Gallatin vs Clarksville NW 1st rd

GWAVE1

It has been a long time since these two teams have played each other. Clarksville NW is one of those rare teams that have never lost to the Wave. They hold a 2-0 record against Gallatin. Don't know anything about them yet. I think the former Springfield coach is over there now. At 7-3 they are gonna be a challenge especially after last night.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like they have won and lost like Gallatin has this year. For the most part when they win it was big and the games they lost were close. They also had a bad loss to HC like Gallatin did last night. A common opponent in Beech week 1 losing 19-21. I know Gallatin coaches and players had a tough day yesterday and I'm sure part of that played over into the game but they have got to put this behind us. Everybody is 0-0 in the playoffs. Heading to Clarksville Northwest to take on the Vikings.

Battle of the Green and Golds...

What does gallatin bring to the table? a stronger offense or d?

Until last night, I would have said both are strong but last night neither were very good. Defense had been the mainstay, kinda a bend but dont break but we definitely broke last night. Gallatin has a 1000 yard rusher and the QB has over 500 yrds rushing and passing. Nice size in the line. Got some speed on both sides. Excellent kicking game. What about Clarksville NW?

Until last night, I would have said both are strong but last night neither were very good. Defense had been the mainstay, kinda a bend but dont break but we definitely broke last night. Gallatin has a 1000 yard rusher and the QB has over 500 yrds rushing and passing. Nice size in the line. Got some speed on both sides. Excellent kicking game. What about Clarksville NW?

Both have been strong for NW this year. WingT based offense. Height of line is not very big, but good size weight wise! Defense has been strong holding for NW with a quick 3 backing up the backers. NW coming off of a big victory against Clarksville-Northeast on thursday that went into overtime. You guys were inches away from playing Clarksville NE instead of NW.

GWave1 it it looks like this is the 1st ever meeting between these schools according to the matchup site on here. They are Green and Gold like Gallatin as well. Same record, same colors lots of similarities between these two for sure.

Nope Gallatin played them in 72' and 73', losing both.

Both have been strong for NW this year. WingT based offense. Height of line is not very big, but good size weight wise! Defense has been strong holding for NW with a quick 3 backing up the backers. NW coming off of a big victory against Clarksville-Northeast on thursday that went into overtime. You guys were inches away from playing Clarksville NE instead of NW.

Great another wing-t team.....

I figure they have some athletes. They are saying they run some wishbone on tape.

I was just going by what it said here....no big. Looking at their website they have some good size kids a couple of huge kids on the DL 79 and at a FB 44. The team photo's show 48 kids on varsity and 28 on JV not sure if the JV is a freshman/sophmore group. They definitely look like they have a good mix of size and speed. 24 looks like the workhorse in the backfield.

Looks like it will take about 1 - 1 1/2 hour drive to get there from Gallatin. Doesn't look like they have a large visitor side but a huge home side from google maps photo's. Looks like a pretty easy drive though. I 24 to Exit 4 turn left off interstate (Wilma Rudolph blvd) right turn onto 101st airborne division pky follow for about 3-5 miles turns into purple heart hwy follow to left on Lafayette. School looks to be about 1/2 mile down on rt.