Gallatin vs Clarksville NW 1st rd

GWAVE1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm for the green and gold team!!! :thumb:

U said that like 3 times already.. we know hahaha its not that funny.. cause both teams are green and gold... we all get it.. post something football oriented

Man, you're a grouch! :thumb: I've only posted 2 times Mr. Poster monitor.

Well, okay football, let's see.....Northwest is playing scrappy, play-making football this year with a new coach, new attitude, and a respect for the game. The defense is strong with goal line stands, and I mean raw tough. The Vikings are hungry for a victory minus coacht.com talk, rumor mill talk, and the usual bunch of bunk that goes along with post season play! We welcome Gallatin to town....but why don't you leave your grouchy A (and that's attitude) at the house. Go VIKING GREEN AND GOLD!

Trulyblessed. I must say I do enjoy your posts, even when the grouches from nashville complain about it :thumb: you keep positive talk about both teams and throw your humor in with it too. But enough of that. Coach O will have the boys ready for the green wave that is coming to town. Wiley and company are all fired up for the game as is gallatin. It is going to be a game that comes down to turnovers and special teams. Again, wish I could be there for this one. Good luck NW from a few cross town rivals

First off, I would like to apologize for running my mouth so much this year. Mostly to Beech people.... My girlfriend is a Beech grad, so I have to hear about those stinkin bucs every day. About NW.... I do worry a bit about big, atheletic, fast runningbacks. The only one we have faced all year that sounds similar to this kid from NW was the Coffee kid from Brentwood. I know they are different players, but that kid ran all over Gallatin. Having said that, I think the linebacker play for Gallatin has stepped up since then, and while they have given up some yards since then, they haven't given up many scores (other than hendersonville). The wishbone could be our downfall. We play wing-t teams year in and year out, and usually have decent success... But you don't face alot of wishbone teams, and if NW is good at running it, we could have a tired defense by halftime. There's a reason that Navy leads the nation in rushing most years. Should be a great game though, and I'm just excited that we don't have to play a williamson county team.

After listening to the coach's show, I have some big worries about this NW team. They sound very good in the line and in the backfield. Sounds like the offense is built around the fullback Darrius Wylie who has over 1200 yards and 23 tds. At 6-2 and 245 lbs the kid sounds like a beast! Coach says the halfbacks have speed on the edges and the defense is very tough. The interior line looks very seasoned and hard to run on. Clarksville NW is senior laden and looks to be very hungry for a playoff win. Gallatin had better be well prepared after last weeks poor showing. I do think the Wave will have an advantage in the kicking game. Having said that, Gallatin must have a good showing in order to beat this Viking team. I look forward to seeing this game! Go Green Wave!!

According to the Leaf Chronicle, this Wylie kid is 6-4 260 and has 1373 yards and 25 or 26 tds. Everywhere else he is listed at 6-2 245.....whichever the case he is a hoss and Gallatin will have to be at their best to slow him down. Interesting side note in the article, the Qb Weaver was the leading passer in the Clarksville area last year with over 1200 yrds. Of course that was under a different system but means the kid can throw. Very glad it is a dry night!!