District 14A

tigerfan89

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do know that Halls will be young again this year, but their freshmen class is really good. They have Seniors, Qualyn Smith and Hollis Belton returning this year. Halls had some students to transfer from Ripley High b/c of their school testing low on Gateway exams. I understand some of them are trying out for the team. Halls does have alot of potential. I'm not saying they'll be one of the top teams in the district, but they should be a competitive group of young men. I look forward to watching all the teams in our district! Let's play ball! :thumb:

District 14A is a very competitive one every year. Who do you believe will be the teams to look at this year? Which schools lost the most valuable players? Usually the top teams are Union City, Humboldt, Lake County, etc... Will there be a change in the top teams this year? :thumb:

Just based on what I'm hearing..Humboldt has a couple transferred in from Jackson..This is what I was told by Coach Whitby.He said Humboldt would be tough.He also said Union City will always have talent..He downplayed Lake Co.Said basically football was taking away their basketball skills and it would be after Christmas before he knew what we had..Lake Co will be at the top when the football players get back..If after Christmas ..Cody Taylor is on the court.I have no idea until then so I'm not counting him as of yet,Lake Co will be quick and a good team..But if Cody Taylor is playing..Lake Co will be quick..tall and a very very good team..!

• 2 weeks later...
District 14A is a very competitive one every year. Who do you believe will be the teams to look at this year? Which schools lost the most valuable players? Usually the top teams are Union City, Humboldt, Lake County, etc... Will there be a change in the top teams this year? :hungry:

Just based on what I'm hearing..Humboldt has a couple transferred in from Jackson..This is what I was told by Coach Whitby.He said Humboldt would be tough.He also said Union City will always have talent..He downplayed Lake Co.Said basically football was taking away their basketball skills and it would be after Christmas before he knew what we had..Lake Co will be at the top when the football players get back..If after Christmas ..Cody Taylor is on the court.I have no idea until then so I'm not counting him as of yet,Lake Co will be quick and a good team..But if Cody Taylor is playing..Lake Co will be quick..tall and a very very good team..!

Well i only know of one kid who came in from North Side, but not sure how good he is. The top two players on the team will be Dunbar & Campbell. This year the rest of the district will get to see how good these two kids really are with out the shadow of Crayton & Taylor. Dunbar will be able to show full potential & it wouldn't surprise me if he plays just as good as Taylor & Crayton did last year.

This is the worst Union City team i've seen in a long time. Got to view them over in Jackson. They played Bolivar without Their starters in and played even. Josh, K.J., Tyler, Cox, and Kendel are the projected starters. I don't know how startin to guys at 5'7 is goin to work out. Then Josh and K.J. are about 5'10. Kendel is about 6'2. I don't think they will press because of the Bench is very thin. Chipper is my guy but Union City is down in a big way.

This is the worst Union City team i've seen in a long time. Got to view them over in Jackson. They played Bolivar without Their starters in and played even. Josh, K.J., Tyler, Cox, and Kendel are the projected starters. I don't know how startin to guys at 5'7 is goin to work out. Then Josh and K.J. are about 5'10. Kendel is about 6'2. I don't think they will press because of the Bench is very thin. Chipper is my guy but Union City is down in a big way.

Well after hearing that, let me ask u this... do u think LC's better than HBT this year?

Humboldt58, who is the transfer from Northside? I haven't heard anything about him until now.

As for this year's team, time will tell. This team is young but has a lot of talent and athleticism. I don't expect them to win the state championship but I do expect them to make a substate game and possibly the state tournament. I'm worried about our outside shooting losing Taylor, Crayton, Wade etc. off of last year's team but maybe they will surprise me...I expect Dunbar to play some wing this year (if we can afford to take him out of the post) and Campbell to take on more of a scoring role...I also look for sophomore guard Antonio Brooks to step in and have a big season...He's a big time shooter but doesn't have a lot of experience nor size..This team's ability to have success against the better teams by making them respect the outside shot will rely on his development as a player.

Right now I have Lake County at the top of the district with Humboldt and Union City at 2 and 3 respectively...I haven't caught any of these teams yet this year as far as scrimmages go so this is subject to change but I figured I'd give my thoughts on it for now.

007..Would Union City not have some still playing football?

Lake Co. is definitely the favorite in this district this year. Lake Co. will definitely miss Avery, Kimble, and Young; but they have some athletes on the team.

Humboldt is probably the second best. They have two very good athletes back, and I'm sure that they have some young guys ready to step in. I dont think they will be nearly as good as last year, though.

I almost want to say that UC will be third, but they lost a lot from last year. And, from what I'm hearing from UC people that I know, they are very short this year...no height at all. UC always reloads though. They have a lot of athletes in that area to choose from. So, they will be competitive I'm sure, and could finish third.

After these three, it's a toss up to who will take the fourth position this year. Of course, I hope Greenfield will take it, or even take third. BUT, we are weak underneath the basket. We have some boys on the wings who can play ball and score, but I'm afraid that our inside game will cause us trouble.

Anyway, I do think that the district is not nearly as good as it's been in the past. We look like we may be a little down this year.

What do yall think?

007..Would Union City not have some still playing football?

They may have one player that plays football but trust me. I saw the core of there team. It was the worst Union City team i've seen in a while.

Well after hearing that, let me ask u this... do u think LC's better than HBT this year?

I haven't seen Humboldt play in preseason But This is the deepest lake county has been in 4 years. Since Tony, And Jay were there. Lake County will have alot of guys in the 6'2 to 6'3 mold with pat about 6'4 and after the new year Cody about 6'6. So lc is deeper than in the past is why i think they have a real shot at being at mtsu this year.

I haven't seen Humboldt play in preseason But This is the deepest lake county has been in 4 years. Since Tony, And Jay were there. Lake County will have alot of guys in the 6'2 to 6'3 mold with pat about 6'4 and after the new year Cody about 6'6. So lc is deeper than in the past is why i think they have a real shot at being at mtsu this year.

I believe Lake Co will be pretty good after the football players start playing..may take two or 3 weeks..Then after Christmas Swift and Cody Taylor will be able to play..But I hear Cody is borderline..Heard Swift was about 6'3 or 6'4 and can really get up..Cody is the key..I believe we'll have a shot at maybe going to the state without him..With him..a definite..as far as at least making it.!