Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you Pirate fans need a reminder that you CAN be beat. The only place you're invincible is in your heads.

Fri Oct. 9 Boyd Buchanan-20 South Pitt-12

We are beatable but remember Terrell did not play in that game and everybody knows that our offense goes through him cause he can run it or throw it and has made good decesions this year :roflol:

I always thought football was played with 11 on each side? So since he didn't play, no one took his place? Or are you stating that the guy who took his place wasn't any good?

Pretty sad indictment from a Pirate fan who thinks it's all about one person. :roflol:

Just be glad Terrell did not play with the remainder of the team 2 weeks ago. I quoted on the Boyd board well before the game that the only chance the Bucs had was if Terrell did not show up. That unfortunately came true but the remainder of the team still almost beat BB anyway. It is a team that wins and loses together. Take the best player off any team and I guarantee you under the circumstances they would struggle as well. Just keep running that mouth...it will be silenced by either Friendship Christian or Trousdale Co.

I have looked at south pitts schedule. Don't see the big teams on it, Except Boyd which is 2nd in 2A. And they lost to them. Signal Mountain is 6th., which would be about the same as McMinn Central 8th. Cascade is 10th in 2A, but that has already been stated that they do not count, because Tellico lost to "a very average" Harriman which is 10th in 1A. And what does the rain really matter if your a powerhouse team? Shouldn't you be able to play in all weather. Good luck and injury free to both teams. And I'll tell you who wins after the game friday, because I don't know.

Polk would struggle with Signal Mtn, Marion Co, and Boyd so don't act like ya'll have played any powerhouse teams. The Pirate beatdown is coming...I just hope those wildcats can recover after the beating they will take Friday night....Pirates by at least 3 or 4 tds.

I was looking at Murphy Fair book a little while ago trying to refresh my memory. These Polk boys are big and strong. SP better be ready for a big fight or they will get beat. You think Im joking because im not. I hope Grider has got the boys lifting weights this afternoon to make them bigger and stronger for the game on Friday. These weights make our boys strong and being strong will help them win. You think thats a joke too dont you but its not. Those Polk boys will do a good job of knocking a few holes in that defense of SP but SP boys will knock some holes too. Murphy says that Davis coach is a good coach and he makes those boys play hard.. According to Murphy he has a real good record. The boys better be ready for this game I aint kidding these big ole boys at Polk will knock the Poop out of our boys if they dont hit them real hard this week. Let me ask you a question. Someone told me that Grider had been working on that offense they use to run last year. They said it was going to rain so Grider was going to run that offense he was running the other year when SP won the state. I dont care what the boys run as long as they knock holes for the runners to run through.

Yep, that is right ROY....We are completely abandoning the shotgun and going back to the wingT just for Friday night so we can confuse Polk :roflol: NOT!!!!Or are we?????? :roflol:

After watching the Polk videos once again, I noticed the passes that were completed hung in the air a bit, and the poor defenders from the other teams could not even intercept them. I am telling you now, you will not get any of those passes over or around T. Robinson, M. Jones, or A. Chubb. You also forget we ran the wing T for a few years and was very successful with it. Our Junior High team runs the wing T and is VERY successful with it. We know how to read the blocking assignments, and on top of that, we have unbelievable speed.

OP and KL crack me up. Almost like a father/son combination. One minute OP is saying the game won't even be close then the next minute he plays conservative. OP's favorite coach is probably Spurrier too. KL claims he graduated in 1989, and leaves at half-time during SP's blowouts (nice support from a fan that seems to know so much about the players attitudes). I will be eating at the Dixie Freeze before the game KL, so you better not sit above me :roflol:

After watching the Polk videos once again, I noticed the passes that were completed hung in the air a bit, and the poor defenders from the other teams could not even intercept them. I am telling you now, you will not get any of those passes over or around T. Robinson, M. Jones, or A. Chubb. You also forget we ran the wing T for a few years and was very successful with it. Our Junior High team runs the wing T and is VERY successful with it. We know how to read the blocking assignments, and on top of that, we have unbelievable speed.

OP and KL crack me up. Almost like a father/son combination. One minute OP is saying the game won't even be close then the next minute he plays conservative. OP's favorite coach is probably Spurrier too. KL claims he graduated in 1989, and leaves at half-time during SP's blowouts (nice support from a fan that seems to know so much about the players attitudes). I will be eating at the Dixie Freeze before the game KL, so you better not sit above me :roflol:

Old Pirate says Skillet Head Mike is obviously confused again..............................OP has NEVER or even indicated this game would not be close. Recon SHM must be off some meds, anyhow the weather is suppose to be terrible FryDay nite and perhaps a Thursday or Saturday might be better for everyone..except the Wildcats and you Tenn Vol fans that are hoping for a miracle. Sure woulds like to see a heep of under center snaps ifin it is rainy.

