Farragut vs Ooltewah

Minethatbird

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny how you guys get on here and hide behind your screen names and run your mouths. At least those parents stand up for what they believe and aren't afraid to say to your face. Those parents and family member were just taking up for the players who worked hard for Benny and then got taken out of the game when they still had a chance to win. When you have a low down class less coach like that then you are bound to see a few angry parents. Brady only does what he is told to do. And he wants it just as much as the rest of the team. He works very hard to win. But what was done to him last night was PURE WRONG. If it what was said so wrong then why didn't one of people stand up for Benny and say something?????? If it happened to your son you would feel the same way. Grow up and act like men instead of getting on here and bad mouthing everyone on this website............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! You guys have traditionally had a great program....still do. It's a shame that this game has you bickering among one another.

Congratz to Farragut. I knew you guys were the better team and was hopping Ooltewah would end your season. Thinking Maryville might be heading into another contest vs. the abs if both teams take care of business next week. Reading some of the posts here from the owl faithful it would seem they fell apart again in the early rounds and are now eating their young. Good luck next week Farragut and thanks to the owls for their contribution this season. Maybe see ya next year.

Quick Q, I have never seen Ooltewah play so I just wanted to know if they are like one of those NET teams that don't play any quality teams throughout the season so they go undefeated but once playoff time comes around they just get out played or is it just a case of "it wasn't their night" Please don't take this as disrespect, since I have never seen them play I'd like to get someones opinion who has followed this team throughout the years and would have an accurate answer/opinion. Thanks and good luck next year!

I didn't see a response to this question a few pages back, and though I don't "follow" the program week in and week out, I'm a little familiar with their recent teams because they were formerly in the same region as Heritage, William Blount, Farragut and Oak Ridge.

Their new district (district 5) was weak this year. Nothing Ooltewah can do about that. What they can do is schedule good out of district opponents, which they did in Austin-East, Franklin and Maplewood. Ooltewah is good, period. Their only 1st round losses in recent years were to Bearden in '07 (Bearden was a top seed, Ooltewah was a 4 seed -- and Bearden would advance to the semis) and last night to Farragut which is undoubtedly one of the better teams in the state.

Its funny how you guys get on here and hide behind your screen names and run your mouths. At least those parents stand up for what they believe and aren't afraid to say to your face. Those parents and family member were just taking up for the players who worked hard for Benny and then got taken out of the game when they still had a chance to win. When you have a low down class less coach like that then you are bound to see a few angry parents. Brady only does what he is told to do. And he wants it just as much as the rest of the team. He works very hard to win. But what was done to him last night was PURE WRONG. If it what was said so wrong then why didn't one of people stand up for Benny and say something?????? If it happened to your son you would feel the same way. Grow up and act like men instead of getting on here and bad mouthing everyone on this website............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes..we all hide behind our screen-names!!!! SO DO YOU...!!!! after,all that jabber,did you say,who you where? I love screen-names..thats is why coacht is so fun!!!! :lol: On a more serious note: The last 3 years were the MOST exhausting 3 football years,ever.Everyone on here is SICK and TIRED of talking about the offense,the QB situation...it's over,finally over. RED4LIFE the best thing for you to do is shut-up talking about it.Dude let it go,because you are tap-dancing on a "landmine",so to speak.,.just let it go. Go away......

Red4life you make sound like it was Brady parents ,that was doing alot of the talking in the stands.I know his dad , and i dont thing he would said anything out line.And if he did im sure he will talk to the coach about it. If it was Brady's mom, she and said what she want to because she is HOT! ............... Brady is a fine young man, so get off his back.Im not talking about you Red4life.

:lol: It was Brady's parents........for better or worse.

Wow....this board has gotten so predictable it's not worth the time. I woke up to read some news online and catch up on the Vols and thought I would take a look and right on cue, this place never seems to disappoint.

Why don't you people back off on Brady? His career is over and it didn't end up like he or his parents thought it would. But that doesn't mean he won't go on to bigger and better things, be a successful businessman, and have a great life. Some of you people need to get a life and stop living your life through your kids.

Here's a clue for some of you, five years from now, nobody is going to remember a darn accomplishment on the football field by your child. 99.9 % will not play past high school.

And here is another suggestion. The spring promises to be one of the more interesting springs in recent memory and the hot topic will be, who will be the quarterback. Let's support whoever is chosen by the coaches and not come on here and bash somebodies kid or better yet, get in the ear of the coaches to undermine the competition. You people know who you are.....

Congrats seniors for having a great season.

Who was it? Didn't hear too much bad stuff this week.

As far as the "phantom touchdown", it happened on the home side, so how in the heck could a fan from the visitor's side ("100 yards away") see anything anyway. It was a great play. You won, focus on Beardon, please.

76LJ, no disrespect to your player or his efforts was intended. I just wanted to point out the poor call made by an out of position official. He needed to move himself to the goal line to see this one correctly. Although my distance was great, I had the angle plus visual accuity to see it was no touchdown. It is another example in a long line of official's mistakes. This game was not decided by the officiating, I thought it was quite good by the way, but many are swayed in one direction by poor calls.

I look forward to continuing a rivalry with a great Ooltewah program in the playoffs for many years.

All things considered we had a great trip to Hooterville and are ready for Rd 2 with Bearden!

by rigger101 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:10 am

BigHairyOwl wrote:

DONT COUNT US OUT DURING THE PLAYOFFS...I GUARANTEE YOU FARRAGUT DONT WANT TO COME TO THE NEST THE FIRST ROUND!!!

Something tells me it might be the Owls who do nott want to see a healthy Farragut!

Farragut played a real schedule this year. Played 2 former State Champs. Then DB, OR, Bearden and Riverdale.

Who did you play except Franklin?

YOu had an easy reg season sch and couldn't finish that.

Farragut was #1 about the same amount of time as the baby birds. Should be a great game. Just keep your boys out of North GA Go look at your Girl Softball State Champ Trophy because that's the only State Champ team the birds can build!

The screch Owls sound like Crying Owls. It's the same thing every year. As soon as your team loses a game or 2 then the attacks start on the players, Coach and parents.

SAD!

I predicted this over a week ago. When the Owls played in Reg 2 they played a tough schedule and it helped get to the semi's. Now I think the OWL NATION had a false sense of how good they were.

While Farragut was playing the best teams in the State the owls kept puffing out their chest saying how great they were playing a weak dist.

From 31 Oct

Owl_Pic.gif

The flock of birds do this every year! They will turn on each other soon! They need to goback to the drawing board.