Tennessee High vs. Sullivan South

v_i_k_i_n_g

From looking at the stats and facts of this game my intuition tells me that it will be a repeat of the DB game. THS will play a good first half of football and then the coaches will play it safe and protect the lead buy using the ground game to methodically move the chains. I also saw how overwhelmed South AND their Coaching staff were in the game against DB. With DBs line totally controlling BOTH sides of the ball, and Chris looking like a superhero without a cape. DB totally dominated South, and it could have been much worse if they hadn’t gotten lazy in the second half after building up such a big lead. But to be honest… my heart tells me that it’s not going to go down like that. This is going to be a very emotional game for both teams this week… and we all (including me) should take that into consideration with our posts on this thread.

Up to this point there has been misconception after misconception about this years Viking squad. For example… they can’t pass the ball, their defense is weak this year, their O line can’t protect Harmon, Stop Tallman and you stop the Vikings, without Shepard they are doomed, they’re not really that good they are just lucky, and the list goes on. At this point in the season I think we can all agree that ALL of these things have been put to rest… and some of them I think our coaches have purposely targeted in an effort to LEAVE NO DOUBT. Like… can anybody tell me why Tallman didn’t carry the ball out of the backfield one time last Friday if it wasn’t done partially on purpose. to shut some mouths? Needless to say that at this point… Stacey and Crew know what’s comin to town this Friday night and they will be prepared. I don’t think we have played a team that has so many things driving them to win a game than South has. The motivational list for this game is extensively in their favor. But I still feel the cards are stacked against them. I mean… who knew we had Jason Witten’s clone on our team. Where has this kid been all season… and he’s just a sophomore?! Stubbs has more options than Ming’s Dynasty Buffet… and Coach Proffitt is the chef at the grill ready to pull out a new dish if the ones on the table aren’t working for you. :lol:

This is the Vikings game to lose. If they can weather the emotionally charged storm at the beginning of the 1st and the 3rd quarter… they should pull away with a decisive win in the end. The emotions play too much of a role in this one, so I would be a fool to try and call a margin of victory. Although, up to this point I’m sort of feeling like the Mentalist. :lol: Just win the darn game Vikings… oh and… LEAVE NO DOUBT!!!!!!

:lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting isn't it Cap. These past 5 years have been anything but boring when it comes to this game. I don't think there was a year where either team had more or less than the other...including last year. I think the dominant Vikings were in '06 and '07. I also feel that Stubbs has reinvented himself for '09. And I feel for the better. I guess Harmon had something to do with that. This new Stubbs with those past teams...well let's just say it may have been different. You played Curt toe to toe. Odly enough, I guess the '08 Rebels were the most dominant and then you have to note Jake Hicks in '05. This years Vikings are undoubtedly a state championship squad. It would sure be interesting to have seen Clinton first hand as well Knox Catholic. Knox West has played most of the heavyweights toe to toe except for Bearden of all people. So that is all we Rebels have to go on. My heart goes out to this years Senior parents. They are beginning to know what we feel. One of the most excitiong times of a parents life. Especially to have been associated with such wonderful programs. I just hope there are no injuries and the play calling is equal. Nothing to get in the way of an honest game.

Comp,on Farraguts website,they show all there games.I don't know if the Catholic game can still be seen.They are huge and have the athletes,but it's a matter of how a team matches up against another team.Clinton will move the ball on anybody,but their defense will give up some plays.Clinton has a couple of players and so does Catholic that will move on up after this year.I don't know what that QB for Clinton runs a forty in,but it has to be fast.

TN High has a very strong balanced "Team". They work seamless together. They are strong all over the field and with out a doubt in my mind the best team in the conference. With this said, I am still gonna stand with in our circle and root for the mighty Rebels!!!! Heart and Turnovers will be the determining factor of this game. I will not count anything out this year. DB should have only been beat 2 times this year yet the ending result is not that way.

