Cannon County at Smith County

Guest patriotspy39

"Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" Jim Bouton

That's the funniest thing I've read on here!

Congrats to Coach Schrenk on your awesome year. We're glad you found your way to Cannon County. I think that is a much better fit for you as a coach.....obviously your record (and Northwest's current record) reflect that.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I saw anything tonight I considered classless from the CC fans. There was a horn I wouldn't have minded to see the guy swallow and choke on! LOL In my opinion, SC fans have become a tad complacent and expectant in the last several years. We could take some notes from some of the passionate fans from area teams. Granted, we see a sustained measure of success as a program that some others aren't accustomed, but the SC fans could be more vocal.

I agree. CC had a good number there and were vocal. I didn't see or hear anything "classless". AND about SC fans..............I bet they make more noise at church. A "tad" complacent is a huge understatement. And your right, it's been that way for years. You would think with the success SC has had over the years, the fans would be even more vocal.

Term and imallin,

Y'all better get used to this, IF your program is where you think it is. We may have a game or two in the regular season when the crowd is totally into the game. Other than that, doesn't happen until about the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. I guess it's a price you pay for success.

Nothing really to say that hasn't already been said by true SC fans.

It's not difficult to assess who has been there before. SC fans are complimentary of opposing teams...even when we lose. There has been no excuse making like somebody else we know. You don't see many SC fans get on here after wins and bash the other team. I guess I shouldn't expect any different. Definitely not surprising. Well...the bottom line is...SC still can win the district with a win at York. There's nothing CC can do about that. The only other team that can prevent (besides YAI of course) is LA. If LA beats Dekalb...CC wins the district. I don't think Upperman can beat Dekalb or CC.

You just get on here before the games and bash the other team.

Actually...no I don't.

"Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" Jim Bouton

That's the funniest thing I've read on here!

Congrats to Coach Schrenk on your awesome year. We're glad you found your way to Cannon County. I think that is a much better fit for you as a coach.....obviously your record (and Northwest's current record) reflect that.

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY, I WAS VERY CAUTIOUS ON COACH SCHRENK.... but what he and the D-coordinator have done thsi year is great...but even more the kids are playing better together than any year i have seen in the past...this is truely team ball....great game Lions keep on trucking as (Huff and Puff) would say...

Yes, TEAM ball being the key word. Sounds like your D-coordinator is doing a fantastic job of coaching that part of the game. Glad your team is having a successful year....just don't let Schrenk take the full credit for that....it's those boys that get out there and play the play, on every TEAM. Sometimes these coaches tend to want to shine the brightest. :blush:

I, just like pspy was very critical of the hiring of Coach Schrenk based on his record. I am so glad to say I was wrong on that. He does deserve alot of credit for the job he has done at CAnnon this year. I don't know what he has done,but he has a team that believes in a central vision about where the program can go. He has changed the culture at Cannon Co. and for that I fell he deserves alot of credit along with his staff and the players.

I, just like pspy was very critical of the hiring of Coach Schrenk based on his record. I am so glad to say I was wrong on that. He does deserve alot of credit for the job he has done at CAnnon this year. I don't know what he has done,but he has a team that believes in a central vision about where the program can go. He has changed the culture at Cannon Co. and for that I fell he deserves alot of credit along with his staff and the players.

He did a good job scheming both defensively and offensively

Congrats to CC on the win. You all just out played us in the last 26 min.

The Owls really missed Silva last night. Who knows, SC may be able to look back at this game again as another turning point for the better, just like the Westy game, b/c we may have been a tad overconfident. IMO, this team could still beat anyone besides Alcoa in 3A if they play to their full potential.

GO OWLS!

Great Job Lions! It has been a long time coming. I am proud of those seniors who had to go through 3 coaches in 3 years. They kept working and deserve all they get. CC fans are some of the best around, not classless as some posts indicate. Great win for the entire community. You could see it coming over the last few years with the interest in the program. Good luck the rest of the year!

Great Job Lions! It has been a long time coming. I am proud of those seniors who had to go through 3 coaches in 3 years. They kept working and deserve all they get. CC fans are some of the best around, not classless as some posts indicate. Great win for the entire community. You could see it coming over the last few years with the interest in the program. Good luck the rest of the year!

I don't know...but the one heckling YAI football players in the stands was a little suspect.

I don't know...but the one heckling YAI football players in the stands was a little suspect.

don't follow what you are trying to say...how does york players and heckling get into this, saw players come in??? what was the fan doing???

Was it you? :thumb: CC dude got up and started yelling obsenities at the YAI players. A couple of YAI players just stood up and looked at him. Didn't see the YAI kids do anything to deserve it.

The corner appears to have been turned. Cannon not Carthage :thumb:

Ya think? SC still pretty much controls their own destiny other than relying on Dekalb to beat LA.

Dekalb will be favored in that game...but certainly LA is capable of the upset. If SC beats YAI...then last night won't mean a thing as far as the playoffs are concerned. Those 2 games will determine everthing.