5A Playoffs the way I see it....after week 9.

randymc

footballfan101 you are probably right about the 4 WC teams so Springfield my move to pod 2 and Glencliff to pod 3. I just put LC in pod 4 to try and even up the teams since they are the most west team around there. and Craigmont or Jackson NS could be ahead of LC if they are over there. No one will know until the brackets come out on Saturday morning that is unless the rain keeps people from playing tomorrow night.

always fun to see how close your predictions are to what actually happens.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the map, lawrence co. is southwest, henry co. is northwest, and columbia is north of lawrence co and further east. It only make sense for henry co. to go west. henry co. shouldn't even be in 5a! move up to your class and you will be in the middle tn bracket.

Well, if you want to go by strictly an "east-west" logic then you have to leave Lawrence out of quad 4 altogether and put in Clarksville NW... they are further west! But, again, travel distance is "supposed" to one of decision makers, "without regard to region alignments"...whatever that means, since there are no "regions" anymore.

Oh... and your wish for HC to move up in class? I don't think it would make much difference. We've already pummelled one 6A team this past week and should do the same tomorrow night (both from the middle TN area) - what's your point?

B) The jackets of springfield will be happy to play anywhere! B) For a young team that was supposed to win one game, and to be on the verge of a chance to go to the dance. The team does not care who or where they play. 32 teams with the same record next week. 0-0 from what I see. However, for this to happen the jackets truly need a Daniel Boone team to take care of David Crocket! This happens and the Jackets do their jobs and win tonight vs West Creek, then all records are out the door, and the new season begins for all 5A teams. From what I see, anyone can win any night in the next 5 weeks.

:huh:

Good luck to your jackets tonight. Everything ok down there?

If you look at the map, lawrence co. is southwest, henry co. is northwest, and columbia is north of lawrence co and further east. It only make sense for henry co. to go west. henry co. shouldn't even be in 5a! move up to your class and you will be in the middle tn bracket.

Well, if you want to go by strictly an "east-west" logic then you have to leave Lawrence out of quad 4 altogether and put in Clarksville NW... they are further west! But, again, travel distance is "supposed" to one of decision makers, "without regard to region alignments"...whatever that means, since there are no "regions" anymore.

Oh... and your wish for HC to move up in class? I don't think it would make much difference. We've already pummelled one 6A team this past week and should do the same tomorrow night (both from the middle TN area) - what's your point?

Henry Co. isn't going to win the state this year anyway. I don't see anybody beating Tennessee High.

Henry Co. isn't going to win the state this year anyway. I don't see anybody beating Tennessee High.

Well, that's why you actually play the game, first! TN High, although I'm sure is a quality program, has beaten only 2 schools with winning records. Let's wait and see the outcome once they have played someone. And I'm not saying HC will win it all, either... we've definitely had our chance the last couple of years and still do not have the gold ball.

Is everyone ready for some football playoffs???

I know this is close to some others guesses also but here is mine listed what I think will be 1-8 things can change depending on games tonight and tomorrow:

Pod 1

Tennessee

Sullivan South

Morristown West

Anderson Co.

Daniel Boone

Powell

Morristown East

Seymour

POD 2

Clinton

Gallatin

Beech

Knoxville Catholic

Cumberland Co.

Glenciff

Cleveland

Hendersonville (WC)

POD 3

Columbia

NE

NW

Hillsboro/Centenial Winner

CHS (WC)

Shelbyville (WC)

Tullahoma (WC)

Springfield (WC)

POD 4

Henry Co.

Lawrence Co.

Jackson NS

Craigmont

Hardin Co.

Melrose

Mitchell

Ridgeway

Here's the problem i see with your POD 2 and 3, you are creating twice the travel. Assuming Knoxville/Clinton to Hendersonville is about the same as it is to Shelbyvile, Tullahoma (I think it's 13 miles farther to Shelbyville, and 3 miles closer to Tullahoma). Then by using your PODs you are creating unneeded travel for the clarksville teams. The Knoxville/Clinton teams would drive past Tullahoma and Shelbyville to get to Hendersonville/Beech/Gallatin, and the Clarksville Schools would drive past Hendersonville/Beech/Gallatin to get to Shelbyville or Tullahoma. Doesn't matter who is actually going to host these games. Toss is Cleveland, they would drive up I24, bypassing the exits to Tullahoma and Shelbyville to arrive in Hendersonville or Gallatin to play a game. Again, it COULD happen, but I don't see it happening. Nobody really knows.

So where does the TSSAA say anything about seeding? According to the by laws at http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf at the top of page 4, it states "In Class 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A, the teams will be geographically grouped into four eight-team quadrants. This grouping will be done without regard to region alignments. The teams within each quadrant are placed in the bracket so that teams from the same district will not play each other in the first round. The only exception would be when 5 or more teams from the same district qualify for the play-offs and all 5 teams are in the same geographic quadrant.

After teams from the same district have been separated, placements are then arranged with priorities given to automatic qualifiers. Teams finishing 1st in their district will receive highest priority. Teams finishing 2nd in their district will receive second priority. Teams not finishing 1st or 2nd in their district but finishing in the top half of their subdivision will be given third priority, followed by wild card qualifiers."

Will they "seed" based on the wildcard standings after the district teams have been separated for first round games?

Basically, but separating them, just means you can't have 2 teams 1&8 2&7 3&6 or 4&5 so you could theoretically seed them 1-8 then shift them around so you have none of those matchups. That is the way I would do it. But they wont seed based on wildcard standings. They will seed based teams finish in their district, then if 2 teams are tied for the same spot (1st place in District 7 and 1st place in District 6) they will use wildcard standings to break those ties.

Hope that makes sense.

I know this is close to some others guesses also but here is mine listed what I think will be 1-8 things can change depending on games tonight and tomorrow:

Pod 1

Tennessee

Sullivan South

Morristown West

Anderson Co.

Daniel Boone

Powell

Morristown East

Seymour

POD 2

Clinton

Gallatin

Beech

Knoxville Catholic

Cumberland Co.

Glenciff

Cleveland

Hendersonville (WC)

POD 3

Columbia

NE

NW

Hillsboro/Centenial Winner

CHS (WC)

Shelbyville (WC)

Tullahoma (WC)

Springfield (WC)

POD 4

Henry Co.

Lawrence Co.

Jackson NS

Craigmont

Hardin Co.

Melrose

Mitchell

Ridgeway

Here's the problem i see with your POD 2 and 3, you are creating twice the travel. Assuming Knoxville/Clinton to Hendersonville is about the same as it is to Shelbyvile, Tullahoma (I think it's 13 miles farther to Shelbyville, and 3 miles closer to Tullahoma). Then by using your PODs you are creating unneeded travel for the clarksville teams. The Knoxville/Clinton teams would drive past Tullahoma and Shelbyville to get to Hendersonville/Beech/Gallatin, and the Clarksville Schools would drive past Hendersonville/Beech/Gallatin to get to Shelbyville or Tullahoma. Doesn't matter who is actually going to host these games. Toss is Cleveland, they would drive up I24, bypassing the exits to Tullahoma and Shelbyville to arrive in Hendersonville or Gallatin to play a game. Again, it COULD happen, but I don't see it happening. Nobody really knows.

I agree....Gallatin, Beech, Hendersonville, playing Clinton and Cleveland is highly unlikely. Sumner County should be placed in with the Clarksville schools and maybe the Nashville participants.

:thumb: The jackets of springfield will be happy to play anywhere! :lol: For a young team that was supposed to win one game, and to be on the verge of a chance to go to the dance. The team does not care who or where they play. 32 teams with the same record next week. 0-0 from what I see. However, for this to happen the jackets truly need a Daniel Boone team to take care of David Crocket! This happens and the Jackets do their jobs and win tonight vs West Creek, then all records are out the door, and the new season begins for all 5A teams. From what I see, anyone can win any night in the next 5 weeks.

:flower:

Good news for you, this is Boone's rivalry game so...we got you covered!

randy mac, you posted that there is no way an automatic qualifiers would be placed below Mitchell, well now RidgewAY IS NOT number 3 but a four, with a 4-6 record, that no way could be changed, both #4s and Mitchell with a better record. am i wrong,, oh yeah, germxxxx, Henry county is in the proper classification, right where they were placed to begin with,

Here we go again. Mitchell can not be seeded HIGHER than any team that finished 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in their district because Mitchell will finish 4th in their district. It's really that simple. Since there are no wildcards in this quad most likely, the only place they could be is 7th or 8th. 8th for sure if Ridgeway beats Kirby. Mitchell would hold the tiebreaker over Ridgeway BUT that would come into play ONLY if Ridgeway loses to Kirby. If Ridgeway beats Kirby, they will finish 3rd in their District, and Mitchell, as already stated, can't finish higher than 4th.

I posted this one after I posted that part about them not being seeded above any Automatic qualifier. Looks like they will get #7 now. I was getting confused in that earlier post with them being a WC team which they are not, Mitchell is an automatic qualifier at #4 in their district and would have a better overall record than Ridgeway at #4 in their district.

1st off. I am sure I have a mistake or 2 in here, so please correct me.

Bold's are sure things:

A few other changes made too, after outcomes of tonights games. (Shelbyville's Wildcard spot, Beech/Gallatin mess, Ridgeways finish, etc)

Here are your automatic eligible teams:

Tennessee High (5A) D1 #1/2

Sullivan South (5A) D1 #2/1

Daniel Boone (5A) D1 #3

Morristown West (5A) D2 #2

Morristown East (5A) D2 #4

Seymour (5A) D2 #5

Clinton D3 #1

Anderson Co D3 #3/2

Knoxville Powell (5A) D3 #4

Knoxville Catholic (5A) D4 #4/5

Cleveland (5A) D5 #5

Cumberland County (5A)/White County (5A) Winner D6 #4

Columbia (5A) D8 #1

Lawrence County (5A)/Tullahoma (5A) Winner D8 #2

Gallatin (5A) D9 #2/4

Beech (5A) D9 #1/3

Henry County (5A) D10 #1

Clarksville Northwest (5A) D10 #2

Clarksville Northeast (5A) D10 #3

Hillsboro (5A)/Centennial (5A) Winner D11 #5

Glencliff (5A) D12 #4

Hardin County (5A)/Jackson Northside (5A) Winner D13 #2

Hardin County (5A)/Jackson Northside (5A) Loser D13 #3

Craigmont (5A)/Bartlett (5A) Winner D14 #2/3/5

Ridgeway (5A) D15 #4

Melrose (5A) D16 #2/3

Mitchell (5A) D16 #4

27 teams, leaves 5 wildcard teams (District 9 is messy, but I think they get a WildCard anyway so it would only matter for seeding purposes).

Top Wildcard teams are:

#1 Lawrence County (if they lose to Tullahoma)

#2 Hendersonville (Or Gallatin or Beech if they aren't the 2 Automatics)

#3 Clarksville

#4 Shelbyville

#5 Springfield

#6 Tullahoma (right now, BUT if they are a Wild Card team, they would have another loss, so if Clarksville (playing Kenwood) and/or David Crockett (playing Danile Boone...pioneer bowl?!? :roflol: ) win, they could get bumped out) so I really see Tullahoma as Wild Card #6

#7 Halls if they win and David Crockett loses, David Crockett if they win, or Halls loses

If my Bold information is correct 12 out of 32 locked in isn't bad with 1 day left in the season.