Interesting isn't it Cap. These past 5 years have been anything but boring when it comes to this game. I don't think there was a year where either team had more or less than the other...including last year. I think the dominant Vikings were in '06 and '07. I also feel that Stubbs has reinvented himself for '09. And I feel for the better. I guess Harmon had something to do with that. This new Stubbs with those past teams...well let's just say it may have been different. You played Curt toe to toe. Odly enough, I guess the '08 Rebels were the most dominant and then you have to note Jake Hicks in '05. This years Vikings are undoubtedly a state championship squad. It would sure be interesting to have seen Clinton first hand as well Knox Catholic. Knox West has played most of the heavyweights toe to toe except for Bearden of all people. So that is all we Rebels have to go on. My heart goes out to this years Senior parents. They are beginning to know what we feel. One of the most excitiong times of a parents life. Especially to have been associated with such wonderful programs. I just hope there are no injuries and the play calling is equal. Nothing to get in the way of an honest game.

I want the Vikings to take it one week at a time. This week it's the Sullivan South Rebels.

***NET PLAYERS DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING*** :lol:

In my opinion, any team from this area in 5A will have to go through Clinton or Catholic if they want to go the state championship. It won't be as challenging as Maryville, but it will still be a tough task. Catholic can play with any team if they show up to play, otherwise a lot of teams can make them look foolish. A lot of people have cited coaching as the main reason for that. I had the opportunity to see Clinton in a scrimmage. They have a great qb, and a great rb in Hazelhurst. They also have some good receivers. They beat Science Hill deep on multiple occasions. The offensive line, however, was letting several Hilltoppers through on several plays, allowing them to get to Stone. I'm assuming, however, that they have made the improvements in the line or they wouldn't be 9-0 right now.

First, before I tell you why South will get whipped this Friday night I want to say I have the greatest admiration for the South team, coaches, and players (and community for that matter). I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster ride it has been this year. I think Coach Carter has been incredible in providing support and leadership for his players and his community in all the best ways and right ways possible. Even though I have not been a part of it, per se, I still want to say Thank You to Coach Carter for being the Right kind of man. When it’s all said and done the bond and the love shared between your players, team, and community will live and be remembered long beyond the end of this season. In the end, it’s these things that mean way more than the win/loss column on a football field.

Now on to the whipping. THS just came out of a game that tested their nerves. Confidence is a Major Key in high school athletics :roflol: We all know it. Take kids of equal caliber. The kid with the most confidence will outperform. Take teams of equal caliber and the team with the most confidence will outperform. THS will have more confidence this Friday night. The most they have had all season. With a run game shaken this past Friday night (ie. 1st time against a 5-man front, 8 & 9-men in the box) THS proved to themselves it didn’t matter. Even though I’m sure the THS coaches have adjusted the run game to fix the issues that slowed it down, it didn’t matter last Friday night because the passing game was a “state champion-style” success. This elevated THS’s confidence to a new level. But don’t worry they are level headed and will not be over confident due to the last 4-years of the South/THS matchup.

Back to the equal caliber discussion. In the South QB CP days, ’05-’06, South definitely had more caliber, in the ’07-’08 days of the Spin Docter, Davenport, and Kitzmiller, South also had more caliber. But now, this year, the caliber and confidence has shifted.

If you match THS to South, player to player, coach to coach, parent to parent, cheerleader to cheerleader, girlfriend to girlfriend, pet to pet :lol:, speed to speed, strength to strenght, AND CoachT poster to CoachT poster :roflol: then we find the caliber to caliber is better at THS, this year, for whatever reason, in all matchups THS wins out.

I know this doesn’t sound very football-y for all you football gurus on here. I could give you all the football-y reasons but this sums it up. MORE CONFIDENCE, MORE CALIBER.

Also, ALL players at THS are in their best health all year. No injuries at THS, no sickness as of today. Look out South! Nothing fancy coming Friday night, THS's standard game plan can't be stopped.

Final score THS-50, South-28.

My wish is all players come out with no serious injury to body. :roflol:

THANK YOU.

P.S. I hope South’s starting LB/FB CP’s shoulder heals before you enter the playoffs. I hear it will keep him out this Friday Night.

I don't think either team thinks they have it in the bag. Both teams respect each other and what they can do. There are alot of friendships between the two teams and I think this will be an emotional game for both. THS players have a #54 sticker on their helmet they have worn all year in remembrance of Jake.

THS wants to come out with a win and will bring their best effort as will South.

We may have overall more talent but I believe it will come down to who has the most talent, will, and heart. THS is tired of finishing 2nd in the conference and is going to give 100% this Friday to come out on top! Hoping for an injury free game and nothing short of a great game! GO VIKINGS!!!