but it is because they have been so poorly coached and are so undisciplined (see Andre Sterling). so until Farragut get's new coaches, they will continue to be regular season beasts and 3rd round playoff burn outs. hate to say it, but thats just the way it is and it's gotten to a point where it is really quite pathetic.

So losing 2 extremely close , hard fought games to 2 of the best teams in the state means you jump ship ... right ? Do you realize how foolish you're going to look if Farragut was to win it all this year ? You're a Farragut fan till the End .... whether they Win .... or they WIN !! :roflolk:

when did i say anything about jumping ship?? im just tellin the truth. which is what it is. with the talent that Farragut has, they should win state or be close to it EVERY year. to not have made it past the 3rd round of the playoffs with the talent Farragut has had this decade is simply ridiculous. and it all comes down to lack of coaching.

please tell me how i am wrong here. perfect example. 2007. one loss going into the 3rd round, playing bearden, a team you've beaten 8 times in a row. with one of the best running backs in the history of the state. and even when bearden puts 9 in the box, you run shotgun draws with FIVE linemen????? just one of the many examples of stupidity this staff has seen.

also the playoff game against ooltewah last year. wow. the first game you run the shotgun the whole time and you score 3 points and end up with -50 some yards rushing because of all the sacks. second game you come out and.... do the EXACT same thing. if i recall as well, a late INT set up ooletwah's GW td with like 3-4 minutes left.

pathetic.

I didn't agree with Farragut continuing to pass either , but what I saw was a well coached , disciplined team , that deserves It's fan's respect as well as their opponents . I'd say if your coaches could go back and do it again Purdy would get a dozen more carries , and they may well get that opportunity in the playoffs . David Sweetland Is going to be an incredible coach , he learns from mistakes , just like coach Quarles does . No coach always makes a perfect call , I'd give your coaches a few more chances before I'd start throwing them under the bus .

He learns from mistakes , just like coach Quarles does .

Then he must be suffering from short term memory loss.

Back to back picks on first down after running the ball to midfield?

Come on. I think TFU is spot on in his assessment. dry.gif

They have had the players, but the players have not been put in a position to win.

BTW TFU, it takes more than just GQ to put together a run like UM has had. Those assistants could be head coaches at a LOT of places if they chose to. The staff is a team effort as well. No egos there either.(well maybe 1...NW)

just a hs football observer, with all the talk of Maryville being unable to play with the big boys or just being able to compete week after week because the biigger schools have ????????????? the last Maryville game I attended (Oak ridge) it seemed to me that Maryville had just has many players as they did, considering you have Alcoa Maryville five miles apart and the success they both have year after year I would say its the capital of HS winning football in the state, regardless of class, lets see you win 70+ games in a row, maybe only 50 schools in the whole country thats done that, multiple state champs, win your region every year, put countless into college with scholarships, win with class, and rebuild your program every four years, consider this then maybe Maryville was already a BIG BOY waiting for the chance to show what they could do or just maybe the big boys have met their David.

Farragut wins by 2 or 3 touchdowns. Those kids over at Maryville are in big trouble this week. They will be out coached by Farragut and definitely put classed. Quarels is a terrible coach and has run that program down the toilet. Farragut has a such better history and past than Maryvile, especially in recent years. Maryville has been the laughing stock of East Tennessee football the in the past. So I think this one will not be anywhere close to a ball game.

Farragut-45

Maryville-10

Just wanted you to know that this post ended up on some of the Maryville player's refrigerators. Don't underestimate your part in the Maryville win. :roflolk:

hahaha :roflol: That's just pathetic that the Maryville kids have to use coacht.com for motivation . Thats not a sign of a very well coached football team. Just speaks volumes about this program.

These kids have great pride in their tradition, coaches, and themselves. Finding motivation from those who don't respect that is definitely a sign of good coaching. Pathetic is spewing ignorance and hate for fun.

Coming back from 17 points down against a good team is what speaks volumes for the program. :roflol:

So how exactly did I say they cheated?

So like I said... where did I say they cheated? Last I cheated I am not Kanye West...It'd be nice if you could quote me on it, instead of making a terrible looking picture... Just don't become those DB fans.. They just read things how they want then to "prove" I said something they change the quote... So when you actually find where I said.. that Maryville cheated it would be nice.