Hampton VS Unaka

dogbreath

I'd like to know who thinks someone said we could beat Alcoa?!?!?!? All he said was to prepare like they were going to PLAY Alcoa. Is that so hard to understand? Everyone knows that if you play Alcoa, the odds are GREAT that you'll lose, no matter WHO you are. We've encountered them in the play-offs before, and it's not normally too pretty. We've beaten them before, in '96 in a first round play-off game theat went down to the wire. It took what has been considered to be the best football team ever at Hampton to do it, and it was by one point. So we know how good Alcoa is every year. As for the original post, I totally agree. Forget how many times you've beaten whatever opponent you're about to play, and prepare to play as hard as you can to win. That's not so hard to grasp, now is it?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I know this is a Hampton/Unaka thread, and I have give my prediction, so barring any more psychotic outbursts this will be my final post. Two teams have beaten Maryville in the last 82 games and Alcoa was one of them, they have won 5 STRAIGHT gold balls, they have a roster with a handful of D-1 players and several other 1-AA and D-2 players, they beat the reigning 4-A state champ from Kentucky by about 40, the most points their defense has given up in a game was to Maryville (24), I mean you could go on forever about these guys, thier resume is unworldly!!! They would beat anybody in 1-A or 2-A by 28, and thats the best teams we could throw at them, some of the other playoff teams would get 90 hung on em, ask Gatlinburg-Pittman. No matter what you want to believe Alcoa would score 70 if Rankin wanted to, and like I said triple digits against anybody else in our region. Look at their schedule and look at yalls and tell me who on their schedule yall could beat, much less manhandle. I know you're all Hampton all the time, but use some common sense man, they wouldn't even break a sweat brother. Now are we ever going to know, i doubt it, but i bet Rankin would be willing to stay in state instead of having to travel to Kentucky or North Carolina if Mike would call and ask him for a game, something to think about, we all know you could help make it happen, then maybe you'd shut me and everybody else up about it, sounds like a plan, put em on the schedule in two years, I'm sure they probably won't be as good as they are this year. :bored:

I don't reckon anyone has stated that Hampton would beat Alcoa, but you say that Alcoa has won 5 straight titles,they sure have and 5 years ago they played Hampton. The score wasn't 70 to 0 and believe it or not, Hampton give them a good game until the second half. This is also the 1st year that Alcoa has beaten Maryville, did it ever cross you're mind that Maryville might not win it all this year, it has mine. Its not even a given that Alcoa will win it all this year.

You wouldn't even give em a game. And yeah those two things are pretty much a given. Classification does matter. Why else would you have classes? I love my team too, but come on Pujo. Use some common sense. ;)

What he crap :roflol:, I write a statement on how hard we need to practice, and everyone goes bat _ _ _ _ crazy :D !!!!There was no where in my post that I said we could beat Alcoa. Certain people on here must be pretty unintelligent, or they just like to start crap. Get back to the topic people Hampton vs Unaka :bored:

Man I can't wait for this game to start. I look foward to this game every year. Because the creekers always say the same old crap every year and then we beat the crap out of them. hahaha I would say that unakas qb will glad to get this game over with, because he is going to get beat to death. I still remember an article in the paper at the first of the season that had a unaka player quote that unakas qb want get sacked especially against Hampton. hahaha That is just to funny, that is some big words that you can't back up. But I say Hampton will name the score in this one.

Hampton 48 Unaka 0

Man I can't wait for this game to start. I look foward to this game every year. Because the creekers always say the same old crap every year and then we beat the crap out of them. hahaha I would say that unakas qb will glad to get this game over with, because he is going to get beat to death. I still remember an article in the paper at the first of the season that had a unaka player quote that unakas qb want get sacked especially against Hampton. hahaha That is just to funny, that is some big words that you can't back up. But I say Hampton will name the score in this one.

Hampton 48 Unaka 0

Now that you mention it, I remember that article. I thought that was a pretty big statement then. I think its even bigger now. Hampton should be chewing at the bits for this one.

Breaking news, we don't have to play Alcoa, whew ,what a relief. It is allright if we prepare like we were going to face them. Its actually real simple. you play every down to the best of you're ability,regardless of who you are playing.

Very well stated. If the the team did that, everything else would take care of itself. Go Dawgs!

Hampton 48 Unaka 0

Now that you mention it, I remember that article. I thought that was a pretty big statement then. I think its even bigger now. Hampton should be chewing at the bits for this one.

I can't for the life of me think why a Unaka player would make a statement like that against a superior team. :roflol: Its going to be total domination. :bored:

I believe Hampton is going to play Unaka Fri. but I wish it was Cosby so we could listen to their coaches cry for weeks that Hampton holds and chopblocks their little 100 lb. boys.

Cosby hasn't cried or complained in 4 defeats as much as yall complained after 1 last year. Bragg all you want about tackling 130 pound freshmen d lineman! They were freshmen , they do weigh about 130 , and you did tackle them all night. But pooch kicking the ball isn't against the rules and YOU whined more about that than I ever have about how bad you guys hold. (which is against the rules) I hope Unaka beats yall , it won't happen but it would be funny. When yall get in the playoffs against a good team with officials that wont let your o line put the d line in a sleeper hold all night your gonna get humbled pretty quick.

Hampton 48 Unaka 0

I would say that Lunsford remembers the artical also, and has reminded the line about it. :thumb: I say they should take this as a challange, and see if they can capitalize on their over confidence. If hampton gets pressure on them the way they did S East it could be a long night for Unaka. If they dont it could be the other way around, or maybe our defensive backs will have alot of ints. I know they break on the ball pretty well :roflol: !!!!