Franklin Rebels (7-1) @ Independence Eagles (5-2)

huskergymnast33

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have no fear Coach T fans, the shotgunner is here. I know that you all missed my posts last week but I didn't really feel like wasting time on such a sub par match-up. A very valid point was made earlier in this post in that who have the Rebels truly faced this year? BGA is turning out to be a formidable opponent although they have a 4-4 record and Ooltewah is a rather good football team but outside of that?????? The 7 teams that Franklin has beaten this year have a combined record of 26 - 27, and 12 of that 26 came from the two KY teams, and we all know how that game went (to further back my point check out the Oakland - Christian County score after they play) Now with that being said, Indy's opponent W/L is even worse with 18 - 20. They did have some close games, beat MBA (minus QB) and handed Columbia its only loss. However, don't forget that it was all Columbia could do to show up for the games in years past when in this region. Now games are not won and lost off opponents records, we all know that and that is why the game is played.

So being that I have now been at a game for both of these schools (several in years past, but one each this year) I am going to tip my hat to the Rebels in this contest. On one condition, run the freaking football. Word on the street is that Dye is out, Ford and Lee have been resting for the last two weeks but should be full force this week.

Dear Franklin Coaches, run the ball. Give it to those two. Thanks, everyone that has any bit of common sense.

The best chance that Indy has is if Webb can't prepare the defense for the pounding from the IHS offense (don't count on that one) but primarily if Clayton starts slinging the rock (you could almost bet on that one like it's a winning horse :roflol: )

So good luck to both of these schools. Huge playoff implications for both teams. I just hope that I can get there in time since there is only that one fantastic entrance, I mean exit, I mean.... whatever. Gotta love Wilco school planning committies. :roflol:

Rebels 30 - Indy 10

To : Indyboss

" a line full of D1 recruits" your total lack of football acumen is certainly showing as there isn't a D1 recruit at any Williamson Co. public school this year.

And you think you know what your talking about? Becuase im pretty sure there is a d1 player in williamson county and do believe theirs a few. For instances linemen on ihs drew kelly and jerome are both getting heavily recruited by D1 colleges. And i do believe RB for bhs coffey is going to an sec school too.

Franklin dosnt need to be disrepectin indy like that puttin stuff on the middle of the feild right on the logo. They dont know whats comin for em tomorow night. Just another thing to make the players even more mad and motivated if they wernt already.

Heard that, just adds fuel to the fire, if they did anything they just hurt themselves and motivate Indy Nation more! Smooth move, Franklin.

Franklin dosnt need to be disrepectin indy like that puttin stuff on the middle of the feild right on the logo. They dont know whats comin for em tomorow night. Just another thing to make the players even more mad and motivated if they wernt already.

This really was a dumb move by franklin, just because they ran all over INDY last year does not mean they can do it again, yes the run defense is down (like usual) but Indy not just the football team but the WHOLE school is ready for this game. Everyone is going to be there, Independence is ready to play, and let's just say Franklin fans will have a tough time leaving the game while all of Independence is celebrating a close close win tomorrow. I say 28-27 Indy!

This really was a dumb move by franklin, just because they ran all over INDY last year does not mean they can do it again, yes the run defense is down (like usual) but Indy not just the football team but the WHOLE school is ready for this game. Everyone is going to be there, Independence is ready to play, and let's just say Franklin fans will have a tough time leaving the game while all of Independence is celebrating a close close win tomorrow. I say 28-27 Indy!

What was the dumb move by franklin? We would like to know? Nothing would surprise me from this staff!!!!

" a line full of D1 recruits" your total lack of football acumen is certainly showing as there isn't a D1 recruit at any Williamson Co. public school this year.

well wilco. im glad you're up to date on your football recruiting magizine. because our d-line grabs about 90% of the letters a week all from d1 schools. im talkin notre dame, ut, georgia and alabama. we have a line of stud juniors and all state senior. with their skills they will dominate the Franky o-line.

thanks for your input though. next time i will consult you before i post something.

well wilco. im glad you're up to date on your football recruiting magizine. because our d-line grabs about 90% of the letters a week all from d1 schools. im talkin notre dame, ut, georgia and alabama. we have a line of stud juniors and all state senior. with their skills they will dominate the Franky o-line.

thanks for your input though. next time i will consult you before i post something.

Now, I have heard some ignorant statements on here before, but this is easily in the top 5.

Run over the o-line? Just like they did to Columbia, right? Indy should have lost that game last week. They played like garbage the whole second half.

Word on the street is that what was painted on the Indy field was self-inflicted. Apparently, it was a work of art and not something FHS students would have the patience to do. I also heard that it was painted by Indy's supporters as a tribute to their field being a burial ground for FHS. Crazy huh! Both sites are trying to use it as motivation. After a couple of plays, no one will be thinking bout anything but knocking heads. I am seeing FHS edging IHS but only if they control the turnover margin.

Wow, pompus ignorance. Just because you recieve a letter from a school does not mean you will be going there. Come back on here and post those comments when any one of those players has a signed scholarship to a division 1-A school.

And Indy, seriously, did you really do that to your own field? I have never seen a school with so many ploys. Flooded locker room, no visitor benches, "White out", and now mark up your own field. What are you going to do next year, paint the visitor locker room pink? Whatever happened to just winning the game on the field and just playing the game?!?!?!

I love how the Indy nation is counting out the Rebels for tonight. Keep it coming. Better be ready Rebels, big game tonight. :thumb: