POWELL vs SOUTH 1st round 5A @Death Valley

crawdad

For Sullivan South, the Rebels must take this one game at a time. Panther fans heard a lot of this same talk 2 years ago when the Panthers traveled down I-75 to face undefeated Red Bank in the first round of the playoffs. The Lions pulled it out late, winning a 30-27 thriller. Red Bank would go on to finish the season 12-1, with their only loss coming to Maryville in the quarterfinals.

Powell has had an excellent second half of the season. They really began to turn things around after the loss to Karns in week 5. The Panthers struggled with the fumble bug early on this season (which killed them against Fulton, OR, and Karns), but in recent weeks, they've done an excellent job of holding onto the football. I expect Powell to score some points, but Sullivan South is going to be a difficult team to beat.

If the Panthers hold onto the football, this game will be a lot closer than most people think. My prediction: Sullivan South 35 - Powell 20.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to reality, Powell.

Reality? Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but I don't see anybody from Powell trash talking and you won't. Powell knows that Sullivan South is a very good football team.

On the other hand, it's not like Powell hasn't seen good football teams in the past. Powell is a big underdog. I don't think anybody associated with the program would dispute that.

Reality? Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but I don't see anybody from Powell trash talking and you won't. Powell knows that Sullivan South is a very good football team.

On the other hand, it's not like Powell hasn't seen good football teams in the past. Powell is a big underdog. I don't think anybody associated with the program would dispute that.

This is a scary game for South. They just lost the conference championship on their home field in a lopsided fashion,many important players have been in and out of the lineup,and the 2nd half of the season has been very inconsistent with strong and weak performances. The Rebels better get their game faces on or a much improved Powell team, with everything to gain and nothing to lose, will make a tough season for the Rebels end on a very premature and bitter note.

It seems like HTV is always trying to twist things where it looks like someone is trying to argue with him or her(for the politically correct)...anyway I just dont see Powell winning this one but South cant overlook Powell or they will be surprised and if Mobley gets going Powell will be hard to stop!!! But HTV needs to chill out and quit being so touchy...this is a message board and this is where people talk trash and have fun!!! South 45...Powell 21.

It seems like HTV is always trying to twist things where it looks like someone is trying to argue with him or her(for the politically correct)...anyway I just dont see Powell winning this one but South cant overlook Powell or they will be surprised and if Mobley gets going Powell will be hard to stop!!! But HTV needs to chill out and quit being so touchy...this is a message board and this is where people talk trash and have fun!!! South 45...Powell 21.

Really? Exactly what did I twist? I simply asked for an explaination on what the poster meant by the word reality.

Please explain in specifics what I twisted.

This is a scary game for South. They just lost the conference championship on their home field in a lopsided fashion,many important players have been in and out of the lineup,and the 2nd half of the season has been very inconsistent with strong and weak performances. The Rebels better get their game faces on or a much improved Powell team, with everything to gain and nothing to lose, will make a tough season for the Rebels end on a very premature and bitter note.

Very good post Crawdad. All true. Speaking of bitter (JUST JOKING!!), where is compusman and his Points and a Poem? I enjoy him and Cap1 "discussing" matchups.

HTV, for the record, the people that ARE talking smack about this game aren't part of the South Rebel Nation. I haven't seen them before. It's just people stirring it when they feel they are not very far out on the trash talking limb. I have been watching Sullivan South games and following them (along with a few other NET teams) for a few years now. I started watching when the Badger phenom was a freshman there. They are really a standup community. If I had kids coming up to play football (or simply attending high school) in NET, I would most likely send them to Coach Carter and South.

So remember, every community has their nuts, but these nuts didn't fall from the South tree.

south will win first round... south 28 powell 21....... than season over.... south cb's arnet any good they get burnt every game... south dont play the best players ,,,, i know of 2 corners that 11th grade that dont play and they are better corners than what south plays... but see south dont play boys from sullivan middle school... its always been that way... maybe the sullivan boys should go to east or north if they want playing time.......gl rebels it been a good run.... next year we want win 5 games........

south will lose to powell cause of poor D its really bad... coach has boys play D that shouldnt be in there like # 27,30,31, powell 28 south 21....

I don't think the coaches know where most of these young men went to middle school, nor do they care. I sometimes question personnel choices, but I'm not at practice. I really don't think they would play someone, just because they went to CHMS, if they didn't think they could help win games.

I know a player that is also getting limited playing time. He runs extra, stays late in the weight room and gives all he has at every practice. He is competing, getting stronger and faster everday.

If you know someone on the team, advise them to work their gut out and earn that spot. South will be a better team for it, this year and next, whether they get PT or not.

HTV, for the record, the people that ARE talking smack about this game aren't part of the South Rebel Nation.

I understand that. Thecatcall09 is a Knoxville Central fan. He has a history of accusing Powell of being classless simply because Powell put 50 on his team in 2008 and he all but guaranteed a Central win over Powell back a few weeks ago, and we all know how that came out. It's just a case of really sour grapes with him and I was calling him, and him alone, out.