District 11AA

oakwood

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a 32 minute fluke then. Harpeth outplayed Camden all 4 quarters and had the lead the whole time. Defensive effort was the difference. The Indians are young and inexperienced and suffered through a killer pre-season schedule. If Creekwood is having such a hard time finding people to play them because they are a AA 'powerhouse', call Columbia, CPA, Spring Hill, Livingston Academy, Station Camp and those sort of teams. They'll give you a game.

Look, this is the weakest I've seen this district in years. It's going to be exciting because of that, but don't look for a deep run in the post season by any of the District 11AA teams outside of, hopefully, Creekwood.

Additionally, nobody at Harpeth seems to know anything about this locker room discord that kobedoinwork keeps bringing up. Horkins sat down with Coach Wilson and discussed his future at the next level in another sport. He's trying to get a football schollie. He had to make a decision towards how to best do that and basketball wasn't a part of the equation. Nothing unusual about it. There's been some confidence issues that any young team goes through, but none of the players or parents that I've talked to have a clue as to what you are talking about kobedoinwork.

Where do you get your information?

I know that tonight Montgomery Central (10-6) travels to Charlotte to take on Creek Wood (11-2) in a game that in my mind features 2 of the better teams in the district. Creek Wood is rolling right now and they are a very strong team, especially at home, but they can't afford to overlook the Indians because they do have the size in the front court and the experience in the back court to beat anyone. Creek Wood has to know that Central did have a 16 point lead on Waverly Central at one point in the game last week before totally self destructing down the stretch and they also rebounded nicely with a 21 point win against Stewart County.

I'm going to predict Creek Wood wins the game at home but I'll also be very quick to say Montgomery Central has the potential to pull the upset :flower:

Creek Wood used a dominant defensive effort and double figure scoring nights by Dotson & Hyndman to knock off Montgomery Central tonight 49-35.

1.) Creek Wood (5-0)

2.) Waverly Central (4-1)

3.) Camden Central (2-2)

4.) Montgomery Central (2-3)

4.) Stewart County (2-3)

4.) Harpeth (2-3)

7.) Cheatham County (0-5)

Tomorrow night Creek Wood is back in action to take on Harpeth, Camden Central and Stewart Couny meet up in a crucial game for both teams, and Montgomery Central takes on Cheatham County.

I give harpeth credit for the win but keep in mind camdens leading scorer was sitting in the first with 3 fouls! also camden didn't play to thier full potential while harpeth played prob the best game of their season....and as for the info im receiving its coming firsthand from harpeth players and parents. im not an idiot unlike some ppl on here i kno what im talking about....but think what you want..and as for the teams you suggested that CW should play, they have played two of the three and had it not been in summer camp then they would have handled both teams...they also played kentucky powerhouse paducah tielman at murray state and hung with them til the final few mins.....talk all you want..CW is letting their dominant play do their talking...Harpeth travels to CW tonight for the exciting rivalry..be there!!!!!

thank you ksgovols. finally someone is making sense and being completely sensible! The Harpeth Camden game was indeed a 32 min beat down. With that kind of play Harpeth can beat anyone in the district.

Speaking of 32 min.beat downs Creek Wood put one on Harpeth tonight.Won by 30, played

mostly Jv the last quarter. Could have been 40 or 50 but CW Called off the dogs.Looks like

Harpeth better get more of "that kind of play" if they are going to beat CW.If Cw had left their

starters in Harpeth may not have gotten to 25.CW defense is amazing..

yea ruger put it nicely...CW demolished Harpeth from the tip off..CW scored their first posseion and that was the closest it ever got....any idea of an upset has def left the minds of the Harpeth Indians.....as said before CW is by far hands down the best team in the district and their play on the court is showing it...their defense is ranked in the state...HH had only 10 points in the half and 21 when the starters went to the bench in the fourth.... Harpeth is a good respectable team don't get me wrong, but CW is on another level.....big win for the red hawks tonight

Cheatham took another beat down tonight. Mont Cent came to town and beat them 40 to 60something. I know all the cheatham talk is about how young they are but they seem to be getting worse every game instead of getting better. They played better against Rossview, Kenwood and Station Camp than they have against any district team. I also know howdoitknow gets upset if anyone says bad things about cheatham coaches, but somethings not right there either. There seems to be a different starting line up every game. They played the whole bench tonight, for reasons unknown. It seems they are putting lesser talented players in to motivate the top eight to play better, ( they must of got that from the football coach ) when they need to concentrate on making the top eight better. REMEMBER 6 OF THE TOP 8 HAVE VERY LITTLE EXPERINCE. You get game experience by being in the game. They took the best shooter out of the game in the 3rd and never put him back in???? Any coach can take talented players and win, it takes a good coach to take not so talented players and teach them to win. Dont wont to hurt anyones feelings, but I probably did. sorry.

