Dobyns-Bennett vs David Crockett

BatmanDB

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack, did Devaun play against our freshmen last week?

Yes ............and who is the #10 for South?

Jake Weaver.

Volman

if I'm not mistaken didn't he start for the jv the other night?

He's got pretty good size & form just didnt have muchtime to throw.

SS JV overall had good size

He plays RB on the freshman team but did play some QB for the JV. I don't think he started at QB in the JV game though. He's getting some practice time with the varsity. He's a big strong kid. Gonna be a good one for us.

He plays RB on the freshman team but did play some QB for the JV. I don't think he started at QB in the JV game though. He's getting some practice time with the varsity. He's a big strong kid. Gonna be a good one for us.

I'm a little leery of that whole situation. However, he probably will be a fine player. Where and for how long is the question. Maybe someone can expand on an appropriate thread.

I'm a little leery of that whole situation. However, he probably will be a fine player. Where and for how long is the question. Maybe someone can expand on an appropriate thread.

Sounds like you are implying he is considering transferring to DB. I understand Volman has the inside scoop on this one...unless you are even closer. Can you elaborate jhilts?

Sounds like you are implying he is considering transferring to DB. I understand Volman has the inside scoop on this one...unless you are even closer. Can you elaborate jhilts?

I imply no such thing. Just know a little history. Heck, they'll all probably be at DB by his Junior/Senior year.

Don't intend to hijack this thread, I was just asking Jack about the freshman game that he mentioned earlier. As for the Weaver kid, I don't think jhilts was implying a transfer at all Comp. Correct me if I'm wrong jhilts, but I'd guess he was referring to personality issues as well as his position. You see, JW is an "outsider". He didn't earn his stripes through the system of either middle school. The whole family is a bit different. The situation is a bit easier seeing as how he came in as a freshman rather than a soph-senior though. I think it will work itself out. Some toes are being stepped on I'm sure, but the kid is a player no doubt. Some have a hard time of relinquishing the title of "middle school stud". They will learn or else. I say give the kid a shot and if he's better, then so be it. I think he's being given a shot and is earning his stripes. He must be impressing others as well or Jack wouldn't have asked about him?? IMHO, he's the best of the freshmen crop. And we have a good freshman crop.

What happen to the dc vs db thread guys well this is what thread i thought this was anyway.................SUmo n Sensabaugh will be a clash of titians. I believe both runners go over 100 yrads rushing......WHo ever can slow down the run will win this game....DB having more depth is a factor because the starter for Dc will have to be tried before the game will get out of control....DB 24 DC 14

What happen to the dc vs db thread guys well this is what thread i thought this was anyway.................SUmo n Sensabaugh will be a clash of titians. I believe both runners go over 100 yrads rushing......WHo ever can slow down the run will win this game....DB having more depth is a factor because the starter for Dc will have to be tried before the game will get out of control....DB 24 DC 14

I don't think Sensabaugh will be playing Friday night. And DB probably has more playing both ways than does Crockett. I just hope its dry come game time.