Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

James County was created by an act of the Tennessee General Assembly on January 30, 1871. Lands were taken from a small portion of Bradley County and the eastern third of Hamilton County. James County was named in honor of the Rev. Jesse J. James, the father of Elbert Abdiel James who introduced legislation for the formation of the county. Ooltewah, an American Indian name meaning "place of the owl," was selected as the county seat.

The county went bankrupt in April 1919 and was reincorporated into Hamilton County by a vote of its citizens on December 11, 1919. Few records remain of what was once James County due largely in part to courthouse fires in 1890 and 1913. The few remaining James County records are now kept in Hamilton County. The third and final James County Courthouse is the major landmark of Ooltewah.

Talk about embarassing, couldn't pay your bills could you?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James County was created by an act of the Tennessee General Assembly on January 30, 1871. Lands were taken from a small portion of Bradley County and the eastern third of Hamilton County. James County was named in honor of the Rev. Jesse J. James, the father of Elbert Abdiel James who introduced legislation for the formation of the county. Ooltewah, an American Indian name meaning "place of the owl," was selected as the county seat.

The county went bankrupt in April 1919 and was reincorporated into Hamilton County by a vote of its citizens on December 11, 1919. Few records remain of what was once James County due largely in part to courthouse fires in 1890 and 1913. The few remaining James County records are now kept in Hamilton County. The third and final James County Courthouse is the major landmark of Ooltewah.

Talk about embarassing, couldn't pay your bills could you?

come on, this is a dumb post

we all know how to use google, yet, nice cut and paste red rebel

you guys are good at this

Only Maryville fans would be on here bragging and spitting out stats about their Kiddie Rebel Youth team.

what a joke. I would be embarrassed. :angry::angry::angry:

Oh you will be embarressed. When these "Kiddie's" get to high school and go undefeated "Again".

This just happens to be the main reason Maryville is so successful. They take great pride in their youth leagues. We have a lot of "phishdad's" up here in Kingsport also. Thats why we're 5-5 this year.

dry.gif

Only Maryville fans would be on here bragging and spitting out stats about their Kiddie Rebel Youth team.

what a joke. I would be embarrassed. :angry::angry::angry:

The only thing embarrassing on here is the fact that you need to butt your way into a thread that has NOTHING to do with you and call someone out for being proud of their kids football team. Does it make you feel big? Are parents and fans not allowed to brag about their kids? Yeah, he was talking about a 7-8 year old team. So what? Sounds to me as though you may be a little jealous that you don't have a feeder program to be proud of.

Good Lord! Sounds like ya'll need me & Waco to heat it up again....at least OUR arguments were FUN. Waco- take the first hit and we'll turn this thing around for entertainment purposes, if nothing else!

Don't ya'll have a game to get fired up for? Times ticking-- get your warpaint on and shine up those tailfeather so you can REPRESENT.

BMOM of OM

I wonder how many times the states number 1 team has taken on the the team that finished the previous regular season number 1,in the first round ? What ever the answer,I bet that there has never been more tradition involved.Two great programs with great fans,what a better way to spend friday night !! I hate that so many of Dobyns-Bennett's seniors that could have been playing football are not on this team. I don't know why that is the case,but hope that trend turns around for the future of this program.I all so hope that in some way that the few senior leaders have helped the younger guys on the field,in the weight room and with the pride they have put forward by not quitting on this team.Whatever the outcome of this game for DB,I will allways remember this season for being a young team that still went against all odds to South and didn't let the city crown move away from J Fred Johnson.Keeping the foot down on Science Hill ranks right up there as well.We have some great young players on the way up,and I hope we can hold them together and come back stronger in the future.Roll Tribe

I wonder how many times the states number 1 team has taken on the the team that finished the previous regular season number 1,in the first round ? What ever the answer,I bet that there has never been more tradition involved.Two great programs with great fans,what a better way to spend friday night !! I hate that so many of Dobyns-Bennett's seniors that could have been playing football are not on this team. I don't know why that is the case,but hope that trend turns around for the future of this program.I all so hope that in some way that the few senior leaders have helped the younger guys on the field,in the weight room and with the pride they have put forward by not quitting on this team.Whatever the outcome of this game for DB,I will allways remember this season for being a young team that still went against all odds to South and didn't let the city crown move away from J Fred Johnson.Keeping the foot down on Science Hill ranks right up there as well.We have some great young players on the way up,and I hope we can hold them together and come back stronger in the future.Roll Tribe

This would be a great post if you could figure out how to have Violins playing in the background. :roflolk: