District 14A

tigerfan89

Bigster, heard from a LC fan today that Swift was no longer a LC student. Seems he found himself in the wrong place last night. Can u confirm ?

I made a few phone calls last night and a couple I called didn't get back with me..My son talked to a couple ball players and they hadn't heard anything..So I'm not sure..Swift did have an earlier incident a few weeks ago so I'm hoping that's what maybe the fan was telling you about..I did see coming home from the middle school game Sat night,blue lights had a car pulled over on a back road..Heard it was a 15 year pld driving without a license and had a couple 16 or 17 year olds with him..Not sure..So ..until I find out for sure..nothing I can post..I had a friend try to call the school officer last night,he's also a deputy at the Sheriff's Dept..Anything happening would probably go through him or he should know..Anyway..if true..will be a big blow..I think he's the best player at the moment..also if true..nothing to be said..if he's not smarter than that..He could have a bright future if he does the right things..Hopefully nothing to it..I should be able to find out today..Or if SBL or Lake Co Falcon comes on..they should know something.!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

know bradford is not very good but they are definitely the most improved team in the district.. Glisson is doing a great job.. I could also see trenton surprising people in the tournament. I think uc will end up winning the district tournament because in my opinion they are a much more discipline team than lc or humboldt.

If Swift and Cody Taylor are both playing..I like Lake Co...If Swift is not playing then Lake Co still has a good shot..Just that Cody will start and play more minutes..And Lake Co won't have extra fouls to give..will miss Swift around the basket on the offensive end and putting in stick backs..I'd rather this team play Union City..Union City has the kind of team that can win with their shooters but I believe Lake Co guards know who their best shooters are now and can come out and with Swift and Taylor in the lineup,Union City had to change a lot of shots the last game and couldn't come inside at all..Lake Co killed them on the boards..If Lake Co can get by Humboldt..I like Lake Co over Union City..Lake Co came from about 12 down last time and actually took a 10 point lead..And even though the game went to overtime..still won by 9..That shows what Lake Co is capable of doing in a small amout of time..if they play like they are capable.!

know bradford is not very good but they are definitely the most improved team in the district.. Glisson is doing a great job.. I could also see trenton surprising people in the tournament. I think uc will end up winning the district tournament because in my opinion they are a much more discipline team than lc or humboldt.

If Swift and Cody Taylor are both playing..I like Lake Co...If Swift is not playing then Lake Co still has a good shot..Just that Cody will start and play more minutes..And Lake Co won't have extra fouls to give..will miss Swift around the basket on the offensive end and putting in stick backs..I'd rather this team play Union City..Union City has the kind of team that can win with their shooters but I believe Lake Co guards know who their best shooters are now and can come out and with Swift and Taylor in the lineup,Union City had to change a lot of shots the last game and couldn't come inside at all..Lake Co killed them on the boards..If Lake Co can get by Humboldt..I like Lake Co over Union City..Lake Co came from about 12 down last time and actually took a 10 point lead..And even though the game went to overtime..still won by 9..That shows what Lake Co is capable of doing in a small amout of time..if they play like they are capable.!

Anyone of the big 3 is capable of winning this Tourament. It wouldn't surprise me who won it they are all good basketball teams! I honestly don't know who you would pick to win this Tourament! LC is much better now and will be hard to handle and some may be taking them a tad lightly! Of course UC with the coaching they are always a contender for a title! Humboldt has the talent and playing at Trenton may give them some what of a slight home court advantage! Poor old Peabody they are good are bad no in between! Like i said i'm not going out on a limb to make a pick just to close to call! The winner either way will represent District 14A well! Good luck to all the teams and lets get in on!! :thumb:

AAaaA[q

uote=mrbigster]know bradford is not very good but they are definitely the most improved team in the district.. Glisson is doing a great job.. I could also see trenton surprising people in the tournament. I think uc will end up winning the district tournament because in my opinion they are a much more discipline team than lc or humboldt.

