Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

Furthermore, they are playing three of the aforementioned teams in the regular season even though I stated "teams like" . . .

Edit: Don't get me started on how many big games of historic proportions S.P.H.S. has blown over the decades due to missed FG or shanked PATs.

There's been just a few that I can remember but if you know a lot more please enlighten us. We havent's lost to many games in the last 10 years like some other programs have to extra points. I do agree one part with you though. We are way to incosistant with xp's and against most team's we play it want matter but tomorrow night's game and the playoff's you can't get around missing easy point's like that.. I wish we could get one of those exchange students that North Jackson has!!!

A missed PAT keep the Pirates out of the Playoffs in 1980. They lost the last game of the season to Jasper and that game was for the District Championship. Only district champions made the playoffs then. Pirates lost that 7-6. The Pirates had beat 2 or 3 playoff teams in the regular season. In 1993 they lost at home in a close game with T.C. in the semi-finals by a field goal. Last year against TC in the 3rd round, PAT were an issue in a lost close game. Go back and think about what I said. I said big games. They missed to PAT against Boyd in the rival game 2 weeks ago. Granted, its the close games these things are a problem in. The point I'm making is many in S.P. have had their head in the sand about the kicking game. Its one of those "New" Pirate traditions. SP used to miss an occasional PAT in the 70s & 80s but it is gotten to the point in the past 10 or so years that it is EVERY game. The reason we've gotten away with it is so many of the old SVC schools aren't as competitive as they were in the 60s, 70s, 80s and even early 90s.

At least 2 People including Old Pirate have given a prediction of SP 35-14 in this game. They need to revise that to 34-14. On a dry field, that's the score I'm going with.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furthermore, they are playing three of the aforementioned teams in the regular season even though I stated "teams like" . . .

Edit: Don't get me started on how many big games of historic proportions S.P.H.S. has blown over the decades due to missed FG or shanked PATs.

There's been just a few that I can remember but if you know a lot more please enlighten us. We havent's lost to many games in the last 10 years like some other programs have to extra points. I do agree one part with you though. We are way to incosistant with xp's and against most team's we play it want matter but tomorrow night's game and the playoff's you can't get around missing easy point's like that.. I wish we could get one of those exchange students that North Jackson has!!!

A missed PAT keep the Pirates out of the Playoffs in 1980. They lost the last game of the season to Jasper and that game was for the District Championship. Only district champions made the playoffs then. Pirates lost that 7-6. The Pirates had beat 2 or 3 playoff teams in the regular season. In 1993 they lost at home in a close game with T.C. in the semi-finals by a field goal. Last year against TC in the 3rd round, PAT were an issue in a lost close game. Go back and think about what I said. I said big games. They missed to PAT against Boyd in the rival game 2 weeks ago. Granted, its the close games these things are a problem in. The point I'm making is many in S.P. have had their head in the sand about the kicking game. Its one of those "New" Pirate traditions. SP used to miss an occasional PAT in the 70s & 80s but it is gotten to the point in the past 10 or so years that it is EVERY game. The reason we've gotten away with it is so many of the old SVC schools aren't as competitive as they were in the 60s, 70s, 80s and even early 90s.

At least 2 People including Old Pirate have given a prediction of SP 35-14 in this game. They need to revise that to 34-14. On a dry field, that's the score I'm going with.

:thumb: Old Pirate was being a tad hopeful rlh. Least ways you make some good points, but them extra point problems goes a lot further back that yous mentioned. May want to ask ole great grand pappy about some back-n-the day. :D

"We could definitily compete with Alcoa! Beating them I do not know but we could for sure compete"

powerp,

Alcoa is always looking for someone to play them. They really have a hard time filling their schedule. Get your AD to contact Rankin and set it up, it's a game I would love to see!

As far as being able to compete with Alcoa; I have always appreciated the So. Pitt program, but Alcoa plays at a whole different level. Just ask the folks at Smith Co., Whitehouse and Goodpasture about playing Alcoa.

Again, I respect your program, but the only way you can know how you match up is to play them. Step up and make the call!

Weather update as of 11:37.. A small shower just went by for about 10 minutes. You know we'll play wet or dry. I know the Polk people want it wet and our speedburners want it dry.. Thought I'd just give you all a weather update from time to time.

Does rain make slow players fast????? Does it make fast players slow??????? Or does it make slow players slower??????

Weather update as of 11:37.. A small shower just went by for about 10 minutes. You know we'll play wet or dry. I know the Polk people want it wet and our speedburners want it dry.. Thought I'd just give you all a weather update from time to time.

Does rain make slow players fast????? Does it make fast players slow??????? Or does it make slow players slower??????

Things that make you HHUUMMMMM

Yep its all blue skies outside here over beene stadium right now....looks like great weather tonight.....Here comes the Pirates down the scooting down the field :angry: I wish our announcer would please quit calling Malcom Jones #21...Robinson! I know him an Robert our step brothers and that may get him confused but come on now :D

"The area team with the easiest bracket appears to be top-ranked South Pittsburg in 1A. If the Pirates win out, they will have a first-round bye and will host throughout the playoffs. Add to that, only one potential postseason opponent in the East bracket currently has more than six wins."-Stephen Hargis

Look's like the road to Cookeville is not too tough! :angry: