Beech vs Gallatin

wideright00

Wow, I never anticipated this much trash talking when I opened this thread. It is almost like we are back in Region 5-5A with all those "classy" metro teams :flower: 20-2 all time... can you even call that a rivalry? Looks more like the neighbors to the north own the Bucs to me. As far as wins, tradition, and class goes, Gallatin had all that long before Hendersonville decided to put a farm team together in Shackle Island and call them the Bucs :roflolk: GoldDust, when you say Gallatin will quit, do you mean like when R.J. Medows put the ball on the ground on the 1 yard line to give the win the the Wave back in 2002? Just curious :thumb:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin, Beech, and Hendersonville each have a wonderful tradition at their schools. Each are great rivals with one another, and each have great football programs. Can't wait to see how this game ends up, these next 3 weeks will determine which 2 schools out of the 3 will make it to the playoffs(if my knowledge on the new classification is correct). Beech has imho, 3 out of 4 of their toughest opponents coming here in the last 3 weeks(Smyra being the 4th). But nevertheless, they will be prepared for each game.

24 - 21 with Beech coming out on top. Good luck to both teams.

I have to say it.... Go Commandos!

Gallatin Freshmen win 10-6 over Beech tonight. If tomorrow's weather is anything like tonight all fans should dress very warm. Hot chocolate may have to be on the agenda as well.

The Gallatin and Beech freshman game was a good one...Gallatins freshman team played their best game of the year against a very good and tallented buc team...Looks like the bucs has some very good tallent for the next couple of years ...Great size too...I was also impressed with the play of the second string QB from Gallatin Kyle Galyon and RB Caleb Robb...Congrad's to the Freshman wave >

Gonna be some good cold damp football weather tonight.

By looking at the individual stats these two teams are very similar. This is going to be a good game my friends neither team will back down. Beech and Gallatin are both playing younger players and both have some good skill people. Gallatin may have an advantage on size but Beech has a lot of grit and fight. Like I said before I overlooked the Bucs early on but this game looms huge tonight for playoff implications. I bet with the field conditions, Beech runs straight at us. I forsee a lot of inside running and using the pass as a second offensive weapon. Special teams are going to be big as well, both are leaders in that category in the return game. Lassiter gave Beech huge props on being fundamentally sound in the kicking game on the radio. He said they have the best coverage team he has seen. Anyway I expect this to be a very exciting game and hopefully a big crowd will brave the cooler temps and show.

Very questionable fumble call at the goal line ended up being the difference in the game. Beech runner's progress is stopped, side judge is running in to spot the ball waving his arms when the ball was stripped. All the refs give each other that ol "I didn't see it , did you?" look, and give the ball to Gallatin. Oh well, Gallatin is a good team and Beech is better than I thought. It should be fun next year with 18 starters returning.

From an unbiased observer, (Mt. Juliet alum) I chose to watch this game because I knew it would be more competitive that MJ/SC. To say the least, I was surprised. Beech is a MUCH better team than I thought, and a significantly better team than Gallatin. The penalty count was 15-1, and thats not yards. 15 calls against Beech, 1 against Gallatin. A personal foul call on a good block that ended Beech's winning drive that followed an unknown call that nullified the tying score for Beech from 60 yards out. One ref called it false start (which should have blown the play dead) and the main official called it illegal shift. Weird...Beech also dropped a td in the endzone and 2 passes on 3rd down that would have extended drives. Beech manhandled Gallatin and Gallatin played better (I thought, especially on D) than they did against MJ. Beech is a scary team, especially being so young.

What was up with Beech's playcalling? Several fullback runs on 3rd and long and another one on 4th and 9. THAT was the difference in the ballgame....apart from what seemed to be one-sided officiating and wet conditions that caused so many drop balls.

That fumble on the goal line was probably the most ridiculous call I have seen in a while. What ever happened to forward progress? HE WAS IN THE ENDZONE!

Go Bears!

From an unbiased observer, (Mt. Juliet alum) I chose to watch this game because I knew it would be more competitive that MJ/SC. To say the least, I was surprised. Beech is a MUCH better team than I thought, and a significantly better team than Gallatin. The penalty count was 15-1, and thats not yards. 15 calls against Beech, 1 against Gallatin. A personal foul call on a good block that ended Beech's winning drive that followed an unknown call that nullified the tying score for Beech from 60 yards out. One ref called it false start (which should have blown the play dead) and the main official called it illegal shift. Weird...Beech also dropped a td in the endzone and 2 passes on 3rd down that would have extended drives. Beech manhandled Gallatin and Gallatin played better (I thought, especially on D) than they did against MJ. Beech is a scary team, especially being so young.

What was up with Beech's playcalling? Several fullback runs on 3rd and long and another one on 4th and 9. THAT was the difference in the ballgame....apart from what seemed to be one-sided officiating and wet conditions that caused so many drop balls.

That fumble on the goal line was probably the most ridiculous call I have seen in a while. What ever happened to forward progress? HE WAS IN THE ENDZONE!

Go Bears!

Marked, I tried to think back after the game, and the only penalty I could come up with on Gallatin was the play after the phantom fumble when Gallatin lined up offsides. I think it cost them a yard. That was the only one I could remember. That was a phantom personal foul call after a nice run that cost Beech the yardage plus the down. Also a phantom block in the back on a punt return. And I'm not quite sure how Beech got an unsportsmanlike before the second half ever started. :roflol: The call on the td was a good call. Beech's wingback was leaning when the ball was snapped. I guess Elmer Fudd just couldn't figure out what to call it.

Having watched Beech all year, my only question concerning play calling is why doesn't 21 and 24 carry the ball 75% of the time? Hamer and Sites are horses. Why don't you ride them?

It seems typical that some of you guys would get on here and point out all of the excuses/reasons why Beech lost the football game. The ball did start to come out before the Beech RB crossed the goalline. The kid lost it trying to fight his way in. It was not some sort of phantom fumble call. Beech had their chance in this game. Gallatin turned the ball over 4 times themselves.

The unsportsmanlike penalty that was called to start the 2nd half was because Beech did not come out on the field and warm up before the 2nd half. There is some rule about having to be out on the field at least a few minutes before the 2nd half begins.