Tennessee High vs. Sullivan South

v_i_k_i_n_g

In the 81-82 season South had 4 students killed in a car accident the night after the schools first win over DB. One of the students was a football player. On senior night the school honored his parents. I assume that South will honor Jake & his parents as well. It should not just be an emotional night, it will be off the charts emotional. I have seen this South team run the gauntlet of emotions and performances this year. I have seen what I think was a state championship caliber team play in Knoxville. I have seen them play to where I thought they might lose more than 1 game. With that said, I don't know what will come this Friday night. I think it hinges on which South team comes to play & if we get any injured players back. We are definetly banged up. I believe in the Rebs and their ability and will be there in full support of the Columbia Blue & Silver Grey!!! GO REBELS!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South is very banged up right now. A few key positions with 2's doing the best they can. That plus all the positives for the Vikings and South's poor performance of late adds up to a predictable game. The Vikings can't help but feel unstopable this week. No arguing why. As well, Stubbs is smart enough to know why that is dangerous. That said, realistically the students of the game who use logic to understand potential results will say that even under worst case senario for the Vikings, the Rebels at best are at a 2 TD deficit. That is the practical part of the game.

The psychological part of the game, most would say belongs to the Rebels. I would say that it would be a dead heat. A dead heat psyche' with the rest of the math still equates to a Viking manhandling.

Then you have to add in heart. And that is really the only discussion that matters in this game. Downright sacrificial, never say never, lay it on the line at all costs HEART. And both will posess this trait. From different prospectives but never the less both will put their all in this game. IMO, this game will be a downright determination of who wants it most.

The Rebels have not played a complete game since week 0 where they looked and played in top ranking form. Many are tired of hearing this as I am tired of saying it but it is matter of factly all they have to bring to the table.

The Vikings have yet to make their first mistake and have played to date in classic George Quarles form. The bar is set and it is what it is.

My head tells me Bristol by 3 TD's. My heart tells me another story. That's about as far as I can go with it.

I have watched all the videos from Farragut's website and Riverdale was the only team I was impressed with. I feel Bristol could play toe to toe with anyone on Farragut's schedule...especially Farragut.

So I haven't really said anything that was not understood by most on the T. My blood pressure is already rising. This game is a mans game...a call to arms. Wow...it's only Tuesday...I gotta' go lay down...

I don't think either team thinks they have it in the bag. Both teams respect each other and what they can do. There are alot of friendships between the two teams and I think this will be an emotional game for both. THS players have a #54 sticker on their helmet they have worn all year in remembrance of Jake.

THS wants to come out with a win and will bring their best effort as will South.

We may have overall more talent but I believe it will come down to who has the most talent, will, and heart. THS is tired of finishing 2nd in the conference and is going to give 100% this Friday to come out on top! Hoping for an injury free game and nothing short of a great game! GO VIKINGS!!!

Nice post & well spoken.

I'm sure your right - there is not a single player at South that could start at TN High. I guess somebody better tell the boys at South the jamboree was just a dream and they shouldn't even show up as they have no chance!

Oh yea… they should show up. Because after Friday night maybe… just maybe… South will finally learn the difference between a jamboree and GAME TIME!!! All the talk about the jamboree is laughable. I guess to those that believe that jamborees are some kind of measuring stick... Stubbs is looking like the Coach of the Year, while Carter now looks like a failure for not blowing everybody out. :wacko: When in all reality…. one coach knows how to work the crowd, and the other just hasn’t figured that one out yet. :roflol: I think I might have mentioned something to that effect at the beginning of the season after Carters “show of force” in the jamboree. :roflol:

I'm sure your right - there is not a single player at South that could start at TN High. I guess somebody better tell the boys at South the jamboree was just a dream and they shouldn't even show up as they have no chance!