If Swift and Cody Taylor are both playing..I like Lake Co...If Swift is not playing then Lake Co still has a good shot..Just that Cody will start and play more minutes..And Lake Co won't have extra fouls to give..will miss Swift around the basket on the offensive end and putting in stick backs..I'd rather this team play Union City..Union City has the kind of team that can win with their shooters but I believe Lake Co guards know who their best shooters are now and can come out and with Swift and Taylor in the lineup,Union City had to change a lot of shots the last game and couldn't come inside at all..Lake Co killed them on the boards..If Lake Co can get by Humboldt..I like Lake Co over Union City..Lake Co came froam aboutK 12 down last time and actually took a 10 point lead..And even though the game went to overtime..still won by 9..That shows what Lake Co is capable of doing in a small amout of time..if they play like they are capable.!

I've heard that Swift was sent to the detention center. That is the rumor going around. I will know more info about this ru/mor as the day goes along. But for the present time let's hope that its a rumor and that it. I know that the big 3 have some distraction along the way in previous seasons. No different here were just hoping for the best for the team that we root for.

Bigster, heard from a LC fan today that Swift was no longer a LC student. Seems he found himself in the wrong place last night. Can u confirm ?

I made a few phone calls last night and a couple I called didn't get back with me..My son talked to a couple ball players and they hadn't heard anything..So I'm not sure..Swift did have an earlier incident a few weeks ago so I'm hoping that's what maybe the fan was telling you about..I did see coming home from the middle school game Sat night,blue lights had a car pulled over on a back road..Heard it was a 15 year pld driving without a license and had a couple 16 or 17 year olds with him..Not sure..So ..until I find out for sure..nothing I can post..I had a friend try to call the school officer last night,he's also a deputy at the Sheriff's Dept..Anything happening would probably go through him or he should know..Anyway..if true..will be a big blow..I think he's the best player at the moment..also if true..nothing to be said..if he's not smarter than that..He could have a bright future if he does the right things..Hopefully nothing to it..I should be able to find out today..Or if SBL or Lake Co Falcon comes on..they should know something.!

Swift is done.

Swift is done.

May i ask how you know this for sure? Hope that someone gets this confirmed before the kid is crusified! We all at times have a bad habit at conculding things a little fast! :roflol:

ok..Here's the deal from a very reliable source..Not going to say from who but I'd sayas close to 100 percent as a person can get..Swift is at a detention center..I believe in Jackson..Not expected to be back until Wed..So..definitely not going to play Tues. against Bradford..As for the rest of the season..could be anyone's guess..Swift had an incident about 3 weeks ago..Not going to get in the specifics..just that he was under house arrest..I'm assumming could go to ball games and school.. They were running radar the other night and pulled a car over..The driver had a revoked license from what I understand..Swift and another Lake Co player was in the car..Had they not been speeding ..would never be in trouble..They weren't doing anything just terrible..just Swift wasn't suppose to be there.The thing is..Swift wasn't suppose to be out from what I understand..So..the thing is now..Is that enough for a judge to say..You're through with basketball..The person I talked to said it is a good chance that the state takes over Wednesday..If that's the case..he's through.So..Swift knows he wasn't suppose to be out so can't blame anyone but him..If I'm the coach ..would also be upset with my other ball player..by knowing Swift wasn't suppose to be out and he was with him..I know he can't keep Swift from doing what he's going to do..but as a team mate ,maybe say..Hey dude..We need to stay put..So..not sure what's going to happen.!I also don't know if Swift and the other player was at the middle school championship Sat. night and was going home after the game..I believe I saw him at the game the night before..So..really not sure about the details of him being out and why?Maybe he was wanting to go get a Valentine's kiss from his girlfriend..If she's who I heard was dating..I'd probably not think straight either..She's very pretty..But sometimes kids do kid things..!If he was out drinking,fighting,then I know he would be through..but hopefully the judge will be lenient just 1 time..

I really believe Swift is a good kid from what I hear..A lot of kids make mistakes..I don't believe he would have done anything really bad to have gotten into more trouble .A teenager,I'm not sure understands the ramifications of being on house arrest..Girls maybe wanting you to get out..ball games..a lot of stuff..Sometimes kids don't think..I'm sure he was thinking ..I'm not going to get caught..And he probably wouldn't, had the driver not been speeding..My son could have just as easily be in a situation maybe he does something wrong and maybe in the wrong place..Could be four or five kids fighting and someone get hurt and all five maybe get house arrest..Then I leave maybe for work..know he's not suppose to get out but he does..Could be any of our kids..!So..he just didn't use his head ..I believe because he's a teenager.Hopefully things will work out for him..!

Well i heard that he was going too bootcamp around the 28th of Feb. anyway so if he does get to play because of the car incident..It want last long from what im hearing..He will never get to play the region championship..Maybe the region semis..Thats just a shame for that kid and the fans from Lake Co..I think that will really hurt the Falcons in the long run...This kid carrys 20 20 numbers on any givin night..Its just a bad deal. :roflol:

Well i heard that he was going too bootcamp around the 28th of Feb. anyway so if he does get to play because of the car incident..It want last long from what im hearing..He will never get to play the region championship..Maybe the region semis..Thats just a shame for that kid and the fans from Lake Co..I think that will really hurt the Falcons in the long run...This kid carrys 20 20 numbers on any givin night..Its just a bad deal. :flower:

I knew about that ..I believe most Lake Co people knew..but if Lake Co was to have made it to the region or State..didn't know if that was a done deal or something maybe the judge could maybe extend a week os so.!In other words..don't really want to penalize the team and the community..But you're right..He could get 20/20 just about any night..No matter what happens..if he gets to play ..doesn't get to play..maybe he can come back to school and do the right things..And yes..It will hurt Lake Co..!

May i ask how you know this for sure? Hope that someone gets this confirmed before the kid is crusified! We all at times have a bad habit at conculding things a little fast!

Zebra..I think you're right..I wrote that the other Lake Co player that was with him maybe should have thought about the situation and I shouldn't have said that becauseI don't know the whole situation..All I know is I went to the Lake Co middle school championship game and stopped and got gas..about 10 minutes later on my way hoe..about 3 miles from Ridgely,I saw blue lights on a back road in Lake Co..They may have been at the middle school games..That would make a lot of sense also because was about 15 minutes after the games and could have been on his way home..Maybe he didn't have a ride..Could be the only thing he's guilty of is nothing.Just that he happened to be in a car that was speeding and got pulled over..So..I shouldnt have even said anything about the other player..Both may have just been on their way home from a ball game and by law the officer may know Swift isn't suppose to be out and not his job to decide one way or the other..So..just have to abide by what the judge thinks happened and go with his ruling.!I believe Judge Goodman will be fair..He has sons in the Lake Co school system..!So..whatever ruling he makes..just have to play ball..with him or without him..

May i ask how you know this for sure? Hope that someone gets this confirmed before the kid is crusified! We all at times have a bad habit at conculding things a little fast!

Zebra..I think you're right..I wrote that the other Lake Co player that was with him maybe should have thought about the situation and I shouldn't have said that becauseI don't know the whole situation..All I know is I went to the Lake Co middle school championship game and stopped and got gas..about 10 minutes later on my way hoe..about 3 miles from Ridgely,I saw blue lights on a back road in Lake Co..They may have been at the middle school games..That would make a lot of sense also because was about 15 minutes after the games and could have been on his way home..Maybe he didn't have a ride..Could be the only thing he's guilty of is nothing.Just that he happened to be in a car that was speeding and got pulled over..So..I shouldnt have even said anything about the other player..Both may have just been on their way home from a ball game and by law the officer may know Swift isn't suppose to be out and not his job to decide one way or the other..So..just have to abide by what the judge thinks happened and go with his ruling.!I believe Judge Goodman will be fair..He has sons in the Lake Co school system..!So..whatever ruling he makes..just have to play ball..with him or without him..

Yes its a sad situation to be in! As teenagers we have all made some stupid mistakes! I hope for a good outcome for the kid! But what ever the judge decides he will have to deal with it! He'll have to put it behind him and move on! I wish the kid good luck! :x