If the Playoffs started today in 3A After Week 8

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that this is all speculation based on the first 8 weeks, but with 2 games left against GP and AE, does anyone think that Pigeon Forge (last wildcard spot right now ) stands a chance to get a wildcard at 4-6?

I'll give you my opinion. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way they will get a spot if they lose to GP and AE. South Greene is next in line and does play Claiborne which should be a loss but will likely win their other one. Then there is CPA who has one likely win and also plays Pearl Cohn which I see as a toss up. I think the chances are that one (or perhaps more) will move past PF unless they can pull off the upset on one of these two.

I knew that but I thought that it was #1 of the whole district. So is it #1 of just that classification? If three teams are 3-7, 2-8, and say 0-10 and finish in the bottom of their district by the guidelines the 3-7 team would get a home game for being the number one seed in their class over a team that finishes 7-3 or 8-2 ye number 2 in their classification?

Yes that is the case because especially in the 3a and 5a classes it is unfair to punish teams for having to play up in classification for their games. Also like in Stewart's case they have only 2 4A teams to play while Lewis and Fairview have 4 4a teams they must face.

Ballpark, the reason they are a # 6 seed is because they have 5 district #1's ahead of them. Its a loaded quad in terms of #1's.

I know that this is all speculation based on the first 8 weeks, but with 2 games left against GP and AE, does anyone think that Pigeon Forge (last wildcard spot right now ) stands a chance to get a wildcard at 4-6?

I'll give you my opinion. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way they will get a spot if they lose to GP and AE. South Greene is next in line and does play Claiborne which should be a loss but will likely win their other one. Then there is CPA who has one likely win and also plays Pearl Cohn which I see as a toss up. I think the chances are that one (or perhaps more) will move past PF unless they can pull off the upset on one of these two.

I agree. PF has scored a grand total of 2 touchdowns in 4 district games and still has the top two teams left to play. My guess is at least South Greene passes PF. GVK, if comes down to Alcoa and CAK as the last two teams for the last spot in Quad 1, which do you think would go to Quad 1 and which would go to Quad 2?

I agree. PF has scored a grand total of 2 touchdowns in 4 district games and still has the top two teams left to play. My guess is at least South Greene passes PF. GVK, if comes down to Alcoa and CAK as the last two teams for the last spot in Quad 1, which do you think would go to Quad 1 and which would go to Quad 2?

My opinion is that Quad 1 is solid except for PF and possibly Johnson County although, I think J. Co will make it as they are the #3 of 8 wild card right now. If PF doesn't make it, that should pull one team as you are suggesting. It looks to me like the most likely candidate would be AE as geographically they are the furthest east / northeast of the "quad 2" teams, although it is just by a few miles compared to Alcoa and CAK. However!!! South Greene is the first bubble team and will very possibly move up into a wildcard position IMO. If that happens, no one will go to quad 1 as I see it!

i'm still confused. this is way to complicated.

does anyone know who mcminn central would most likely play in the first round? i have heard cak...loudon...seqatchie co....alcoa...

It looks close to 100% to me that McMinn will face CAK in round one, in the 3rd pairing (bottom half bracket) of the East middle quad.

The match-ups and seedings would not change in the mid-east quad, just that they would be placed one pairing down. Seedings will remain the same for the purpose of a possible later meeting between Austin East and CAK because AE would have the home-field advantage if that happen. I forgot the TSSAA changed that so that 2 top teams from a district would not meet until the quarters.

On the issue of location, the TSSAA said Geography will determine where teams go. Jamestown is clearly East of Tyner. It doesn't matter about time zones. This is the only way to be consistent with this new system. York will go East.

Here is your answer to your 5A Quad.

Morristown West would be 2 because they are considered the # 1 team from their district, Crockett would have to be # 8 because they are a wild card. Remember the seeding goes # 1's first, then # 2's, #3's, then WC.

1. Tennessee

7. Seymour

4. Morristown East

6. Boone

3. Sullivan South

5. Powell

2. Morristown West

8. Crockett

But, Mo West is 2nd in their district. Does that mean because they are 1st in their subdivision they get to jump ahead of South? That seems to contradict their rules.

After teams from the same district have been separated, placements are then arranged with priorities given to

automatic qualifiers. Teams finishing 1st in their district will receive highest priority. Teams finishing 2nd in their

district will receive second priority. Teams not finishing 1st or 2nd in their district but finishing in the top half of their subdivision will be given third priority, followed by wild card qualifiers.

Wouldn't South be ahead of Mo' West since both of them are 2nd in their district?

The match-ups and seedings would not change in the mid-east quad, just that they would be placed one pairing down. Seedings will remain the same for the purpose of a possible later meeting between Austin East and CAK because AE would have the home-field advantage if that happen. I forgot the TSSAA changed that so that 2 top teams from a district would not meet until the quarters.

On the issue of location, the TSSAA said Geography will determine where teams go. Jamestown is clearly East of Tyner. It doesn't matter about time zones. This is the only way to be consistent with this new system. York will go East.

Here is your answer to your 5A Quad.

Morristown West would be 2 because they are considered the # 1 team from their district, Crockett would have to be # 8 because they are a wild card. Remember the seeding goes # 1's first, then # 2's, #3's, then WC.

1. Tennessee

7. Seymour

4. Morristown East

6. Boone

3. Sullivan South

5. Powell

2. Morristown West

8. Crockett

But, Mo West is 2nd in their district. Does that mean because they are 1st in their subdivision they get to jump ahead of South? That seems to contradict their rules.

After teams from the same district have been separated, placements are then arranged with priorities given to

automatic qualifiers. Teams finishing 1st in their district will receive highest priority. Teams finishing 2nd in their

district will receive second priority. Teams not finishing 1st or 2nd in their district but finishing in the top half of their subdivision will be given third priority, followed by wild card qualifiers.

Wouldn't South be ahead of Mo' West since both of them are 2nd in their district?

No South wouldn't be because Mo-West is the #1 5A in their district. South is the # 2 5A team in thiers, so West is ahead of South.