If the Playoffs started today in 3A After Week 8

Gerry Bertier

Every week leading up to the playoffs I will try and do this. I just did the standings as is. I did not predict anything that hasn't happened. Here you go.

East Quad

1. Elizabethon

8. Piegon Forge

4. Sullivan North

5. Cumberland Gap

3. Gatlinburg Pittman

6. Johnson Co.

2. West Greene

7. Happy Valley

Mid-East Quad

1. Alcoa

7. York Inst.

4. CAK

5. McMinn Central

3. Austin-East

6. Loudon

2. Polk Co.

8. Kingston

Mid-West

1. Bledsoe Co.

7. Cannon Co.

4. East Literature

5. Tyner

3. Goodpasture

6. Sequathchie Co.

2. Smith Co.

8. Pearl Cohn

West

1.Camden

8. Westview

4. Fairview

5. BTW

3. Manassas

6. Stewart Co.

2. Milan

7. Lewis Co.

Remember teams are split geographically up and down, and then there can not be 1st round district re-matches.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work on the quads:

But here is a major problem and for this reason I dont see this plan working very long. You have teams such as Cannon County and others who will have beaten teams in there league and still have lower seeds. Under any other year the would host the first two rounds by virtue of beating a Smith County team, this is a problem.

I agree with teh alcoa fan if this was the bracket which you never know with TSSAA there are great match-ups in the 1st round

Yes I agree there also, but if this is the case why even play league games just schedule 10 games against anyone and just play. If you are going to have districts and so forth that should come into play a little, it is not just here but in 6A and 5A it will also happen that a team that has beaten teams in there own league will possible recieve lower seeds than those teams.

I guess to help the guaranteed scheduling of the nearby teams with the relative same enrollment, first of all, then to help set the brackets. As I understand it the #1s will go before the #2, so in the quadrant I'm expecting for the team here it would likely be any combination of Bledsoe, Goodpasture and the 7-AA winner getting the top 3 spots. That gives you a regular season goal of winning the district as it almost would guarantee a home playoff game.

Gerry, do know how this would work for 5A quad 1?

After Week 8:

Tennessee 1st in district

South 2nd in district

Boone 3rd in district

David Crockett wildcard

Morristown West 2nd in district

Morristown East 3rd in district

Seymour 5th in district (3rd place 5A team)

Powell 4th in district (2nd place 5A team)

Everytime I work it, I get the same matchups but it's difficult to determine the seeding. This is what I get:

1. Tennessee

8. Seymour

4 Daniel Boone

5. Morristown East

3. Morristown West

6. David Crockett (WC)

2. Sullivan South

7. Powell

After Week 8 both South and West are in 2nd place in their districts. I gave South the #2 seed because they had more wins over teams with a winning record. I moved David Crockett up to #6 because they couldn't face Tennessee High or South because they are in the same district. But if they are a wildcard could they face a team from their own district?