Collierville Head Coaching Job

God1Football2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would venture to say that the same can be said in middle and east tn.

Wrong because Oak Ridge had a black coach but he could not cut it as a Head Coach and was given every opportunity to do so.

Another Prime example is Hillsboro this year in Metro Nashville of a Black coach given a team that has historically had a white coach and has done NOTHING this year with a team that WON the Gold Ball last year.

So much for saying it is the same in middle and east Tn.

I do not care what 'color' a coach is as long as his main color is WINNING and he does the most he can to help his players get ahead in life and school.

True Coach Stanton Stevens was given the job at Oak Ridge but he was also given short reins to his program. He and the AD had alot of conflicting interests during his tenure there and that is why he was forced to resign. His win loss record did not help his cause , but there is not much you can do at a public school unless you are backed by the school and community... Just wanted to clear that up.... GO TRIBE

TraderB, from what my sources are telling me, Tommy West has already accepted a buyout and I would imagine that the whole staff will be replaced by whoever the new coach is.

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!

I sure hope that your sources are correct, MarkH.

It's about darn tootin' time that the UofM went into a different direction, with its woeful football program... beginning with the Head Coach. The Athletic Director should be next, IMO....but that's a whole 'nother story, for a whole 'nother forum.

Anyway.....as for Tommy West's assistant coach (and former Melrose Head Coach), Kenny Ingram, I suppose it's good-new/bad-news: His College-Coach days will likely to be put on hold. On the other hand, he could maintain steady income by stepping back down to HS coaching....assuming he has the desire. I'm confident that some High School would jump at the chance to get him as a Head Coach, even if it's just for a few short years.

Kenny Ingram (Univiersity of Memphis D Coordinator) will be looking for a job in about 4 weeks. I am not sure If he is qualified to be the head man at Collierville though :thumb:

RobM,

Are you SURE?

Why do you believe that Coach Ingram will be looking for a job, in about 4 weeks?

I agree with Rob , There is no way that Staff is coming back at UofM they are not a good football team and preparation seams to be one of the largest factors. I don't think Coach Ingram comes back to High School.

Wrong because Oak Ridge had a black coach but he could not cut it as a Head Coach and was given every opportunity to do so.

Another Prime example is Hillsboro this year in Metro Nashville of a Black coach given a team that has historically had a white coach and has done NOTHING this year with a team that WON the Gold Ball last year.

I do not care what 'color' a coach is as long as his main color is WINNING and he does the most he can to help his players get ahead in life and school.

I'd like to see the list of African American head coaches in Tennessee and where they are located. That will tell the true story. :thumb:

I'd like to see the list of African American head coaches in Tennessee and where they are located. That will tell the true story. :thumb:

Hillsboro's Head Caoch is not African American.