Oh yea… they should show up. Because after Friday night maybe… just maybe… South will finally learn the difference between a jamboree and GAME TIME!!! All the talk about the jamboree is laughable. I guess to those that believe that jamborees are some kind of measuring stick... Stubbs is looking like the Coach of the Year, while Carter now looks like a failure for not blowing everybody out. :?: When in all reality…. one coach knows how to work the crowd, and the other just hasn’t figured that one out yet. :wacko: I think I might have mentioned something to that effect at the beginning of the season after Carters “show of force” in the jamboree. :roflol:

Tnreb, Cap is like stray cat. Feed him and he'll keep coming back. :roflol:

I think this season is the big one for one of you guys.Look at how good you are and how things have fallen in the playoff picture.No early round Greeneville and the Morristown teams are down a little.MARYVILLE,that's all that needs saying and Hillsboro losing their coach to Oak Ridge this year.I think either one of you can run the table starting next week !! Just stay healthy and have a great game friday.

True, true. :roflol: And up to this point I’ve managed to ALWAYS land on my feet. :wacko:

What’s your take on Friday night in the Valley RebYel? I already know the answer to this but just thought I’d ask… what’s the status of your injured QB? Will he return?

I don't think either team thinks they have it in the bag. Both teams respect each other and what they can do. There are alot of friendships between the two teams and I think this will be an emotional game for both. THS players have a #54 sticker on their helmet they have worn all year in remembrance of Jake.

THS wants to come out with a win and will bring their best effort as will South.

We may have overall more talent but I believe it will come down to who has the most talent, will, and heart. THS is tired of finishing 2nd in the conference and is going to give 100% this Friday to come out on top! Hoping for an injury free game and nothing short of a great game! GO VIKINGS!!!

Nice post & well spoken.

Mom Taylor I’ve been meaning to ask you. Did you by chance stop in McDs after the DB vs South game?

True, true. :roflol: And up to this point I’ve managed to ALWAYS land on my feet. :wacko:

What’s your take on Friday night in the Valley RebYel? I already know the answer to this but just thought I’d ask… what’s the status of your injured QB? Will he return?

I think I said it earlier. I think this game will decide homefield advantage when we meet again in the playoffs. I actually went to the TN High-Boone game since I was sick and it was closer to home. How many seniors do you all have anyway? I doubt the outcome would have been different but Boone made way too many mistakes. Of course you have to take a chance with TN high because you can't guard everything. They opted to sellout when it came to the run and didn't have the guys in the secondary to cover all the options. Not sure if South has that either but we'll see. I believe somebody mentioned it earlier about TN High giving the big cushion and they certainly do that. For South to win this game, they must be aggressive. They must throw on 1st down at least half the time. Don't be predictable. Slow down the Viking defensive front with some screens. If St. Clair is back, that give us another WR option in Haden so that would be big. Our defense needs to play like it's week 0 again. Tackling will be key on both sides as there will be alot of one on one matchups in the open field. If we come out flat, it's DB all over again. If we come out and want this game badly enough, it should be a great game. Either way, just hope there are no injuries and we'll see each other again in a few weeks.

The war of words is between TH/South posters but will ultimately be settled on the field. The two best teams in the conference slug it out this Friday, congrats to both of you! The winner will be champ and both of you are off to the playoffs with a new season beginning. Wish you both well, keep it between the lines and stay injury free. :hungry:

The winner will own home field advantage for at least the first 3 weeks of the play-offs. Is this true?

From what I can gather that is true. The team in the upper part of the bracket will host during the semifinals during odd years. The TSSAA however switched the regions around a couple of years ago and it made it diffiuclt determine which area will be the top of the bracket. I'm assuming the first quad will be the top of the bracket but I could be wrong. Last year teams from Region 1 and 2 weren't on the top part of the bracket.

As of Week 9, I'm fairly sure these will be the matchups for quad 1. The seeding is still a bit fuzzy.

1. Tennessee

8. Seymour

4. Daniel Boone

5. Morristown East

3. Mo West

6. David Crockett

2. South

7. Powell

David Crockett is still the 5th wildcard team after week 9. I placed David Crockett in the 6th seed becuase they can't play Tennessee, Boone, or South in the first round. My reasoning for placing them there is because wildcard would probably have to face the next highest seed. If they faced Seymour, Powell, or Morristown East they would be punishing a team that finished ahead of them in their own district. If DC loses this week and either Springfield or Munford wins then one of them will take that spot and Anderson County will be moved into quad 1.