District 11-AA Standings

1.) Creek Wood (6-0)

2.) Waverly Central (4-1)

3.) Montgomery Central (3-3)

3.) Stewart County (3-3)

5.) Camden Central (2-3)

6.) Harpeth (2-4)

7.) Cheatham County (0-6)

Things are are starting the clear up at the halfway point of the season in this district and on Friday night I look for the district picture to clear up much more. Creek Wood clashes with Waverly Central in the second of their 2 matchups. The Red Hawks won the first meeting and with a win on Friday they will all but secure the district championship and an automatic berth in the regionals. If Waverly Central can pull the upset they will keep their title hopes alive. At this point they appear to be the only team that can challenge Creek Wood for the district crown. Montgomery Central continued their solid season tonight with a blowout victory at Cheatham County. They will play Camden Central on Friday night in a game that could determine who gets to host in the opening round of the district tournament. The Lions won the first meeting which could go a long way if they can get the win again. Stewart County continued to be a suprise story in the district win their win tonight over Camden Central. Every year it seems they are always written off and every year they seem to put themselves right in the hunt. They get to play Harpeth on Friday night with a chance to actually sweep the Indians if they are able to get the win again. That win could put them all alone in 3rd place in the district depending on how things shake out in the Camden-Montgomery Central game. Cheatham County gets the bye on Friday night.

I never said you weren't allowed to have an opinion connman. It also doesn't matter to me what you say. Go ahead! It won't hurt my feeling regardless. I will say however that you comment about "must have got that from the football coach" is really dumb if you are trying to state that as an insult. The football coach has led the program to the playoffs more times in 8 years than it had been in the previous 32 years (CCCHS opened in 1970) prior to his taking over as the head football coach. Also the football coach has a winning record at CCCHS. That is not a bad guy to learn a few things from if you ask me. Your attempt of an insult by making that comparison was truly a failure. If you are who I think then that is BY FAR not the only thing you have failed at during your life. Anyway that is just my opinion about you and your postings but I welcome you to respond because I can assure you that your opinion does not hurt my feelings in any way whatsoever. In fact I find great humor in reading your posts............... :thumb:

Cheatham took another beat down tonight. Mont Cent came to town and beat them 40 to 60something. I know all the cheatham talk is about how young they are but they seem to be getting worse every game instead of getting better. They played better against Rossview, Kenwood and Station Camp than they have against any district team. I also know howdoitknow gets upset if anyone says bad things about cheatham coaches, but somethings not right there either. There seems to be a different starting line up every game. They played the whole bench tonight, for reasons unknown. It seems they are putting lesser talented players in to motivate the top eight to play better, ( they must of got that from the football coach ) when they need to concentrate on making the top eight better. REMEMBER 6 OF THE TOP 8 HAVE VERY LITTLE EXPERINCE. You get game experience by being in the game. They took the best shooter out of the game in the 3rd and never put him back in???? Any coach can take talented players and win, it takes a good coach to take not so talented players and teach them to win. Dont wont to hurt anyones feelings, but I probably did. sorry.

Connman...we get it...you don't like the coaches at Cheatham. You probably have a son, grandson, or some sort of sibling on the team and don't think they're getting their fair share of playing time. Did you not say that the game was over? If they were down 30 or so then why not play the younger guys that don't get to play regularly at the end of the game? Obviously the guys in the eight man rotation you speak of are not doing their job if they were down that much...so why keep playing them? Throw some other guys in there and see what they can do. I assume the "best shooter" that got taken out of the game was the Smart kid, who if I'm not mistaken is a senior, so why leave him in? To help make the score not so bad?

I have nothing against you, but everybody on here I'm sure is sick of hearing you questioning the coaches...if you have a problem then why don't you go to school, get your teacher's license, be a coach, spend countless hours in the gym trying to help kids get better at the game you love while getting payed peanuts to the dollar, and coach them yourself.