WHAT A JOKE! TSSAA BLOWS IT!

fblover

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow gallatin is a powerhouse for a wildcard . I must be missing something ,say how many loses did GHS have. Look I'm Indy supporter and I don't think they deserve a wildcard sure they play in one of the best regions and had a killer mon conference schedule but they were 0-3 versus teams in their division region loss to franklin brentwood and ravenwood - wins in coference over centenial and hillsbore (think they have combined 5 or 6 wins) wins over seigal,colombia lavernge and mba- loss to oakland.. Look the TSSAA is a joke and royaly messed this up

Hillsboro, not hillsbore. Siegel, not seigal. Columbia, not colombia. LaVergne, not lavernge.

Non-conference, not mon conference.

Was this post a joke to make fun of the real Sarah Palin and her lack of brains?

The coach's comments are very relevant. This system was based upon the TSSAA wanting to mimic the NCAA selection process for Basketball. All it did really was throw out the significance of district games, cause some teams to struggle to even find teams to play and really took the winnowing process from the field to the backroom. What a sad mess.

At the very least, if you cannot win at least 50% of your district games, you do not need to be in the playoffs. Out of district games should not matter, allowing teams to select schools that bring money games to their schools, continue local rivalries without worrying about playoff consequences, etc.

To me, a successful system is the SEC. Use that model (obviously with tweeks) to structure a playoff scenario. And, let the kids decide the champion on the field and not some "wannabees" sitting in a room.

Regardless, good luck to all teams and enjoy this time of the season. It is truly special.

The coach's comments are very relevant. This system was based upon the TSSAA wanting to mimic the NCAA selection process for Basketball. All it did really was throw out the significance of district games, cause some teams to struggle to even find teams to play and really took the winnowing process from the field to the backroom. What a sad mess.

At the very least, if you cannot win at least 50% of your district games, you do not need to be in the playoffs. Out of district games should not matter, allowing teams to select schools that bring money games to their schools, continue local rivalries without worrying about playoff consequences, etc.

To me, a successful system is the SEC. Use that model (obviously with tweeks) to structure a playoff scenario. And, let the kids decide the champion on the field and not some "wannabees" sitting in a room.

Regardless, good luck to all teams and enjoy this time of the season. It is truly special.

Good Post and you hit the "Nail on the Head" :popcorneater:

Article in Nashville Tennessean on Sunday about the mistakes in the new TSSAA Playoff System.

Childress is quoted...he seems to know there is a problem

True of Summertown, a board member who voted on this crap is quoted..he seems to know we have a problem...True wants to poll each member school on this new plan...good idea. His vote on the new plan was not told in the article.

Mathis of Tullahoma, a board member who voted on this crap is quoted...he seems to not have a clue...it says he voted for the new playoff system...at least we know where one vote came from.

guys the point that I was trying to make is that the people in charge aren't as concerned about the quality of play as they should be, if they were they could have given us more exact scenarios during the week about what a team needed to do to make the playoffs, we called the TSSAA on Thursday and they could not tell us what combination of our win and other teams wins or losses would put us into the playoffs. We thought Friday night after our win that we had made the playoffs (which we did) but when we called our score in they couldn't tell us if we were in or not. Then to make matters worse they post the wrong matchups, as soon as our matchup was originally announced I called the coach on our supposed opponents staff who I know to be the one that swaps film for his school and met him by 8:30 went to school and began work, I got a call from him at 11:00 saying I know you are working but hold up they have pulled down the brackets and there is a good chance that we don't play. I already had my QB sitting with me discussing fronts, blitzes and coverages that we were seeing on film and that we had seen from this team in the past. When the corrected bracket came out not only did I have to run down my new opponent to swap film, but I had to go meet the original opponent and return his film to him so he could make his new swap as well. I was finally able to get with the new opponent by 4 p.m. go back to the school and begin work which would have normally started before midnight on friday if the TSSAA had left well enough alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we are having to meet 4 hours earlier today than normal to make up for the time we lost on Friday night and Saturday. TSSAA IF YOU ARE GOING TO IMPLEMENT A NEW SYSTEM AT LEAST MAKE IT ONE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND :roflol:

Stop the complaining, and just play your games! It should not matter who you play, but how you play the next 5 weeks. I am excited to see that a wildcard could make a run. If seeding bothers you, then maybe we should make the TSSAA revert to the BCS system. Go out and win your week one game, and then work from there.

Gallatin vs. Northwest (can you believe the Gallatin power house is a wildcard?)

:ph34r:

A power house does not get beat 31-0.

A team below .500 is not going to win state anyway, there is no reason for them to even be in the playoffs. Each region shouldnt HAVE to send a wildcard team, they should have to give it to another region who has a better team that deserves to get in. I.E - Shelbyville should give it Siegal.

Someone should of told that to Livingston Academy a couple of years ago. 5-5 when the playoffs started and won state.

Someone should of told that to Livingston Academy a couple of years ago. 5-5 when the playoffs started and won state.

Good point. In that case, it was a testament to having played in the toughest region in the state at that time against Anderson County, Catholic, Fulton, Austin East, Kingston and some others. Once LA got through those teams it was a cake walk that year. It might do wonders for a team to have played very good competition in its district, get beat up by 6A teams and then be prepared to run the gauntlet.

So what can be done? Why not extend the playoffs one week and let every one in. The season play will be for each teams place in the playoffs. Each school would make more money, everyone will have a chance, and the almighty tssaa will make more cash, dont they want that anyway???? :thumb: