Gallatin vs Clarksville NW 1st rd

GWAVE1

I was just going by what it said here....no big. Looking at their website they have some good size kids a couple of huge kids on the DL 79 and at a FB 44. The team photo's show 48 kids on varsity and 28 on JV not sure if the JV is a freshman/sophmore group. They definitely look like they have a good mix of size and speed. 24 looks like the workhorse in the backfield.
Well Gallatin is definitely gonna have to be tougher in the line. Especially with a huge fullback. Last night both sides got pushed around at will. I am listening to the coach's show and they said there was a ton of missed assignments. In predict a huge refocusing effort this week. Still talking about them running some option pitch on the wishbone.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done a bit of number crunching this morning and have found that it would be hard pressed to find a more even matchup on paper than this is going to be up in Clarksville on Friday night.

Record: Gallatin 7-3 NW 7-3

Points/Game: G 25.5 NW 27.1

Points/Allowed/Game: G 11.7 NW 14.6

Avg/Victory: G +13.8 NW +7.1

Oppt/Ovrall Record: G 46-54 NW 47-53

Common Oppt/Beech: G W7-0 NW L19-21

Streak: G L1 NW W5

I have done a bit of number crunching this morning and have found that it would be hard pressed to find a more even matchup on paper than this is going to be up in Clarksville on Friday night.

Record: Gallatin 7-3 NW 7-3

Points/Game: G 25.5 NW 27.1

Points/Allowed/Game: G 11.7 NW 14.6

Avg/Victory: G +13.8 NW +7.1

Oppt/Ovrall Record: G 46-54 NW 47-53

Common Oppt/Beech: G W7-0 NW L19-21

Streak: G L1 NW W5

Man that is some seriously tight statistics. Could be a classic game if the stats hold true to form.

Thanks MJPride. Sorry we couldn't help the Bears out last night. Good luck next week against Oakland. Gallatin will have their hands full in Clarksville Friday night. We have played against the current head coach when he was at Springfield but not since he has gone to NW. No clue as to how this one will turn out. I really thought Gallatin had a special team this year with some of the games and teams they played. Gallatin and it's fans (me included) will have to put last nights fiasco behind them. I look for them to rebound in a positive way. After both regular season losses this season they have come out focused and ready to play.

Thanks MJPride. Sorry we couldn't help the Bears out last night. Good luck next week against Oakland. Gallatin will have their hands full in Clarksville Friday night. We have played against the current head coach when he was at Springfield but not since he has gone to NW. No clue as to how this one will turn out. I really thought Gallatin had a special team this year with some of the games and teams they played. Gallatin and it's fans (me included) will have to put last nights fiasco behind them. I look for them to rebound in a positive way. After both regular season losses this season they have come out focused and ready to play.

Also thanks, we will need it against Oakland. Thats OK about last night. We should have taken care of buisness on Thursday night. Maybe you will get a rematch with HHS on a dry night and a different outcome. And before some HHS fan gets on here and say anything. I'm not saying the rain caused GHS to lose. Both teams had to play on the same field in the rain. It was just HHS night.

Prayers to the head coach of Gallatin.

Northwest will welcome the green wave to town Friday night. Big night for both teams....gonna be a battle of the green and gold. As a supporter of NWHS, we are so proud of our Vikings and the way they adjusted to our new coach. He and his staff have done a great job. The team has done a fantastic job after some disappointing couple of seasons. Looking forward to the battle. GO VIKINGS!!!

I was just going by what it said here....no big. Looking at their website they have some good size kids a couple of huge kids on the DL 79 and at a FB 44. The team photo's show 48 kids on varsity and 28 on JV not sure if the JV is a freshman/sophmore group. They definitely look like they have a good mix of size and speed. 24 looks like the workhorse in the backfield.
Well Gallatin is definitely gonna have to be tougher in the line. Especially with a huge fullback. Last night both sides got pushed around at will. I am listening to the coach's show and they said there was a ton of missed assignments. In predict a huge refocusing effort this week. Still talking about them running some option pitch on the wishbone.

I love the wishbone option attack but the option is not something you learn in 1 week..I think we tried some option in the first round last year. Have they run it any in practice?

Beech played at NW in week 1. It was Beech's second game and NW's first. NW has been pretty weak in recent years and it appeared that Beech had that in mind throughout the first half. Beech had some turnover issues in the first half and NW really pounded Beech's interior line with the big running back Wiley. He is a load! He is as tough a between the tackles guy as I have seen in a while, and showed pretty decent speed on one long run he had. As I recall, he rushed for 220 or so that night. Beech was fortunate to only be down 7-0 at the half. NW received to start the second half and continued to pound Wiley on dive plays up the middle on their initial drive. They drove into the red zone and appeared to be poised to go up two scores. Beech's O had been very anemic up until that point, so a two score lead would have really put Beech behind the 8 ball. For some reason (thankfully) they quit pounding Wiley and started attempting to pass it when they got in the red zone. They turned it over on downs and failed to score on their initial drive. Beech was able to break a long run soon after that and got back into the game. Both teams traded scores throughout the rest of the game, but because NW's kicker had been injured, they had to go for two on their two scores. Beech was able to keep them from converting the 2's and that ended up being the difference in the game.

NW is a good team with a formidable running game. I remember not being impressed with their passing game, but that was two months ago. Beech is vastly improved in all areas, and I would guess NW is too. It should be a great game.

Good luck Green Wave. Hopefully we will all represent 9AAA well.