Knoxville Catholic @ Morristown West

Irish423

Catholic looks like one of the more notable underachievers of the year. Sure they moved up but going from state champs to 5-5 is a pretty long fall - especially losing to Heritage. You have to consider the how great the effect of the coaching change has been. I say Mo West wins this one.

But maybe by next year those guys Coach Morris recruited away from Karns will make a difference? :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the returning starters Karns could easily be at least a 5-5 team next year. Except that at Catholic they have to pay for school and study catholicism, what would the difference be between those guys who left Karns playing one place or the other? The QB who left would most likely have been the Karns starter next year. Will he be on the field or on the JV team at Catholic?

With all the returning starters Karns could easily be at least a 5-5 team next year. Except that at Catholic they have to pay for school and study catholicism, what would the difference be between those guys who left Karns playing one place or the other? The QB who left would most likely have been the Karns starter next year. Will he be on the field or on the JV team at Catholic?

Who knows. The QB position should be wide open at Catholic next year. Great Upcoming freshmen QB that could possibly compete for the starting job.

Catholic looks like one of the more notable underachievers of the year. Sure they moved up but going from state champs to 5-5 is a pretty long fall - especially losing to Heritage. You have to consider the how great the effect of the coaching change has been. I say Mo West wins this one.

But maybe by next year those guys Coach Morris recruited away from Karns will make a difference? :angry:

I'll be the first to say Heritage is a better team than most of the teams Pemberton had on his shedule last year. Scott Co., Stone Mem., Apple turnover Co. (Anderson Co.) to just name a few. Pemberton was the master of scheduling. I would say unrealistic expectations by some

But maybe by next year those guys Coach Morris recruited away from Karns will make a difference? :angry:

I'll be the first to say Heritage is a better team than most of the teams Pemberton had on his shedule last year. Scott Co., Stone Mem., Apple turnover Co. (Anderson Co.) to just name a few. Pemberton was the master of scheduling. I would say unrealistic expectations by some

I guess AC, AE, Fulton, Kingston, Mo west and all the playoff teams were all pushovers. I was a fan of KC when Pemberton was there (a good old Roane Co guy)

But maybe by next year those guys Coach Morris recruited away from Karns will make a difference? :roflolk:

i don't know after having seen these play that I would rate Heritage above Scott County and certainly not AC, Stone agreed. Don't blame all the scheduling on Pemberton. Many around have wanted no part of the Irish for the past few years.

Heritage has been knocking heads in one the best 5A Regions for the past few years. They had a bad record but they were playing against some very good teams in Ooltewah, Farragut, OR, WB (they had a pretty good run till the last 2 years). The new coach finally put his only D-1 player on offense for the Catholic game. If he would have done this all year they might be 5-5 or better. If I was the Catholic coach I'd tell my team we are finally getting some relief in the playoffs. (I don't know if they are, but that is what I would tell them.)