Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

Extra Points have been improving though.....exception for one kick last week...more consistent this year than in years past though I think :D

It couldn't get worse than a couple of those games though! :roflol: However, averaging 1 missed PAT every game is scary going into games against teams like TC, Boyd, Jasper, Polk C. etc.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please everyone from Polk make the trip down to SP. The rain by all the model's I have seen is suppose to be out of here in SP by about 4 or 5 oclock so yea it will be wet but will not or should not be raining during the game. Bring something nice to sit on. Our field is in great shape so will take a lot of water. At least the players on the field want be having to wade through it. Should be an interesting game. Last time I checked both side's of the 50 on our field get as much rain as the other side. No excuses!! Let's get it on!!!

Extra Points have been improving though.....exception for one kick last week...more consistent this year than in years past though I think :D

It couldn't get worse than a couple of those games though! :roflol: However, averaging 1 missed PAT every game is scary going into games against teams like TC, Boyd, Jasper, Polk C. etc.

We do not play TC or Boyd anymore in the playoffs...they are in 2A

We do not play TC or Boyd anymore in the playoffs...they are in 2A

Where did I say anything about the playoffs. I said when playing teams like them. I listened to them on the radio shank and extra point against Boyd the other day in the monsoon. The extra point changed the dynamics of that game late. As far as TC goes, I have kept tabs on them since they were raising cane in AA in the 70s playoffs and made their come back as a power in A and 1A and 3A and expect they will in the new 2a. All that said, this team isn't undefeated and misses PAT EVERY game. They did last year as well including the 3rd round against T.C. last year.

Furthermore, they are playing three of the aforementioned teams in the regular season even though I stated "teams like" . . .

Edit: Don't get me started on how many big games of historic proportions S.P.H.S. has blown over the decades due to missed FG or shanked PATs.

Furthermore, they are playing three of the aforementioned teams in the regular season even though I stated "teams like" . . .

Edit: Don't get me started on how many big games of historic proportions S.P.H.S. has blown over the decades due to missed FG or shanked PATs.

There's been just a few that I can remember but if you know a lot more please enlighten us. We havent's lost to many games in the last 10 years like some other programs have to extra points. I do agree one part with you though. We are way to incosistant with xp's and against most team's we play it want matter but tomorrow night's game and the playoff's you can't get around missing easy point's like that.. I wish we could get one of those exchange students that North Jackson has!!!

Gotta love this powerp guy. Hear me when I say lets have a safe game,but-when I helped coach some of these kids in little league,the ambulance came more than once.hard hitten ? They ain't got no softer.Anywho,we didn't want a gimme in little league an' we don't want one now.You can talk stats,strength of schedule,1a,2a,3a,etc. Friday will be the GAME baby! When we played the youngin's,all we wanted was Loudon,the strongest best program in our league for years.Still a good program.That was the one we wanted.Years ago it was "-Who s Polk ?" NOW they say-"THATS! Polk".Same today fellers.We want the best,so don't let us down.These boys been together for goin' on twelve,or thirteen years.Ain't won 'em all,but the teams we played knew they played some hard hitters.powerp,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, gitcha popcorn ready...........(Charlie?,,,what times the gate open ?,plan on being the first one in 'cause them stands on our side'l be groanin') :D

Gotta love this powerp guy. Hear me when I say lets have a safe game,but-when I helped coach some of these kids in little league,the ambulance came more than once.hard hitten ? They ain't got no softer.Anywho,we didn't want a gimme in little league an' we don't want one now.You can talk stats,strength of schedule,1a,2a,3a,etc. Friday will be the GAME baby! When we played the youngin's,all we wanted was Loudon,the strongest best program in our league for years.Still a good program.That was the one we wanted.Years ago it was "-Who s Polk ?" NOW they say-"THATS! Polk".Same today fellers.We want the best,so don't let us down.These boys been together for goin' on twelve,or thirteen years.Ain't won 'em all,but the teams we played knew they played some hard hitters.powerp,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, gitcha popcorn ready...........(Charlie?,,,what times the gate open ?,plan on being the first one in 'cause them stands on our side'l be groanin') :roflol:

Who are ya T.O.? I am ready and waiting :D lol I just HOPE to see a good game...Yea, I get on here and trash talk more than others, but everyone does it...just not as much as me :D You better get your popcorn ready because I am predicting those pirates to be HUNGRY tomorrow night with a home field throughout the playoffs on the line :lol:

well you people for sp talking about the kicking now..well from all the talking you been doin i wouldve figured you didnt have a kicker cause you was to good and scored every time you had a possession...

now backing up the kicking game...here at central our kicker Jamin Godfrey (sec recruit (long-52) well he did play soccer his whole life but gave it up after he started kicking a football and well did i mention he runs a (4.3-40 and won the area kick,punt, and 50 yard dash comp. in which only wr,db,and rb's entered but a kicker won) and he also plays def.end,rb,and wr...so dont go dissing any kicking game just cause you aint got one...

Now you may just be in trouble with the rain cause thats all polk has played on so be ready...and you better hope t.r. can keep his feet under em..

You think SP has not played in rain? Alot of our games have been played on a wet field....and we have not had a consistent kicker since Mike Jackson in '99' I believe...I think he made something like ten extra points in a row in one game or something which is some kind of record I believe....But, Mike was good becaue he worked at it continuously, Matter of fact, I think that is the last time the pirates ever attempted a field goal...