Old Pirate says Skillet Head Mike is obviously confused again..............................OP has NEVER or even indicated this game would not be close. Recon SHM must be off some meds, anyhow the weather is suppose to be terrible FryDay nite and perhaps a Thursday night game might be better for everyone..except the Wildcats. Sure woulds like to see a heep of under center snaps ifin it is rainy.

I left out a few words. I wasn't referring to this game I was referring to other games. The way you make it sound all other pirate fans, except you and KL, believe we are unbeatable regardless of a great opponent or weak opponent. You are obviously not on here to make friends, or you would give up your identity, so why be nice. In back of that metal plated head of yours (from so many skillet attacks), I know you feel the same way we do. When I compete, I believe my confidence in my abilities keeps me focused. If, at any time, I start to doubt myself, then I feel like I am losing control of the outcome. As a fan, I feel confident in these kids abilities. I hope these kids feel confident as well, and realize through focus, determination, and confidence... they will control the outcome as well.

So if I appear to sound like we are unbeatable, well, it is only because I know we can and should be. If we did not have any great athletes, then I might be a little more conservative like yourself.

OP and KL crack me up. Almost like a father/son combination. One minute OP is saying the game won't even be close then the next minute he plays conservative. OP's favorite coach is probably Spurrier too. KL claims he graduated in 1989, and leaves at half-time during SP's blowouts (nice support from a fan that seems to know so much about the players attitudes). I will be eating at the Dixie Freeze before the game KL, so you better not sit above me :D

PM, KL is just realistic. KL has all the confidence in the world in these guys, but also just has respect for opponents. KL was just saying that you and others just like to see how bad you can make other opponents look. I figured you would eat next door at Harvey's and get one of those nice big cheeseburgers like Pirate Tom does. Man, I don't know what Harvey puts in Pirate Tom's burger, but man can he let off an aroma up there in the stands. It has ruined KL's sense of smell. :roflol:

OP and KL crack me up. Almost like a father/son combination. One minute OP is saying the game won't even be close then the next minute he plays conservative. OP's favorite coach is probably Spurrier too. KL claims he graduated in 1989, and leaves at half-time during SP's blowouts (nice support from a fan that seems to know so much about the players attitudes). I will be eating at the Dixie Freeze before the game KL, so you better not sit above me :D

Old Pirate says Skillet Head Mike is obviously confused again..............................OP has NEVER or even indicated this game would not be close. Recon SHM must be off some meds, anyhow the weather is suppose to be terrible FryDay nite and perhaps a Thursday or Saturday game might be better for everyone..except the Wildcats and you Tenn Vol fans that are hoping for a miracle. Sure woulds like to see a heep of under center snaps ifin it is rainy.

I left out a few words. I wasn't referring to this game I was referring to other games. The way you make it sound all other pirate fans, except you and KL, believe we are unbeatable regardless of a great opponent or weak opponent. You are obviously not on here to make friends, or you would give up your identity, so why be nice. In back of that metal plated head of yours (from so many skillet attacks), I know you feel the same way we do. When I compete, I believe my confidence in my abilities keeps me focused. If, at any time, I start to doubt myself, then I feel like I am losing control of the outcome. As a fan, I feel confident in these kids abilities. I hope these kids feel confident as well, and realize through focus, determination, and confidence... they will control the outcome as well.

So if I appear to sound like we are unbeatable, well, it is only because I know we can and should be. If we did not have any great athletes, then I might be a little more conservative like yourself.

:roflol: Yous proved OP's point about being confused.

Old Pirate says confidence is great.....but yapping like some Taco Bell Cha-wa-wa on steriods about mercy ruling everyone don't help the players or coaches preparation. You speak of focus........do you think the players have an easy time staying focused when all they hear is another mercy rule? The Pirates have a good team and bet the house Polk is more than good enough to beat the Pirates if they fail to prepare properly. The Grunt stated in a post too much individual praise can become disruptive to the team concept.

Rain does not matter your right...Might affect footing or what you might normally call but it should not affect the outcome :roflol: I am ready for this game to start because I am curious to see if Polk can run on us or if they can stop our offense...should be fun

I agree, I'm ready for it to start too. This should answer a lot of questions for both teams going into the playoffs. By the way how does everyone think the passing game will be for both sides?