Science Hill vs Dobyns-Bennett

Not to change your DB convo, but the JC Press had an interesting quote for the JC fans and their head coach "Time for a change, and change will come after the game ends"

Last year, or will he get another try?

If he wins this game he'll get a new car and a heafty raise. If he looses it he'll be writeing a new book.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the SH-South replay last night. The Hill kinda just packed it in after the HB pass right before half. Smith has lost this team..shame some really good players without any direction.

DB is just to well coached to lose this one. If i were SH i would start taking applications because this team has gone steadily down hill since the start of the season.

DB...28

SH...7

You are a real classy guy WACO

not a problem with your opinions - it's your attitude

By the way - my comments were for 1pitbullman not you

I agree with alot of your comments (and one made by 1pitbullman), the middle school and the A/D

A good feeder system is very important

Alot of good atheletes are not playing because of this

And the ones that do play are not ready for 6A football when they reach DB

DB also neeeds a first class weight training program if they want to compete

I also agree with the comments you made about the players attitude

Not sure why the desire is not there every game

DB sports are very important to the city and to the educational process at DB

This seems to have been lost somewhere in the last few years

Until the coaches get the support they need I don't know how all the problems can be fixed

I think the future is pretty bright for Dobyns Bennett football.I'm telling you guys,a play or two this year and this team would have been 6-2.That's playing six of the states highest ranked teams.Sure,a few are much better then a couple that are ranked,but not a pie schedule for a rebuilding team.Let's talk state championships.The only championships DB ever won were voted on before the seventies.That's not saying those teams could have been beat in a playoff.I'm saying that the coach in place would have won a few just the same,and you only have to go back until "LAST YEAR'' to have gotten one.The freshman class is loaded and there are some great 8th graders coming up as well.No other coach in DB history has won three games in one playoff season"EVER".This is just my opinion,and I could give a tinkers dahm myself what anyone thinks.We all want DB to win every game,and when a team ever breaks through and takes it all for the Tribe,I will be just as happy being a parent of an Indian as when the Devils get it done in the future for people like me that couldn't reach those heights.Roll Tribe

You are a real classy guy WACO

not a problem with your opinions - it's your attitude

By the way - my comments were for 1pitbullman not you

I agree with alot of your comments (and one made by 1pitbullman), the middle school and the A/D

A good feeder system is very important

Alot of good atheletes are not playing because of this

And the ones that do play are not ready for 6A football when they reach DB

DB also neeeds a first class weight training program if they want to compete

I also agree with the comments you made about the players attitude

Not sure why the desire is not there every game

DB sports are very important to the city and to the educational process at DB

This seems to have been lost somewhere in the last few years

Until the coaches get the support they need I don't know how all the problems can be fixed

You may be going to far to label me a "real classy guy". Im probably middle of the road in that department. The "attitude" is added to get people to notice or "wake up". Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Im glad to here that you agree with me and 75% (and growing) of DB fans that we have problems that need to be fixed. Those problems must be fixed if we ever want to become a state championship contender.

I think the future is pretty bright for Dobyns Bennett football.I'm telling you guys,a play or two this year and this team would have been 6-2.That's playing six of the states highest ranked teams.Sure,a few are much better then a couple that are ranked,but not a pie schedule for a rebuilding team.Let's talk state championships.The only championships DB ever won were voted on before the seventies.That's not saying those teams could have been beat in a playoff.I'm saying that the coach in place would have won a few just the same,and you only have to go back until "LAST YEAR'' to have gotten one.The freshman class is loaded and there are some great 8th graders coming up as well.No other coach in DB history has won three games in one playoff season"EVER".This is just my opinion,and I could give a tinkers dahm myself what anyone thinks.We all want DB to win every game,and when a team ever breaks through and takes it all for the Tribe,I will be just as happy being a parent of an Indian as when the Devils get it done in the future for people like me that couldn't reach those heights.Roll Tribe

Do you wear diapers? :roll:

Do you wear diapers? :thumb:

We may both be wearing them before everyone agrees 100% with you :bored:

#1- DB has no feeder program

#2 - Go to the DB games and see the support

#3 Look at the record compiled by GC, much better than a "good enough" coach

You obviously do not go to any DB practices or you would know who the quality assistants are

"buddy buddy " etc. What an idiot - sound a little jealous

#4 Agree

#5 Agree

#6 Jealousy again?

The coaching staff at DB put more time and effort in then any staff in the area. Sometimes football talent comes and goes in cycles. Obviously, DB is in a down cycle.

It amazes me to read the posts by people who "think" they know football. Most of those who rip the DB program probably never wore the maroon and gray and if they did they should be ashamed

This is high school football, and the players are kids. They do make mistakes, but this happens when you do not have a very talented team. I am sure their confidence is at zero.

IN a couple of years when the talent is back, I quess the posts will be different.

If you never put on the maroon and gray and left it all on the field for DB you ought to keep you mouth shut

Hey careful there Obama. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. And besides the talent has been there many times (like last year). What happened against McMinn Co.? You know, since you are all knowing. Explain that one to us. :bored:

Thanks for missing me Waco. In addition, thanks for giving me a reason to come out of retirement after a whopping 10 posts or so. I consulted with my cabinet, and our findings support my decision to step down from the coach t affiliation.(Bigger fish to fry) However, I can't recall any of my former posts being of this nature(with the exception of my one reply to KK-Kompusatman), but Oh well, you tried.

I agree with you though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and most if not all of the ones here do not matter in the big scheme of things. But to answer your question since I am "All Knowing" what happened last year against McMinn Co? Chris had 200+yds in the first half, and the game was well under control, he unfortunately gets injured, therefore unable to return in the 2nd half... and there you have it. It's not rocket science. We obviously did not have enough talent. So, although you were not posing that to me, I still don't see your point?

But anyway, thanks for all of your countless hours of research and reporting on here. Maybe it will pay off one day.