Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

Charger, calm down... the ol ticker gonna get ya.. first of all THIS PIRATE team hasnt scrimmaged Mcminn Central that i know of.. as far as Alcoa goes and marryville.. who cares dude we have 40 something players and 200 in the whole school...but i do believe this u take 22 of there players against 22 of ours we will play with anyone..in Tennessee...might not beat them but they will wake up sore and and alot more respect for a single A team sat morning.. I have but one question for polk and Mcminn fan's.... Is a Single A Team supposed to be able to beat and # 3 Ranked 3 A Team????????please inlightin me and carefull with your answer!! as ive said its Tradition.. from the 7th grade to the 12th we have 200 or so student's... and from the 7th grade to the 12th grade our record in the last 8 years or so is out of sight. the 7th and 8th grade alone are 59-1 the SPHS has lost maybe 8 or 9 Games in 8 years add up the wins and losses. id say close to 140 or so and 10. not bad for a little ol tradition rich Single A Team. " bam chica bam bam"

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PP,

Well if by competing (this year), you mean keep it within 3-4 touchdowns, then yeah, I'd say you could compete. I've stated my thoughts on these types of matters in the past. I'm sure some to the SP nation remembers. Won't go into it here. Another topic for another thread. GO GET 'EM PIRATES!!!

Tonight might not be the night the pirate ship gets sunk but i cannot wait until the day it does. Im sure a few of you pirates think you would mercy rule Alcoa.... and a few more probably think you would have a chance to beat the University of Alabama. Hello you dominate the smallest classification in Tennessee High School Football!!!!!! You dont play in the NFC but i'm sure some of you arrogant fans think you compete in that also. I'm not a fan of either team but after keeping up with the threads the last few days i must say GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!

Do I since some jealousy?

Jealous of what???? you should sit with geno tonight and soak up some knowledge. he seems to be a SP fan that has quite a bit of sense.

in my opinion no, thats why i called it an upset in my eyes in the previous post...ill give credit where credit is due terrel is a very good athlete and will have a good college career at utc if thats where he goes along with a few more players ive heard about, but i just think that jared, christian, and the others from polk are just to good of a team this year...

it like this is a 3a team suppose to beable to beat a 5a team no but we did...so make no mistake about it im not sayin its not possible im just sayin that polk county is 5x better than what they have been in the past, but thats once again why i said i would call it a upset for a 1a to beat a 3a.

is t.r. goin as qb or an athlete because from what i learned utc also got the qb's from McMinn and McMinn Central but rayle from central is goin as a safety and linebacker...

also were mcminn central not mcminn there is kind of a pride thing there with the cross creek rivalry...

in my opinion no, thats why i called it an upset in my eyes in the previous post...ill give credit where credit is due terrel is a very good athlete and will have a good college career at utc if thats where he goes along with a few more players ive heard about, but i just think that jared, christian, and the others from polk are just to good of a team this year...

it like this is a 3a team suppose to beable to beat a 5a team no but we did...so make no mistake about it im not sayin its not possible im just sayin that polk county is 5x better than what they have been in the past, but thats once again why i said i would call it a upset for a 1a to beat a 3a.

is t.r. goin as qb or an athlete because from what i learned utc also got the qb's from McMinn and McMinn Central but rayle from central is goin as a safety and linebacker...

also were mcminn central not mcminn there is kind of a pride thing there with the cross creek rivalry...

From what i understand they want him at qb.. he will grow alot more I assure you .. his dad was a basketball star at UTC so he will grow even more than his 6'4 frame im sure..the pirates not only have Trob.. I promise you this Jonathan Blevin's all 5'7 or so 165 maybe.. will knock you head off. u might knock him down but u wont keep him down and U wont block him often, #54 just watch him through a whole play he never quit's.. malcom Jones with hit you so hard it will knock the teeth out of your drivers liscense... j Fennel.. all 6'5 of him will hit u.. trust me this is a well rounded very fast as always Team... and Remember the ex head coach and state winner also. danny wilson is now the def coord. formaly of Cleveland.. he is an awesome coach. I know Polk will hit you hard.. ive seen it.. I just think This Pirate def is special... good luck..

Weather update as of 10:43 cst. It rained about 1 hour early this morning with about 30 minutes of a good rain and 30 minutes of light rain. It has been periods of sunshine off and on since then. I still hope Polk brings a good crowd. Yall be careful coming down and hope you all don't hold this topic personal it's just us SP folks love our football down here and we have been winning along time and some people can get carried away but it's all in fun. I still love all people no matter where there from.. See you at that game. Should be nice conditions with a little crispness in the air..

i didnt know about the other 3 players just heard you had em but sounds like you match every position they do t.r wit allen the blevins kid with chistian and the other two match up pretty well with polks...so i think it should be a pretty good crazy hard hittin game...

good luck to both...

on the t.rob utc thing well i can go ahead and guarantee you he will win the qb job over ables from mcminn...

Prediction time after a week long laundry list of trash talking and some non-sense. Point blank, Pirates will win this game and do so convincingly as the game progresses. Polk will hold there own for awhile but will eventually get overwhelmed from the Single A team!! Best of luck to both teams. I hope for a injury free clean game. The PITT will be blasting with "PLAYOFF FEVER" tonight.

Pirates 48

Kitties 14

By the way, if I am wrong, I will be the first one to admit on here tonight. I hope all Polk fans will do the same. (Oh yeah, did i mention my wife is a graduate of Polk Co and I am a So Pitt Alum). She is pulling for the PIRATES!!!! :thumb:

Weather update as of 10:43 cst. It rained about 1 hour early this morning with about 30 minutes of a good rain and 30 minutes of light rain. It has been periods of sunshine off and on since then. I still hope Polk brings a good crowd. Yall be careful coming down and hope you all don't hold this topic personal it's just us SP folks love our football down here and we have been winning along time and some people can get carried away but it's all in fun. I still love all people no matter where there from.. See you at that game. Should be nice conditions with a little crispness in the air..

Thanks for the update Sportman...it's still raining here in Cleveland. See you at the game tonight!!

OK what office are you running for? LOL

OK what office are you running for? LOL

Dogcatcher!!!!!

Old Pirate says this game could git interesting with a wet field. The notion of holding the Pirares to 7 points won't ever happen. OP says Pirates 35 Polk 14.

Be careful OP, this prediction is a little disrespectful based on your earlier posts!! :D

Ever since this thread opened, I have said 3 TD's, yet I am being disrespectful. OP, just admit it, you wanna be like Mike don't you.... Coach Mike that is.

Old Pirate's predictions usually come late the nite before or game day. Figure the youngons won't see or read and hopefully their focus has been on preparing for a hard fought feud. The Pirates should score 4 tds on most folkes and Polk certainly is considered by OP as jest that. The weather is working out for the Pirates with rain perhaps ending early and that 1 additional td not out of the question. The SP defense will pose problems for the wildcats and Polk will have to keep pace to pull out a win at The SP Speedway. Hopefully the rain will end early enough so the field can dry out some to provide a good track for the burners.

Geno....OP says its great yous back and feeling chattery again. :D Recon some folkes jest rather stay in the shadows and NOT be recognized in public as wanta-bee futeball goo-roos. In OP's case best the skillet slinger not knows since OP has admitted his cooking has sometimes intentionally made her unable to keep OP from making the opening kickoff. :thumb: