#7 York @ #4 Seq. Co

BallPark3434

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think SC wins this game by 14. Yes York is bigger and more physical, but SC has way more speed plus it's a home game for them. It's really hard to go against a team that's playing on their home field during the playoffs. I think it will be a huge upset if York wins. SC's special teams is out of Yorks league as well. I don't believe it will be a blowout but it very easily could be if SC comes out and plays ball.

Honestly? I don't even think Alcoa is "out of their (York's) league". :lol: It's HS football, anything can happen. Plus a huge upset? Like I said, HS football. York was 3 plays away from 10-0, home playoff spot, and a #1 ranking. I don't think this will be a huge upset WHEN York whens. :roll: . Speed right? York has at least 1 player I have never seen caught and they have corners, LBs, and even Lineman that can run 4.6-5's. And, granted that 44 and 2 has speed, what does it matter when they are getting hit at the line or behind it? They aren't power runners by any stretch of the imagination. 8.3 ppg allowed this year... I'll take my chances with York. I see York with this one by at least 14. They won't be stopped if they play like they did last week. It's gonna be a rough game... and I can't wait. Good luck to both teams. Drive safe Amish Nation

Come on 79. This York team couldn't play with the 2007 Dragons much less any Alcoa team in the past decade or longer.

:roflol:

It doesn"t matter where they finished. they will still beat seq. co. York has team speed and they gang tackle. All I hear about seq. co. is two players 2 & 44, York has whole team.

They have more then just those two. Overall Seq will have the speed advantage. I have seen both play and Seq is faster IMO. Seq has good talent at every position. This game should be a good one, but the kicker maker the diffrence. Seq wins this one.

Don't get me wrong it does sound as if York will be one of the two toughest opponents of the season so far, along with McMinn Central. The exaggeration on the 40s was just a little over the top and humorous.

Saw York early in the season versus Meigs County. Meigs held them scoreless in the first half. The starting QB had to sit out the first half for some reason. The York offense was not very good without him in the game. Since they run the veer option, he is key to their offensive success.

I see SC as having more options on offense that York. SC is suspect on the edges of the defense and the defensive backs are not great in run support on the edge. The Wildcat Formation will give York some problems. No.2 is a threat to go the distance at anytime. Why does SC not throw to the reciever that is about 6-4?

Can either team throw the football? SC- One completion last week? York does not throw much....Game might be over in two hours. Turn-overs will be the deciding factor...............for __________________

I think SC wins this game by 14. Yes York is bigger and more physical, but SC has way more speed plus it's a home game for them. It's really hard to go against a team that's playing on their home field during the playoffs. I think it will be a huge upset if York wins. SC's special teams is out of Yorks league as well. I don't believe it will be a blowout but it very easily could be if SC comes out and plays ball.

Honestly? I don't even think Alcoa is "out of their (York's) league". :excl: It's HS football, anything can happen. Plus a huge upset? Like I said, HS football. York was 3 plays away from 10-0, home playoff spot, and a #1 ranking. I don't think this will be a huge upset WHEN York whens. :angry: . Speed right? York has at least 1 player I have never seen caught and they have corners, LBs, and even Lineman that can run 4.6-5's. And, granted that 44 and 2 has speed, what does it matter when they are getting hit at the line or behind it? They aren't power runners by any stretch of the imagination. 8.3 ppg allowed this year... I'll take my chances with York. I see York with this one by at least 14. They won't be stopped if they play like they did last week. It's gonna be a rough game... and I can't wait. Good luck to both teams. Drive safe Amish Nation

Come on 79. This York team couldn't play with the 2007 Dragons much less any Alcoa team in the past decade or longer.

:excl:

This is very true!

This is very true!

Wow, can't play with? That is harsh. They don't have the dominant defense that allowed what? 2.4 ppg but, they in my opinion are more dimensional now. Like I've said, I've seen many ball games, and in high school, no one is in a league of their own. On no level is there anyone on their own level and unbeatable. To believe that is just pure poppycock. :excl: Gotta love that word

Wow, can't play with? That is harsh. They don't have the dominant defense that allowed what? 2.4 ppg but, they in my opinion are more dimensional now. Like I've said, I've seen many ball games, and in high school, no one is in a league of their own. On no level is there anyone on their own level and unbeatable. To believe that is just pure poppycock. :thumb: Gotta love that word

And to believe York is as good as the 07 team or on the same level as Alcoa is pure poppycock, balderdash, hogwash, bosh, bunk, rubbish.... :thumb:

I still hope York wins! Good luck...your gonna need it when you play the F5! :thumb:

York 2007 Schedule

Date Opponent Details Result

Fri Aug. 24 Coalfield W 47-0

Fri Sep. 7 #25 Cannon Co. R W 21-6

Fri Sep. 14 at #14 Monterey W 41-0

Fri Sep. 21 #8 Smith Co. R W 35-21

Fri Sep. 28 Livingston Academy W 33-0

Fri Oct. 5 at #21 Westmoreland R W 12-7

Fri Oct. 12 Cumberland Co. W 47-14

Fri Oct. 19 at Jackson Co. R W 35-7

Fri Oct. 26 at Marion Co. W 19-7

Fri Nov. 2 Upperman R W 52-21

Fri Nov. 9 Marion Co. 2A Playoff W 24-6

Fri Nov. 16 #8 Smith Co. 2A Playoff W 28-14

Fri Nov. 23 #5 DCA Class 2A Qtrfinal L 12-34

Overall Record: 12-1

Region Record: 5-0

York 2009 Schedule

Date Opponent Details Result

Fri Aug. 21 at Stone Memorial W 36-12

Fri Aug. 28 Scott County W 24-21

Fri Sep. 4 at Upperman D W 42-0

Fri Sep. 11 at Meigs Co. W 28-0

Fri Sep. 18 at Cannon Co. D L 14-20

Fri Sep. 25 Cumberland Co. W 21-0

Fri Oct. 2 DeKalb Co. D L 15-18

Fri Oct. 9 White Co. W 33-0

Fri Oct. 16 at Livingston Academy D L 6-12

Fri Oct. 30 Smith Co. D W 28-0

Fri Nov. 6 at Sequatchie Co. 3A Playoffs

Overall Record: 7-3

District Record: 2-3

Schedules taken from coacht. You can't compare this team to the 07 team just plain ridiculous. York could have had 7 shut outs in 07 if Coach Wright left his first string in until two minutes to go like Coach Brown. Most the time in 07 second string came in the second series of the second half. lol